Author Topic: Nevills burns revisited.  (Read 29122 times)

Offline Jane

Re: Nevills burns revisited.
« Reply #150 on: July 10, 2018, 10:06:PM »

SJ's attitude toward Jeremy--------which is why Jeremy was cocky with him. Then again Colin couldn't stand SJ either.

I'm more inclined to think "Jeremy was cocky with him" because Jeremy was cocky. Another word for it would be arrogance. It's entirely irrelevant what Colin thought. Do we know if he was cocky, too?

Offline lookout

« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2018, 10:08:PM »
That is an act of violence. There is nothing corrective about a slap.

There is if there's danger and a child ignores you. Some will slap out of fear but it doesn't say that a parent is violent or uses violence as a tight hug follows. If a smack left a mark then that's violence but I see no harm in a smack on the bottom through clothes if a child is wilful/disobedient.

If you have no children then it's pointless explaining but I'll bet you've cursed at some time when a child has screamed and carried on constantly during a flight !!

Offline lookout

« Reply #152 on: July 10, 2018, 10:09:PM »
Now who's generalising ?? I happened to have just mentioned Nevill being thumped  ::)

Offline lookout

« Reply #153 on: July 10, 2018, 10:11:PM »
I'm more inclined to think "Jeremy was cocky with him" because Jeremy was cocky. Another word for it would be arrogance. It's entirely irrelevant what Colin thought. Do we know if he was cocky, too?

So Jeremy was cocky/arrogant call it what you like but it doesn't say he was a murderer because of it.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #154 on: July 10, 2018, 10:17:PM »

There is if there's danger and a child ignores you. Some will slap out of fear but it doesn't say that a parent is violent or uses violence as a tight hug follows. If a smack left a mark then that's violence but I see no harm in a smack on the bottom through clothes if a child is wilful/disobedient.

If you have no children then it's pointless explaining but I'll bet you've cursed at some time when a child has screamed and carried on constantly during a flight !!

It doesn't matter what you call it or how you justify it - a smack is a smack.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Caroline

« Reply #155 on: July 10, 2018, 10:18:PM »

So Jeremy was cocky/arrogant call it what you like but it doesn't say he was a murderer because of it.

Of course not, nor does it mean he isn't.

Offline Jane

« Reply #156 on: July 11, 2018, 09:51:AM »

Nobody but nobody no matter what should raise their hand/fist to an elderly person !! Never mind what the elderly man was doing. It rather sounds as though you too are an advocate for bashing the elderly ??

Now, you see, in 'my' world -different, it appears, from your own?- we are constantly reminded that bad behaviour is bad behaviour whether one is 8 or 80, ie neither is acceptable. Translated, surely it has to mean that whatever is deemed the appropriate way of dealing with one, must also be the appropriate way of dealing with the other? Ergo, whilst, on occasions, fractious/screaming children DO wind me up, there's usually a reason for it which can't be expressed any other way, whereas adults have other means of venting their feelings. It wasn't necessary for PE? -despite his anger- to thump Nevill, who, incidentally wasn't "an elderly man", any more than it was necessary for Jeremy -despite his apparent frustrations/feelings of entrapment?- to slaughter his entire family. But such is the way of the world, eh?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #157 on: July 11, 2018, 10:07:AM »

Now, you see, in 'my' world -different, it appears, from your own?- we are constantly reminded that bad behaviour is bad behaviour whether one is 8 or 80, ie neither is acceptable. Translated, surely it has to mean that whatever is deemed the appropriate way of dealing with one, must also be the appropriate way of dealing with the other? Ergo, whilst, on occasions, fractious/screaming children DO wind me up, there's usually a reason for it which can't be expressed any other way, whereas adults have other means of venting their feelings. It wasn't necessary for PE? -despite his anger- to thump Nevill, who, incidentally wasn't "an elderly man", any more than it was necessary for Jeremy -despite his apparent frustrations/feelings of entrapment?- to slaughter his entire family. But such is the way of the world, eh?

It's simply a distraction Jane but it was Peter Eaton's brother (John) who punched Nevil having had a skin full. It doesn't say WHEN the alltercation took place, it may have been years before the murders but these things happen in some families.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 10:10:AM by Caroline »

Offline lookout

« Reply #158 on: July 11, 2018, 10:43:AM »
What sort of a date is that---15/10/85 ?

Offline Jane

« Reply #159 on: July 11, 2018, 02:51:PM »
It's simply a distraction Jane but it was Peter Eaton's brother (John) who punched Nevil having had a skin full. It doesn't say WHEN the alltercation took place, it may have been years before the murders but these things happen in some families.

Heeheehee! Thanks, Caroline. I've noticed how, where, when and WHY these segways get thrown in!!! Incidentally, have just returned from lunch at The Chequers, Goldhanger and THIS time, I remembered to time it. From the junction with the Tollesbury Road to the Chequers -from where can be seen Bourtree Cottage- given that it was 12.30pm so there was quite a lot of traffic. It took exactly 5 minutes going and because we were behind a lorry, 5.5 minutes coming back. No more than 30 seconds need to be added on for the distance from the junction to WHF.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #160 on: July 11, 2018, 03:20:PM »
What sort of a date is that---15/10/85 ?

It would be officially known as the 15th of October 1985? Is there a problem with that? It is when the information was received and recorded by EP.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #161 on: July 11, 2018, 03:23:PM »

Heeheehee! Thanks, Caroline. I've noticed how, where, when and WHY these segways get thrown in!!! Incidentally, have just returned from lunch at The Chequers, Goldhanger and THIS time, I remembered to time it. From the junction with the Tollesbury Road to the Chequers -from where can be seen Bourtree Cottage- given that it was 12.30pm so there was quite a lot of traffic. It took exactly 5 minutes going and because we were behind a lorry, 5.5 minutes coming back. No more than 30 seconds need to be added on for the distance from the junction to WHF.

No worries, it's all over the forum that it was PE that punched Nevil - but it wasn't. Interesting about the journey though. We have just gone a similar distance and it's one that would take that long to walk.  ;)

Offline Jane

« Reply #162 on: July 11, 2018, 03:57:PM »
No worries, it's all over the forum that it was PE that punched Nevil - but it wasn't. Interesting about the journey though. We have just gone a similar distance and it's one that would take that long to walk.  ;)

Aww! SUCH a shame it wasn't PE. Still, at least that's one bit of money/land grabbing Ann and he can't be accused of ;D

Offline lookout

« Reply #163 on: July 11, 2018, 04:40:PM »
It would be officially known as the 15th of October 1985? Is there a problem with that? It is when the information was received and recorded by EP.

Yes,because had the incident happened years before why would it even have been mentioned or even relevant to the murders ( it could have been, thinking about it ) ? And who'd broached the subject ? Unless of course it had been the last/latest entry concerning the Bamber's which could well have taken place not long before the murders.

Offline lookout

« Reply #164 on: July 11, 2018, 04:43:PM »

I knew it wasn't PE.