Author Topic: Nevills burns revisited.  (Read 28648 times)

Offline Caroline

Re: Nevills burns revisited.
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2018, 12:06:PM »
Or too little ? Plus none of those which counteract the side-effects ?

She didn't have too little in her system, she STILL had a moderate dose, even though due for her next injection. What side effects do you imagine the other drugs countered? Given that the haloperidol had been reduced, the side effects that she complaied of (not the ones people peddle here) we likely also reduced and so she saw no need to take the other drugs.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline lookout

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2018, 12:09:PM »
Is it Lookout? When was the last time you used one? Bamber left the rifle and the magazine in different places. She would have had to know that the rilfe needed a magazine, then how to fix it to the rifle and that you needed to chamber a shot before use. The recent purchase is pretty obvious, if it was new, Sheila couldn't have followed Nevil around the farm while he used it (although quite why she would do so in the first place is beyond me!).

I was shown some years ago how to load a Winchester rifle and when you've watched someone handling these rifles you never forget------the same as Sheila wouldn't forget. She was still able to paint her nails and also write.Dumb,she wasn't.

Offline lookout

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2018, 12:13:PM »
She didn't have too little in her system, she STILL had a moderate dose, even though due for her next injection. What side effects do you imagine the other drugs countered? Given that the haloperidol had been reduced, the side effects that she complaied of (not the ones people peddle here) we likely also reduced and so she saw no need to take the other drugs.

It would have depended on Sheila's tolerance of the drug to start with. Why do you think she'd asked for it to be reduced ?? What side effects was she having that made her want to reduce it ? Why wasn't she taking her other meds with the Haldol ?

Offline Jane

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2018, 12:45:PM »

One never forgets how to ride a bicycle after 10 years so why should it be any different being around guns and the firing of them ? Sheila was brought up on the farm and was well aware of how things worked,including a gun. The girl wasn't stupid by any means. More than likely and because she'd been close to her father she may have accompanied him while shooting at the farm we don't know.

Living on a farm is not tantamount to being knowledgeable about guns. You keep asserting Sheila WAS x, y, and z but you have absolutely NO proof that any of what you say is correct, so it often ends up reading as if you're making it up to fit with what you think.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2018, 12:46:PM »
I was shown some years ago how to load a Winchester rifle and when you've watched someone handling these rifles you never forget------the same as Sheila wouldn't forget. She was still able to paint her nails and also write.Dumb,she wasn't.

Sheila was never shown how to load the semi-auto! Did Sheila paint her own nails? You don't know, do you? I'm not the one who is using the word 'stupid' that's an assumption you're making - if she can't load the rifle, she must be somehow 'stupid'.

So how do you load a Winchester rifle? And what model was  the rifle?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 12:49:PM by Caroline »

Offline Caroline

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2018, 12:48:PM »
It would have depended on Sheila's tolerance of the drug to start with. Why do you think she'd asked for it to be reduced ?? What side effects was she having that made her want to reduce it ? Why wasn't she taking her other meds with the Haldol ?

Well, she was clearly intollerant to the initial dosage which is why she was over sedated and complained of feeling flat. The rest of your post are questions I asked you - in order to make the claims you repeatedly make, you should at least know what side effects she was suffering?

Offline Jane

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2018, 12:53:PM »

An easy enough gun to use and handle I suspect. As I've said Sheila wasn't stupid and wouldn't have needed lessons on how to use it semi or not. What's the " recent purchase " got to do with anything ?

I'M not stupid but it would take more than one session with a tutor before I'm computer literate. As I said, there's a HUGE leap between firing a ready loaded gun randomly into the air ONCE, and aiming and firing it accurately enough to kill people -including children- plus having to reload in between the killings. I fail to see how you've managed to jump to the conclusion that she wouldn't have needed lessons in firing a semi auto.

