Author Topic: Nevills burns revisited.  (Read 28629 times)

Offline lookout

Re: Nevills burns revisited.
« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2018, 02:34:PM »
That would be as "forthright and straight forward" as when he alternately chewed a thread of his sweater and said "No comment", would it, and later on, in court, when he told counsel "That is for you to prove"?

Recalling those times when I'VE said "Aeee should have been en ector, Dahling" they have certainly NOT been at those times of family tragedies. I can't think of a more horrendously tragic occasion than being the only one left after one member of my family had allegedly slaughtered the others.

Such rebuffs don't come into it. Like anyone normal and innocent ( he'd have seriously thought it was a joke being accused when he knew in his own mind that they were wrong ) It wasn't a way of lying-----far from it, he'd let them prattle on giving chapter and verse, I'd have probably sat filing my nails, as you do when you think that someone is going to end up with egg on their face. It's little wonder that EP wanted revenge,which it was !! Nothing else.

Had I been left with one family member out of 5 dead, I would have at least got him to one side and thoroughly questioned him myself before accusing him outright without any proof like they did. They were disgusting and showed their contempt towards him from day one !

Offline lookout

« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2018, 02:36:PM »
You thought he left it on the kitchen table!! I don't believe he left it out at all - at least not where he said he did. I think you read David's post and lept on  a bandwagon that that had no horses attached!  ;D ;D ;D

I hadn't/haven't read David's post. Where ? Which one ? I'm watching the news.

Offline Jane

« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2018, 03:08:PM »

Such rebuffs don't come into it. Like anyone normal and innocent ( he'd have seriously thought it was a joke being accused when he knew in his own mind that they were wrong ) It wasn't a way of lying-----far from it, he'd let them prattle on giving chapter and verse, I'd have probably sat filing my nails, as you do when you think that someone is going to end up with egg on their face. It's little wonder that EP wanted revenge,which it was !! Nothing else.

Had I been left with one family member out of 5 dead, I would have at least got him to one side and thoroughly questioned him myself before accusing him outright without any proof like they did. They were disgusting and showed their contempt towards him from day one !

In what way ?

OK.  I think you present him as being the way you seem to think fits with a given situation, as opposed to looking at the bigger picture. I'm fairly confident that a blanket term of -forgive the vulgarity- "cocksure" would have described him particularly well, and I don't believe I could find anyone who knew him who'd disagree with me.
 You've turned him from wuss to super wuss -so naive, so trusting, had no idea that the world was a big, bad place. Yet, you've spoken, with some pride, about his arrogant behaviour, but it doesn't equate with Little Lord Fauntleroy. You speak of how he loved the farm but seem unable to see that he'd probably have sold his soul to get out of going back there. Trouble was there were no more funds from the Bank of Mum and Dad and as hard work was never very high on his agenda, his options were limited. Again, I can only say that those who knew him wouldn't recognize the personalities you attribute to him -that you are SO certain, despite never having met him, describe who you believe he is. It feels rather like a mother who, whilst she's fully aware that her child's numerous bad traits could be problematic, makes excuses for his behaviours, and forgives him because she loves him.
I will just add that whilst my assessment of his character doesn't make him guilty, your own doesn't make him innocent.

Offline Jane

« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2018, 03:25:PM »

As I frankly can't believe that ANYONE innocent and charged with murder would see it as a joke, here is another example of what I was talking about. You're making excuses for his behaviours. You've even insinuated yourself into a "Lookout and Jeremy, locked together, fighting against the world" situation.  I, most certainly wouldn't have been filing my nails!! How RUDE!.................and they DIDN'T show "contempt for him from day one" and they didn't accuse him outright -I wouldn't mind betting that he suspected they were on to him but thought he was one step ahead- and you, had you towed the line, would probably have done exactly what they did.................had you shown any sign of going against the rules, you probably wouldn't have been given the chance.

Offline lookout

« Reply #109 on: July 10, 2018, 04:13:PM »
As I frankly can't believe that ANYONE innocent and charged with murder would see it as a joke, here is another example of what I was talking about. You're making excuses for his behaviours. You've even insinuated yourself into a "Lookout and Jeremy, locked together, fighting against the world" situation.  I, most certainly wouldn't have been filing my nails!! How RUDE!.................and they DIDN'T show "contempt for him from day one" and they didn't accuse him outright -I wouldn't mind betting that he suspected they were on to him but thought he was one step ahead- and you, had you towed the line, would probably have done exactly what they did.................had you shown any sign of going against the rules, you probably wouldn't have been given the chance.

