Author Topic: Haloperidol Levels in Sheila's blood  (Read 1687 times)

Offline David1819

Haloperidol Levels in Sheila's blood
« on: July 08, 2018, 02:56:PM »
Sheila's drug dosage has been debated in the past in terms of quantity administered. However a far more useful analysis can be made via blood levels since Vanezis recorded the quantity of haloperidol in Sheilas blood.

Sheila had 15 ng/mL of haloperidol in her blood at the time of her death.

According to a 1992 study "Haloperidol Blood Levels and Clinical Effects" They consider Haloperidol blood levels as follows -

low (2 to 13 ng/mL), medium (13.1 to 24 ng/mL), or high (24.1 to 35 ng/mL).

According to a 1980s study, heavy sedation is associated with levels in excess of 50ng/mL

Offline lookout

Re: Haloperidol Levels in Sheila's blood
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 03:31:PM »
So if the plasma levels were noted as " medium strength " concerning ingestion of Haldol and levels at 50 ng's associated as being heavy sedation given the symptoms which occur from this then a lack of sedation would reverse the process of what the medication had been meant for. In other words a rapid reduction would cause the problem and its symptoms to return with a greater severity than before first administered.

Offline Jane

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 03:49:PM »
So if the plasma levels were noted as " medium strength " concerning ingestion of Haldol and levels at 50 ng's associated as being heavy sedation given the symptoms which occur from this then a lack of sedation would reverse the process of what the medication had been meant for. In other words a rapid reduction would cause the problem and its symptoms to return with a greater severity than before first administered.

D'ya know, you're doing what can be done to all studies. You're making it say what fits with your own theory. It always amuses me at how it often doing such becomes a war of attrition between parties. It's wonderful to be able to prove whatever is required. Problem is, there's always someone who can make the opposite work.

Offline lookout

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 03:54:PM »
D'ya know, you're doing what can be done to all studies. You're making it say what fits with your own theory. It always amuses me at how it often doing such becomes a war of attrition between parties. It's wonderful to be able to prove whatever is required. Problem is, there's always someone who can make the opposite work.

Any need for your remarks ? What are you hoping to gain besides glory from your mate on red ?  ::) ::)

Offline Jane

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 03:58:PM »

Any need for your remarks ? What are you hoping to gain besides glory from your mate on red ?  ::) ::)

To whom are you referring, Lookout? You really should consider what you say BEFORE you throw out unfounded and untrue accusations.

Offline lookout

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 04:06:PM »
To whom are you referring, Lookout? You really should consider what you say BEFORE you throw out unfounded and untrue accusations.

Don't give me that.

Offline Jane

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 04:12:PM »

Don't give me that.

I certainly won't give you the satisfaction of repeating those things you've said of others. It would make me as bad as you. HOWEVER, I'm prepared to tell you those few I've addressed on red -although your name has NEVER cropped up in any of our exchanges- because I have absolutely nothing to hide.

Offline lookout

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 04:31:PM »
I'm NOT interested------got it ??

Offline Jane

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2018, 04:34:PM »

I'm NOT interested------got it ??

As you're unable to put a name to whomsoever it was you were referring, I'm perfectly certain you're not.

Offline lookout

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 04:56:PM »

As you're unable to put a name to whomsoever it was you were referring, I'm perfectly certain you're not.

The one who is articulate with her words poems and the like ( not in a nice way ) similar to yourself.

Offline Jane

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 05:20:PM »

The one who is articulate with her words poems and the like ( not in a nice way ) similar to yourself.

Aha! Now I know who you mean, but Lookout, you have it VERY wrong somewhere because she and I have NEVER -to the best of my recollection- had any form of exchange at any time, nor, just to clarify, have we exchanged pm's. However, I do recall that she said something very kind about me after you'd said something to me which she probably regarded as being unpleasant -we can't prevent people from noticing things and we ALL comment on those things we find unacceptable. Again, to reiterate, to the best of my memory, I've never so much as mentioned your name on red.....................but at least if one's being talked about, one's being noticed. Isn't that the reason for for being controversial?

Offline lookout

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2018, 05:41:PM »
Being controversial is my prerogative the same as being catty is yours !

Offline Jane

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2018, 06:10:PM »
Being controversial is my prerogative the same as being catty is yours !

Controversy is fine. Such a shame you can't accomplish it without pouring acid spitefulness into the mix...........................as noted by others than myself.

Offline lookout

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2018, 06:24:PM »

Controversy is fine. Such a shame you can't accomplish it without pouring acid spitefulness into the mix...........................as noted by others than myself.

Pity you and others hadn't anything better to do than rip others to pieces !! It's you lot who've created all this by your constant uncalled for remarks which then make me answer them in the way that I do. Can't you see this ? No, of course not you can't see past your huge ego's !

I was perfectly alright before you appeared and your first post was to have a dig--------the same as your mate's on red. Simultaneously. 

Offline Caroline

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2018, 06:24:PM »
Sheila's drug dosage has been debated in the past in terms of quantity administered. However a far more useful analysis can be made via blood levels since Vanezis recorded the quantity of haloperidol in Sheilas blood.

Sheila had 15 ng/mL of haloperidol in her blood at the time of her death.

According to a 1992 study "Haloperidol Blood Levels and Clinical Effects" They consider Haloperidol blood levels as follows -

low (2 to 13 ng/mL), medium (13.1 to 24 ng/mL), or high (24.1 to 35 ng/mL).

According to a 1980s study, heavy sedation is associated with levels in excess of 50ng/mL

And? This mean Sheila still had a moderate dose left in her system which is what I have already stated. How does this help your argument?
Few people have the imagination for reality