Author Topic: Nevills burns revisited.  (Read 28643 times)

Offline David1819

Re: Nevills burns revisited.
« Reply #240 on: July 12, 2018, 09:13:PM »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #241 on: July 12, 2018, 09:26:PM »

He was shot 8 times. (four in the head) Why would Jeremy do this odd check for life on Nevill and nobody else?

If you want to make sure someone is dead you simply get up close and inflict a fatal headshot.
Well I suppose because he didn't know the strength of the bullets on humans with a gun designed to kill vermin.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #242 on: July 12, 2018, 09:28:PM »

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,5565.msg243191.html#msg243191

::)
This is well thought out. Wouldn't he risk being seen over fields on his return if he came back to WHF earlier when it hasn't yet dropped dark?

Offline Caroline

Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Caroline

« Reply #244 on: July 13, 2018, 12:31:AM »
This is well thought out. Wouldn't he risk being seen over fields on his return if he came back to WHF earlier when it hasn't yet dropped dark?

He risked a lot of things.

Offline lookout

« Reply #245 on: July 13, 2018, 07:51:AM »
So do we all as we go through life------JB wasn't/isn't unique you know  ::)

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #246 on: July 13, 2018, 09:17:AM »
He risked a lot of things.
Hi Caroline, I remember discussing this with you, ie the possibility that JB arranged to stay the night at WHF that night.  If he is guilty it makes more sense than him climbing through windows imo.  However, I believe Len Foalkes states that he saw Nevill in the fields about 10pm moving the last load of harvest from the field although he could have been mistaken. We all do tend to see what we expect to see at times. So many possibilities in this case don't know how anyone can be absolutely certain of the truth. 

Offline lookout

« Reply #247 on: July 13, 2018, 09:32:AM »
Wasn't there also another chap who'd been working late and took the tractor to the caravan site where he was staying ? He then brought it back next morning. He'd probably been helping Nevill.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #248 on: July 13, 2018, 10:28:AM »
Hi Caroline, I remember discussing this with you, ie the possibility that JB arranged to stay the night at WHF that night.  If he is guilty it makes more sense than him climbing through windows imo.  However, I believe Len Foalkes states that he saw Nevill in the fields about 10pm moving the last load of harvest from the field although he could have been mistaken. We all do tend to see what we expect to see at times. So many possibilities in this case don't know how anyone can be absolutely certain of the truth.

Hi Maggie, it was simply a possibility. But even if Jeremy didn't bring in the last load, I still think he came back early. I don't think he came through a window and I think he left via the bathroom/toilet window, not the kitchen because this is the window he used some time after the murders.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #249 on: July 13, 2018, 10:29:AM »
Wasn't there also another chap who'd been working late and took the tractor to the caravan site where he was staying ? He then brought it back next morning. He'd probably been helping Nevill.

He wasn't helping Nevil, he was working on a feild in Goldhanger, hence why he took the the tractor home.

Offline Jane

« Reply #250 on: July 13, 2018, 11:49:AM »

Here's another possibility, Maggie. Nevill was in the fields at the time Len Folkes saw him and Jeremy had slipped back to the house whilst he was away. All he'd have had to do was knock on the door, OR as it may not have been locked, anyway, just walk in. I agree that there are many "possibilities! about this case but I'm inclined to think he was convicted on a balance of probabilities.

Offline lookout

« Reply #251 on: July 13, 2018, 01:14:PM »
I wonder if any of JB's legal team have visited him in prison to see/liaise with him at all ? Or have paid a visit to EP to discuss the withheld evidence ? I would have thought this was a procedure undertaken before any thoughts on an appeal. I'm sure I'd be wanting to see who I'd be representing in any forthcoming appeal.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #252 on: July 13, 2018, 01:26:PM »

Here's another possibility, Maggie. Nevill was in the fields at the time Len Folkes saw him and Jeremy had slipped back to the house whilst he was away. All he'd have had to do was knock on the door, OR as it may not have been locked, anyway, just walk in. I agree that there are many "possibilities! about this case but I'm inclined to think he was convicted on a balance of probabilities.
True enough,  he may have done as you say. One stumbling block imo is that people far more qualified than myself believe he at the least had an unfair trial, I therefore feel I am far from qualified to be certain either way.  :-\

Offline Jane

« Reply #253 on: July 13, 2018, 01:46:PM »
True enough,  he may have done as you say. One stumbling block imo is that people far more qualified than myself believe he at the least had an unfair trial, I therefore feel I am far from qualified to be certain either way.  :-\

How qualified are jury members? Yet decisions are required of them. Certainly there ARE those "far more qualified" who believe he had an unfair trial, but I think that can probably be balanced by those, equally "far more qualified" who believe the correct verdict was reached. At the end of the day, it's only their opinion, to which they, like we, are entitled.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #254 on: July 13, 2018, 03:47:PM »
How qualified are jury members? Yet decisions are required of them. Certainly there ARE those "far more qualified" who believe he had an unfair trial, but I think that can probably be balanced by those, equally "far more qualified" who believe the correct verdict was reached. At the end of the day, it's only their opinion, to which they, like we, are entitled.
True enough it is only opinipn in the end however there is so little hard evidence on either side which means this case really is to a large extent 'opinion'.