Author Topic: Nevills burns revisited.  (Read 29029 times)

Offline Caroline

Re: Nevills burns revisited.
« Reply #255 on: July 13, 2018, 04:15:PM »
True enough it is only opinipn in the end however there is so little hard evidence on either side which means this case really is to a large extent 'opinion'.

But that is true of most cases.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Jane

« Reply #256 on: July 13, 2018, 04:25:PM »
True enough it is only opinipn in the end however there is so little hard evidence on either side which means this case really is to a large extent 'opinion'.

Only, in event of the fact that it hasn't yet been posited that little green men from Mars are the culprits,  everything which exonerates Sheila, points the finger at Jeremy. Even the absence of forensic evidence points more to Jeremy than to Sheila. Is it feasible that a woman, in the throes of psychosis would take the trouble to eradicate all signs of her having committed a crime, if she didn't even know she was committing one. Jeremy had all the time in the world to 'lose'  evidence of him having committed a crime. Some of it could have been going round in the washing machine whilst the police were interviewing him in his cottage.

Offline Jane

« Reply #257 on: July 13, 2018, 04:40:PM »

Here's another possibility, Maggie. Nevill was in the fields at the time Len Folkes saw him and Jeremy had slipped back to the house whilst he was away. All he'd have had to do was knock on the door, OR as it may not have been locked, anyway, just walk in. I agree that there are many "possibilities! about this case but I'm inclined to think he was convicted on a balance of probabilities.

And here's another!!! Off the top of my head!!! Jeremy persuades Sheila that both of them would be better -for their own reasons- off if their parents weren't there. They conspire to do away with them. Jeremy, an accomplished shot, helps Sheila to fire at their parents. Then it all changes. There's nothing Sheila can do -in fact, she's helpless- because she's already implicated in the two previous murders.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #258 on: July 13, 2018, 07:46:PM »
And here's another!!! Off the top of my head!!! Jeremy persuades Sheila that both of them would be better -for their own reasons- off if their parents weren't there. They conspire to do away with them. Jeremy, an accomplished shot, helps Sheila to fire at their parents. Then it all changes. There's nothing Sheila can do -in fact, she's helpless- because she's already implicated in the two previous murders.
Both possible, that's what I was saying.... there are many possibilities. 

Offline David1819

« Reply #259 on: July 14, 2018, 01:04:AM »
Well I suppose because he didn't know the strength of the bullets on humans with a gun designed to kill vermin.

Then why were the all the other victims tested for life?

Killers with Schizophrenia are know to carry out "bizarre mutilation of the victim's body"

"Decapitation and Dismemberment of the Corpse: A Matricide Case' published in the Journal of Forensic Sciences. A 57-year-old woman was decapitated and her right arm and both hands were dismembered by her 33-year-old daughter, who had been receiving treatment for schizophrenia for 15 years."

Offline Caroline

« Reply #260 on: July 14, 2018, 02:50:AM »
Then why were the all the other victims tested for life?

Killers with Schizophrenia are know to carry out "bizarre mutilation of the victim's body"

"Decapitation and Dismemberment of the Corpse: A Matricide Case' published in the Journal of Forensic Sciences. A 57-year-old woman was decapitated and her right arm and both hands were dismembered by her 33-year-old daughter, who had been receiving treatment for schizophrenia for 15 years."

As do psychopaths

Offline lookout

« Reply #261 on: July 14, 2018, 12:02:PM »
As in Bi-Polar disorder which has been linked to a traumatic childhood experience which has the potential for violence as opposed to those who are schizophrenic.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #262 on: July 14, 2018, 12:07:PM »
There is a lot of ignorance about mental health here. Lets find a couple of instances where bodies have been mutulated and apply it to all schizophrenics - silly.

Why don't you look and see how many mutulations were carried out by non-schizophreics, I think you'll find there are a LOT more who aren'!

Also Lookout, there are many, many people living with bi-polar disorder and the majority are NOT violent!

Offline lookout

« Reply #263 on: July 14, 2018, 12:09:PM »
Trauma being the repeated separation between mother and child which affects development and also affective disturbances in adult life.

Offline lookout

« Reply #264 on: July 14, 2018, 12:14:PM »
There is a lot of ignorance about mental health here. Lets find a couple of instances where bodies have been mutulated and apply it to all schizophrenics - silly.

Why don't you look and see how many mutulations were carried out by non-schizophreics, I think you'll find there are a LOT more who aren'!

Also Lookout, there are many, many people living with bi-polar disorder and the majority are NOT violent!

It's a far higher percentage than those who suffer schizophrenia. I know first hand of one bi-polar sufferer who is violent--------and you'd think butter wouldn't melt !

Offline Jane

« Reply #265 on: July 14, 2018, 12:37:PM »
As in Bi-Polar disorder which has been linked to a traumatic childhood experience which has the potential for violence as opposed to those who are schizophrenic.

It seems to me that the more types of mental illness/personality disorder/psychological disturbance you attempt to stick to Sheila to prove her culpability, the more it looks as if Jeremy is responsible.

Offline Jane

« Reply #266 on: July 14, 2018, 12:42:PM »

It's a far higher percentage than those who suffer schizophrenia. I know first hand of one bi-polar sufferer who is violent--------and you'd think butter wouldn't melt !

Knowing ONE bi-polar sufferer who's violent doesn't, as I'm sure you know, mean ALL are so. I've known, first hand, those who aren't.

Offline lookout

« Reply #267 on: July 14, 2018, 12:56:PM »
It seems to me that the more types of mental illness/personality disorder/psychological disturbance you attempt to stick to Sheila to prove her culpability, the more it looks as if Jeremy is responsible.

On the contrary,it's yourself who's pushing towards his guilt with most of your ill-thought out posts-----so why do you bother ? At least I'm looking for alternatives to her supposed schizophrenia which according to some seemed to have manifested itself overnight.
It's your overall righteousness against all that JB has stated that goes against the grain which I find damaging especially when there are those who are far more knowledgeable working behind the scenes ?   

Offline lookout

« Reply #268 on: July 14, 2018, 12:58:PM »
Most of those who do support JB blame Sheila's culpability in all this------but for all the wrong reasons.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #269 on: July 14, 2018, 01:07:PM »

Wel, if you know ONE, then I guess your stats must be right ........ oh hang on, I know THREE and NONE of them are violent! Post some proof Lookout, otherwise your arument just falls flat. Oh and make sure it proves what you said " a far higher percentage than those who suffer schizophrenia" are violent.