Offline Jane

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2018, 01:32:PM »

One never forgets how to ride a bicycle after 10 years so why should it be any different being around guns and the firing of them ? Sheila was brought up on the farm and was well aware of how things worked,including a gun. The girl wasn't stupid by any means. More than likely and because she'd been close to her father she may have accompanied him while shooting at the farm we don't know.

Again, there's a vast chasm between a kiddywinky trailing around with daddy -I trailed around behind mine because I enjoyed his company, but because, like Sheila wasn't interested in guns, I was never interested in DIY and car maintenance, I can't change a wheel and I can't build extensions- a teenager firing a random shot in the air with a ready loaded gun, and a woman, nearly 10 years later suddenly being competent enough to use a gun to kill, not as a one off, but 5 times.

Offline lookout

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2018, 06:19:PM »
Living on a farm is not tantamount to being knowledgeable about guns. You keep asserting Sheila WAS x, y, and z but you have absolutely NO proof that any of what you say is correct, so it often ends up reading as if you're making it up to fit with what you think.

Nor do you have proof that she had no knowledge which is the same as " making it up" isn't it ?

Offline lookout

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2018, 06:25:PM »
Sheila was never shown how to load the semi-auto! Did Sheila paint her own nails? You don't know, do you? I'm not the one who is using the word 'stupid' that's an assumption you're making - if she can't load the rifle, she must be somehow 'stupid'.

As I said,I was shown how to load the rifle and have no idea what the model was as there were two the other one being a bolt action which I didn't bother with. Both were easy to handle and use for hitting tin cans.

Offline David1819

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2018, 06:29:PM »

Loading a gun of that type is fairly intuitive. Like most products they are designed to be easy. I was never shown how to use a microwave yet I can use one.

I was never shown how to use a door handle so I guess I am stuck in this room  ::)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 06:30:PM by David1819 »

Offline Jane

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2018, 06:33:PM »

Nor do you have proof that she had no knowledge which is the same as " making it up" isn't it ?

Surely the fact that, save one sketchy report of her once firing a gun in the air in Scotland, is proof enough that she had no knowledge. Unless you're going to suggest that there's a conspiracy of silence re her 'championship' proficiency in order to frame Jeremy?

Offline lookout

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2018, 06:42:PM »

Surely the fact that, save one sketchy report of her once firing a gun in the air in Scotland, is proof enough that she had no knowledge. Unless you're going to suggest that there's a conspiracy of silence re her 'championship' proficiency in order to frame Jeremy?

We all know that Sheila hadn't " framed Jeremy " and we also know that until the guarded information is out in the open that what we say on this forum is all speculation and our own personal opinions.

Offline David1819

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2018, 07:07:PM »
When I was six years old I got one of these for Christmas (exact model) plus with some tapes to play.

No one showed me how to use it yet i did. I assume most kids would work it out also. This has 8 buttons  While the anslutz rifle has just three (Trigger, Chamber and Safety switch)

Sony Walkman =  Load batteries > load cassette tape > Insert headphones > work out 8 buttons

Anslutz rifle =  Load bullets  > Insert magazine > work out 3 buttons

Walkman is not only harder to get going its a far more sophisticated piece of kit in comparison.

To say a 29 year old woman could not have done such a thing without being shown you are essentially saying Sheila was so mentally challenged she would need help going to the toilet.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2018, 07:08:PM »
Loading a gun of that type is fairly intuitive. Like most products they are designed to be easy. I was never shown how to use a microwave yet I can use one.

I was never shown how to use a door handle so I guess I am stuck in this room  ::)

I don't agree unless you are someone familiar with guns and she wasn't. I have 5 sewing machines and every one is threaded in a different way. They have to be threaded correctly or they simply don't sew. You wouldn't manage it if you weren't familiar.

Door knobs and microwaves are something you have grown up with. Sheila didn't grow up with or have any experience of semi-automatics and in the throws of psychosis the ability to engage with a new skill would be impaired.