Author Topic: The Bible - secrets of the tragedy...  (Read 25965 times)

Offline Jane

Re: The Bible - secrets of the tragedy...
« Reply #690 on: June 20, 2018, 09:53:PM »
What's wrong with " doc " for short,that EVERYONE knows. ::) Bit different when it comes to the spelling of PSYCHIATRIST isn't it ?

You don't have to take my word for it, you know? You can write to The Royal College. I'm sure they'll explain it. You can argue with them that you think SYC is a better abbreviation.

Offline lookout

« Reply #691 on: June 20, 2018, 09:58:PM »
And I didn't think I'D see the day arrive when you became daft enough or desperate enough to make such a ludicrous connection. But there ya go, eh?

Now't daft about me I can assure you. Nor am I desperate.What have I got to be desperate about ??

Offline Jane

« Reply #692 on: June 20, 2018, 10:02:PM »

Now't daft about me I can assure you. Nor am I desperate.What have I got to be desperate about ??

Well, you come out with some OUTLANDISH suggestions tonight. It's quite obvious that they've been  wild stabs in the dark. If you're not daft, I guess you must be desperate to prove your point.

Offline lookout

« Reply #693 on: June 20, 2018, 10:07:PM »

You don't have to take my word for it, you know? You can write to The Royal College. I'm sure they'll explain it. You can argue with them that you think SYC is a better abbreviation.

What about abbreviations in the minds of disturbed persons ? Were you inside Sheila's mind ?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #694 on: June 20, 2018, 10:11:PM »

What about abbreviations in the minds of disturbed persons ? Were you inside Sheila's mind ?

No, neither were you but it's not stopping you deciding what the note means  ;D ;D
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline lookout

« Reply #695 on: June 20, 2018, 10:14:PM »
No, neither were you but it's not stopping you deciding what the note means  ;D ;D

Well I know what I'd rather write instead of the full word--------psychiatrist or syc ?

Offline Jane

« Reply #696 on: June 21, 2018, 07:26:AM »

Well I know what I'd rather write instead of the full word--------psychiatrist or syc ?

So you're saying, are you, that from the benefit of your close involvement with psychiatry, both staff and patients, you've discovered the most commonly used abbreviation for "psychiatrist" is syc?

Offline lookout

« Reply #697 on: June 21, 2018, 09:43:AM »
So you're saying, are you, that from the benefit of your close involvement with psychiatry, both staff and patients, you've discovered the most commonly used abbreviation for "psychiatrist" is syc?

The saying of the word syc was commonly heard,but writing it was always done in a professional capacity as psychatrist. Sheila hadn't happened to do that had she ? So in order for her to discontinue writing it in full she shortened it to syc which makes sense as the " p " is silent anyway isn't it ?