Author Topic: Nevills burns revisited.  (Read 28634 times)

Offline David1819

Nevills burns revisited.
« on: July 08, 2018, 03:37:PM »
When you consider the fact that Nevills burns are circular with an area in the centre less burned. Just like the Boyce experiments. There is little room for doubt for what caused them.

PS: Images 4 and 5 I have increased the contrast to make it easier to see.

Offline lookout

Re: Nevills burns revisited.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 03:41:PM »
When I mentioned that a few years back I received a chorus of " it doesn't get hot enough to burn " so I turned to that of cigar burns.  :-\

Offline Jane

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 03:55:PM »
When I mentioned that a few years back I received a chorus of " it doesn't get hot enough to burn " so I turned to that of cigar burns.  :-\

Maybe it doesn't. It's only one person's opinion. How did that person know how hot the Aga would have been at the moment those marks were allegedly made? It was high summer. It surely wouldn't have been necessary to have had such extreme heat as during winter months, and should there have been another cooker, the Aga would only have been needed for hot water.

Offline lookout

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 04:00:PM »
Maybe it doesn't. It's only one person's opinion. How did that person know how hot the Aga would have been at the moment those marks were allegedly made? It was high summer. It surely wouldn't have been necessary to have had such extreme heat as during winter months, and should there have been another cooker, the Aga would only have been needed for hot water.

Whatever  ::)

Offline Jane

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 04:13:PM »

Whatever  ::)

Indeed so. There are several possibilities.

Offline lookout

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 04:31:PM »
Indeed so. There are several possibilities.

If YOU say so.

Offline Jane

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 04:38:PM »

If YOU say so.

But I'm not insisting there's any one in particular -I once suggested the possibility of 'minor procedures' having been carried out- I have an open mind. It makes such a difference when none of us -including some 'experts' it seems- knows exact facts.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 04:44:PM »
When you consider the fact that Nevills burns are circular with an area in the centre less burned. Just like the Boyce experiments. There is little room for doubt for what caused them.

This doesn't prove very much since if Jeremy did return the bloodied silencer to the gun cupboard he would have prodded Nevill to check if he were dead with the gun barrel only.

Offline lookout

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 04:52:PM »
Steve I wouldn't have thought that anyone who'd received a hail of bullets and a bashing would need prodding in which to make sure that they were dead.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 05:04:PM »
Steve I wouldn't have thought that anyone who'd received a hail of bullets and a bashing would need prodding in which to make sure that they were dead.
No that's true, but neither would a Sheila in psychosis be bothered about the consequences of her actions. The marks are still unexplained anyway after 33 years.

Offline lookout

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 05:07:PM »
No that's true, but neither would a Sheila in psychosis be bothered about the consequences of her actions. The marks are still unexplained anyway after 33 years.

Sheila wouldn't have been aware of her actions during this time. She had a job with good and evil so her thoughts on reality would also have been confusing.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2018, 05:42:PM »

Sheila wouldn't have been aware of her actions during this time. She had a job with good and evil so her thoughts on reality would also have been confusing.
Yes but there's also the suicide note to explain where "my babies and me go to our rest" and talk of Police arriving, suggesting she is indeed compos mentis. If she's not aware of her actions yet reloads the rifle as Mike is now suggesting there's yet more to explain away.

Offline Jane

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2018, 06:07:PM »
Yes but there's also the suicide note to explain where "my babies and me go to our rest" and talk of Police arriving, suggesting she is indeed compos mentis. If she's not aware of her actions yet reloads the rifle as Mike is now suggesting there's yet more to explain away.

Mmm. Rather like wading through treacle, isn't it?

Offline lookout

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2018, 06:15:PM »

Exactly. Sheila in her quiet thoughts both on her way to the farmhouse then on the evening of the tragedy must have planned it in her mind and the discussion at the supper table sealed the deal for her in mulling over how she'd been treated in many ways. After Jeremy had left and with supper dishes cleared away Sheila had apparently gone to bed but could have been busy writing her notes until she'd been sure that the boys were asleep and both parents settled.
During this time her inner thoughts would have turned to rage because to my mind you can't kill anyone if you're cool calm and collected so Sheila carried on her mission in a blind panic thinking that this was the best " way out " for all of them. It only takes a moment of madness for anyone with such thoughts to carry out their intentions .  Had Sheila known that what she'd done was real ? I don't know ! She'd obviously given it thought especially at WHF where weapons were to hand.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2018, 06:25:PM »

In your OPINION!
Few people have the imagination for reality