Author Topic: Nevills burns revisited.  (Read 29109 times)

Offline lookout

Re: Nevills burns revisited.
« Reply #300 on: July 15, 2018, 01:09:PM »

That would be those same countries, would it, that stone women to death if a man, other than her husband has sex with her?

Not necessarily. A country which doesn't treat heinous crimes with kid gloves in allowing the like of Bundy to live !! The USA don't stone women do they ??

Offline Jane

« Reply #301 on: July 15, 2018, 01:25:PM »
But neither do they follow the eye for an eye dictat.

Offline lookout

« Reply #302 on: July 15, 2018, 01:34:PM »
They certainly eradicate monsters in various States though probably for lesser crimes than Bundy's sub-human way.

I'm not the only one by any means who believes in the death penalty for these monsters !

Offline lookout

« Reply #303 on: July 15, 2018, 01:41:PM »
How do you think the families of his victims go through their lives ?? Could you ever forget while he's sitting back and being looked after ?

Offline Jane

« Reply #304 on: July 15, 2018, 01:52:PM »
They certainly eradicate monsters in various States though probably for lesser crimes than Bundy's sub-human way.

I'm not the only one by any means who believes in the death penalty for these monsters !

I share your belief that there are some who don't deserve to share the air others breath, but I'd prefer that their sentence included a way which forced them to make/gave them the choice of making reparation to society, ie they could choose to stay alive -as an alternative to the death sentence- by take part in drugs trials.

Offline Jane

« Reply #305 on: July 15, 2018, 02:03:PM »
How do you think the families of his victims go through their lives ?? Could you ever forget while he's sitting back and being looked after ?

Like bad things that happen to us all, Lookout, there's no way of undoing it. Ultimately, if we can't move on, it's only our own lives which suffer. Our bitterness will have no effect whatsoever on whoever caused our suffering. My admiration is boundless for those families who've been able to forgive the person who robbed them of their loved one. Their grief and sorrow for their loss will be no less than that of those who can't forgive, but channeling it into helping to prevent others from going down the same path shows unrivaled generosity of spirit.

Offline lookout

« Reply #306 on: July 15, 2018, 02:10:PM »
Like bad things that happen to us all, Lookout, there's no way of undoing it. Ultimately, if we can't move on, it's only our own lives which suffer. Our bitterness will have no effect whatsoever on whoever caused our suffering. My admiration is boundless for those families who've been able to forgive the person who robbed them of their loved one. Their grief and sorrow for their loss will be no less than that of those who can't forgive, but channeling it into helping to prevent others from going down the same path shows unrivaled generosity of spirit.

Sorry if I don't share your sentiments.
Because of your stance on this case could you forgive Jeremy ?

Offline Jane

« Reply #307 on: July 15, 2018, 02:32:PM »

Sorry if I don't share your sentiments.
Because of your stance on this case could you forgive Jeremy ?

Aww, c'mon, Lookout. Surely you know me well enough to know I can't answer "What would you do if..........." questions, anymore that I expound "If I were you, I'd.................." Please God, I NEVER have to face what Jeremy's family woke up to that August morning. HowEVER bad/undeserving/greedy you judge them to be, NONE of them deserved that.

Offline lookout

« Reply #308 on: July 15, 2018, 02:39:PM »

Aww, c'mon, Lookout. Surely you know me well enough to know I can't answer "What would you do if..........." questions, anymore that I expound "If I were you, I'd.................." Please God, I NEVER have to face what Jeremy's family woke up to that August morning. HowEVER bad/undeserving/greedy you judge them to be, NONE of them deserved that.

Not my fault----you profess to be full of forgiveness so it's an easy enough question. No use generalising if there's one case in particular where you can't forgive, you either can or you can't. This is where we differ greatly because I call a spade a spade in my beliefs and folk know exactly where they are as I'll never waver on anything with my own beliefs so you SHOULD be able to answer.

Offline lookout

« Reply #309 on: July 15, 2018, 02:43:PM »
So from what I can gather,you wouldn't forgive JB ? Can I ask why he's any different to the monster Bundy?

Perhaps it's because the family would never forgive him ? You do what others tell you ?

Offline lookout

« Reply #310 on: July 15, 2018, 02:45:PM »
IF JB had committed this crime I'm damn sure I'd never forgive him !! Or his like !

Offline Caroline

« Reply #311 on: July 15, 2018, 02:53:PM »

Not necessarily. A country which doesn't treat heinous crimes with kid gloves in allowing the like of Bundy to live !! The USA don't stone women do they ??

Lookout, Ted Bundy was executed in Florida in 1989  ;D
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline lookout

« Reply #312 on: July 15, 2018, 02:53:PM »
Lookout, Ted Bundy was executed in Florida in 1989  ;D

Good.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #313 on: July 15, 2018, 02:56:PM »
So from what I can gather,you wouldn't forgive JB ? Can I ask why he's any different to the monster Bundy?

Perhaps it's because the family would never forgive him ? You do what others tell you ?

Society as a whole hasn’t and won’t forgive him, hence the whole life tarrif. What he did was unforgivable but it’s not for an individual to forgive - it’s for the legal system to determine justice.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Jane

« Reply #314 on: July 15, 2018, 02:58:PM »

Not my fault----you profess to be full of forgiveness so it's an easy enough question. No use generalising if there's one case in particular where you can't forgive, you either can or you can't. This is where we differ greatly because I call a spade a spade in my beliefs and folk know exactly where they are as I'll never waver on anything with my own beliefs so you SHOULD be able to answer.

You will also be aware that I don't do "SHOULD". I'm not certain how I can -HONESTLY- answer how I'd react to something I've never experienced. The most I CAN say is that I'd do my best to understand why something was done, but that doesn't mean I'd condone the act. It sounds to me as if you make a decision and stick to it like glue, come what may. It doesn't tell me, though, how you feel about that decision. If you accept that the taking of life is murder, how then, is it possible to show compassion for mercy killings? From an objective position, I can weigh each crime against another. From a subjective position, I'd find it much more difficult.