Author Topic: Nevills burns revisited.  (Read 29185 times)

Offline Adam

Re: Nevills burns revisited.
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2018, 07:50:PM »
It is inconcievable that Sheila would have a super human,  murderous, uncontrollable rage. Then suddenly stop to calmly heat a rifle nozzle and burn Nevill's back.

Why would Sheila then put the silencer on to shoot herself ?

Sheila was not strong enough to lift a 16 stone dead weight onto the coal scuttle.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline David1819

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2018, 09:47:PM »
It is inconcievable that Sheila would have a super human,  murderous, uncontrollable rage. Then suddenly stop to calmly heat a rifle nozzle and burn Nevill's back.

I find it more conceivable that who ever done this was crazy rather than rational.

But anyway if you want to argue that Jeremy inflicted the wounds after he put away the silencer that's all well and good on its own. However you cannot also argue that the absence of the blood in the rifle barrel supports the use of a silencer because in your version of events any blood would become charred in the barrel.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2018, 09:49:PM »
I find it more conceivable that who ever done this was crazy rather than rational.

But anyway if you want to argue that Jeremy inflicted the wounds after he put away the silencer that's all well and good on its own. However you cannot also argue that the absence of the blood in the rifle barrel supports the use of a silencer because in your version of events any blood would become charred in the barrel.
I'm not sure what you mean.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2018, 09:59:AM »

Again, just your opinion. Mine is that the scene is organised and the victims were executed - with a few added extras to confirm Jeremy's claims and support his alibi.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Caroline

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2018, 10:06:AM »
Exactly. Sheila in her quiet thoughts both on her way to the farmhouse then on the evening of the tragedy must have planned it in her mind and the discussion at the supper table sealed the deal for her in mulling over how she'd been treated in many ways. After Jeremy had left and with supper dishes cleared away Sheila had apparently gone to bed but could have been busy writing her notes until she'd been sure that the boys were asleep and both parents settled.
During this time her inner thoughts would have turned to rage because to my mind you can't kill anyone if you're cool calm and collected so Sheila carried on her mission in a blind panic thinking that this was the best " way out " for all of them. It only takes a moment of madness for anyone with such thoughts to carry out their intentions .  Had Sheila known that what she'd done was real ? I don't know ! She'd obviously given it thought especially at WHF where weapons were to hand.

So she didn't know what she was doing, but planned prior to her trip to WHF? She knew the gun would be left out did she? All of the above is yet again  contradictory.  ::)

Offline lookout

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2018, 10:11:AM »
Taking everything into account what would have been the time spent inside WHF that night in carrying out the murders taking into consideration the lengths of time during struggles individually between June and Nevill towards the shooter, as per the " grab marks " on both adults ? The placing of towels/cushions covering blood, " arrangements " of bodies,etc.
Stopping to reload ?
What time would this have begun ? 

Offline lookout

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2018, 10:14:AM »
So she didn't know what she was doing, but planned prior to her trip to WHF? She knew the gun would be left out did she? All of the above is yet again  contradictory.  ::)

It was a farm, of course she knew there were guns  ::) You just love that word don't you ? It's certainly not ME who's contradictory !!

Offline Jane

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2018, 10:28:AM »

It was a farm, of course she knew there were guns  ::) You just love that word don't you ? It's certainly not ME who's contradictory !!

But it taking a huge leap for her to progress from the possibility of firing a gun, already loaded, into the air, some 10 years earlier, on a Scottish holiday, and firing/reloading with enough accuracy to kill people. Aha! MAYBE, as you seem to think she'd planned it, she had taken secret lessons? But that doesn't quite equate with her being psychotic, does it?

Offline lookout

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2018, 11:00:AM »
But it taking a huge leap for her to progress from the possibility of firing a gun, already loaded, into the air, some 10 years earlier, on a Scottish holiday, and firing/reloading with enough accuracy to kill people. Aha! MAYBE, as you seem to think she'd planned it, she had taken secret lessons? But that doesn't quite equate with her being psychotic, does it?

One never forgets how to ride a bicycle after 10 years so why should it be any different being around guns and the firing of them ? Sheila was brought up on the farm and was well aware of how things worked,including a gun. The girl wasn't stupid by any means. More than likely and because she'd been close to her father she may have accompanied him while shooting at the farm we don't know.

Offline lookout

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2018, 11:06:AM »
Being " psychotic " doesn't deem a person useless by any means. They're more than capable of leading a normal life. To be psychotic is to have a sudden outburst which most people can keep under control but there are the odd few who can't and this can mean being violent too.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2018, 11:39:AM »
One never forgets how to ride a bicycle after 10 years so why should it be any different being around guns and the firing of them ? Sheila was brought up on the farm and was well aware of how things worked,including a gun. The girl wasn't stupid by any means. More than likely and because she'd been close to her father she may have accompanied him while shooting at the farm we don't know.

Sheila fired a shotgun into the air - ONCE. She's never used the semi-auto rifle. Why and when would she accompany Nevil? The semi-auto was a fairly recent purchase anyway.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2018, 11:40:AM »
Being " psychotic " doesn't deem a person useless by any means. They're more than capable of leading a normal life. To be psychotic is to have a sudden outburst which most people can keep under control but there are the odd few who can't and this can mean being violent too.

Generally becuse they don't take their medication!

Offline lookout

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2018, 11:49:AM »
Sheila fired a shotgun into the air - ONCE. She's never used the semi-auto rifle. Why and when would she accompany Nevil? The semi-auto was a fairly recent purchase anyway.

An easy enough gun to use and handle I suspect. As I've said Sheila wasn't stupid and wouldn't have needed lessons on how to use it semi or not. What's the " recent purchase " got to do with anything ?

Offline lookout

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2018, 11:52:AM »
Generally becuse they don't take their medication!

Or too little ? Plus none of those which counteract the side-effects ?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2018, 12:02:PM »

An easy enough gun to use and handle I suspect. As I've said Sheila wasn't stupid and wouldn't have needed lessons on how to use it semi or not. What's the " recent purchase " got to do with anything ?

Is it Lookout? When was the last time you used one? Bamber left the rifle and the magazine in different places. She would have had to know that the rilfe needed a magazine, then how to fix it to the rifle and that you needed to chamber a shot before use. The recent purchase is pretty obvious, if it was new, Sheila couldn't have followed Nevil around the farm while he used it (although quite why she would do so in the first place is beyond me!).