Author Topic: Monster  (Read 2795 times)

Offline Caroline

Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
Re: Monster
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 10:30:PM »
I don't get it. Aileen Wourness isn't even mentioned.  :))

Offline David1819

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 11:44:PM »
Very well thought out and informative title for the topic I must say  ;D

Are you drunk?

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 12:01:AM »
http://viralglobalnews.org/baz-bamigboye-freddie-fox-fits-the-part-as-mass-killer-jeremy-bamber/
I can see he's a charismatic young man but can't quite envisage him as Bamber-just a shade lightweight in my opinion. I also think it's too early for any drama on the subject when some of the major players are still living. https://youtu.be/TXQHqXCkDfk

Offline Adam

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 06:54:AM »
The article says -

'Each of the six episodes of The Murder At White House Farm will look at the case from the viewpoint of a different character — including Bamber himself, his parents, his sister, and her former husband.'

---------

This is good news for Bamber after years where he has not been able to create any worthwhile publicity for his campaign. 

The previous documentaries & dramas have just shown him as guilty. Except 'Crimes that shook Britain' which had a small section asking questions which are easily answered. But that still got him new support.

A 6 part drama on ITV which at some points will suggest Sheila as the killer will not change the minds of current supporters/guilters. However it will get a lot of new people logging into the OS who would never have done before.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline lookout

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 08:31:AM »
When is this supposed to be screened ?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 10:50:AM »
Very well thought out and informative title for the topic I must say  ;D

Are you drunk?

You have drinking on the brain - it's about all you do have up there. It's what the article calls him.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 10:58:AM by Caroline »

Offline Caroline

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2018, 10:51:AM »
I don't get it. Aileen Wourness isn't even mentioned.  :))

There is more than one monster.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2018, 10:51:AM »
When is this supposed to be screened ?

It hasn't been made yet.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2018, 10:56:AM »
I can see he's a charismatic young man but can't quite envisage him as Bamber-just a shade lightweight in my opinion. I also think it's too early for any drama on the subject when some of the major players are still living. https://youtu.be/TXQHqXCkDfk
I hope we get proper facts rather than the same old opinions and hearsay. Would be good if it's a proper in depth series which covers all aspects from a neutral position.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2018, 10:58:AM »
The article says -

'Each of the six episodes of The Murder At White House Farm will look at the case from the viewpoint of a different character — including Bamber himself, his parents, his sister, and her former husband.'

---------

This is good news for Bamber after years where he has not been able to create any worthwhile publicity for his campaign. 

The previous documentaries & dramas have just shown him as guilty. Except 'Crimes that shook Britain' which had a small section asking questions which are easily answered. But that still got him new support.

A 6 part drama on ITV which at some points will suggest Sheila as the killer will not change the minds of current supporters/guilters. However it will get a lot of new people logging into the OS who would never have done before.

It doesn't say anything about making an episode where Sheila is the killer and I don't think that is the intention.

Offline Jane

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2018, 11:09:AM »
I hope we get proper facts rather than the same old opinions and hearsay. Would be good if it's a proper in depth series which covers all aspects from a neutral position.

As it appears it's going to be 'spoken' by 'Jeremy' and each of the victims, I think we may expect a little licence.

Offline Adam

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2018, 11:14:AM »
It doesn't say anything about making an episode where Sheila is the killer and I don't think that is the intention.

----------

The viewpoint of Sheila will suggest she had the mindset to kill.

They are not going to make a 6 part drama without giving the public something to debate - a 'who done it'. It creates more viewers.

The least they have to do is show how & why the police believed Sheila was the killer.This together with Julie, the relatives & the silencer will get people who know nothing about the case logging onto the OS etc. As you did after watching the much shorter & more mild CTSB.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 11:16:AM by Adam »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2018, 12:01:PM »

----------

The viewpoint of Sheila will suggest she had the mindset to kill.

They are not going to make a 6 part drama without giving the public something to debate - a 'who done it'. It creates more viewers.

The least they have to do is show how & why the police believed Sheila was the killer.This together with Julie, the relatives & the silencer will get people who know nothing about the case logging onto the OS etc. As you did after watching the much shorter & more mild CTSB.

Viewpoint as in 'through his eyes'. We can revisit this once the documentary has aired and we'll see who is right. Why would they be interested in 'debate'? They are simply telling a story of what happened, why would they care about the OS? They are bothered about ratings not forums and websites.

Offline lookout

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2018, 12:26:PM »
Will this production be before or after JB's solicitors etc have finished their work on the case/submission ?