Playing with words again ? I didn't say that I saw murder as a joke. Why do you insist on purposely misinterpreting what I say ? Is it that you're too thick to realise what I mean or is this your way of pinning such blame onto an innocently said set of words ?

I'm by no means making any " excuses " for him at all. This is my way of supporting an INNOCENT man. I'd be the SAME for anyone else who was innocent as being supportive happens to be the way that I am when I KNOW that someone has been wronged.
What on earth do you mean by a " Lookout and Jeremy ?" Truly nonsensical language manufactured by your own weak argument. What you have to say on the matter doesn't bolster anyone but yourself and your own ego I'm afraid.

Those relatives pinned it on Jeremy from day one because " Taff " had been peed off with their presence in his office on more than one occasion, thinking they could win him round to their way but it didn't work and they were clearly hopping mad.

If the relatives knew Jeremy as they'd  professed to why didn't they all approach him in an adult manner like most family members would have done----------ooops, he WASN'T family,was he ??

Because they DIDN'T know him !! Or anything about him only by gossip from the curtain-twitchers 

Offline lookout

« Reply #110 on: July 10, 2018, 04:23:PM »
If you want to see lies---------watch the Bews interview !!

Offline David1819

« Reply #111 on: July 10, 2018, 05:15:PM »

Playing with words again ? I didn't say that I saw murder as a joke. Why do you insist on purposely misinterpreting what I say ? Is it that you're too thick to realise what I mean or is this your way of pinning such blame onto an innocently said set of words ?

I'm by no means making any " excuses " for him at all. This is my way of supporting an INNOCENT man. I'd be the SAME for anyone else who was innocent as being supportive happens to be the way that I am when I KNOW that someone has been wronged.
What on earth do you mean by a " Lookout and Jeremy ?" Truly nonsensical language manufactured by your own weak argument. What you have to say on the matter doesn't bolster anyone but yourself and your own ego I'm afraid.

Those relatives pinned it on Jeremy from day one because " Taff " had been peed off with their presence in his office on more than one occasion, thinking they could win him round to their way but it didn't work and they were clearly hopping mad.

If the relatives knew Jeremy as they'd  professed to why didn't they all approach him in an adult manner like most family members would have done----------ooops, he WASN'T family,was he ??

Because they DIDN'T know him !! Or anything about him only by gossip from the curtain-twitchers

Playing with words AKA a Word Salad

Offline lookout

« Reply #112 on: July 10, 2018, 05:33:PM »
Lettuce pray.  Beetroot to yourself. 

Offline Jane

« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2018, 06:23:PM »

You said "He'd have seriously thought it was a joke". I said "I can't believe that anyone innocent and charged with murder would see it as a joke". How is that playing with words? Are you too thick to make your meaning clear?

The "Lookout and Jeremy" is about you supporting his thread biting by adding your nail filing.
I suspect "those relatives" had access to a Jeremy rather different from the one you think you know. If they, having known him for 25 years, didn't know him, it's hardly likely that you do.

Offline lookout

« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2018, 06:52:PM »

You said "He'd have seriously thought it was a joke". I said "I can't believe that anyone innocent and charged with murder would see it as a joke". How is that playing with words? Are you too thick to make your meaning clear?

The "Lookout and Jeremy" is about you supporting his thread biting by adding your nail filing.
I suspect "those relatives" had access to a Jeremy rather different from the one you think you know. If they, having known him for 25 years, didn't know him, it's hardly likely that you do.

Yes, a joke that EP had the audacity to accuse him and without proof.  NOT a joke about a murder  ::)
 As spoken in the vernacular.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 07:08:PM by lookout »

Offline Jane

« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2018, 07:12:PM »

Yes, a joke that EP had the audacity to accuse him and without proof.  NOT a joke about a murder  ::)

Well, I guess that's what YOU think, but unless you're a mind reader, how can you possibly know what was in someone else's mind 30+ years ago?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2018, 07:16:PM »

I hadn't/haven't read David's post. Where ? Which one ? I'm watching the news.

Of course you didn't Lookout  ;D ;D
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline lookout

« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2018, 07:16:PM »
Well, I guess that's what YOU think, but unless you're a mind reader, how can you possibly know what was in someone else's mind 30+ years ago?

It's a gift.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2018, 07:24:PM »

They knew him a sight better than you Lookout and perhaps they didn't approach him because they thought him capable of murdering 5 people in cold blood! What should they have said? "I say old bean, did you just knock off the family? Bad show old chap!" I guess a jolly good clip behind the ear would have sufficed!  ::)
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Jane

« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2018, 07:26:PM »