Author Topic: The Bible - secrets of the tragedy...  (Read 25963 times)

Offline Jane

Re: The Bible - secrets of the tragedy...
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2018, 05:28:PM »

For what she was about to do.

Must have been months in the planning then. No mental illness. No psychosis. A cold blooded killer, wouldn't you say?

Offline lookout

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2018, 05:29:PM »
For the first time I found myself looking into the contents of Sheila's letter and reading what is possibly an underlying message. She makes it clear that she hadn't wanted to be there. WHY is she telling Ann and Peter that she's not in hospital because of gynae problems. She seems to feel it's important that they know this and goes into huge detail to refute it. Might it be that June had told them that this was the reason she was there? She seems to be admitting that there HAD been a problem, ie she'd OD'd on God. She speaks very openly about her confused thinking, but she also speaks of it being in the past.  The PS about her having "found God in a simple way" almost sounds as if she'd telling them that she's not involved with something which is anything out of the ordinary.

I'm afraid Sheila's letter doesn't make sense to me----- though it might to you !
Even your own interpretation of it is questionable.

Offline Jane

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2018, 05:32:PM »

I'm afraid Sheila's letter doesn't make sense to me----- though it might to you !

'Course it is. It'd choke to admit I might have a point. Just remember, It wasn't I who wrote it and it wasn't I who chose what tense to write it in.

Offline lookout

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2018, 05:37:PM »
Must have been months in the planning then. No mental illness. No psychosis. A cold blooded killer, wouldn't you say?

It may surprise you that it's not only " inheritance killers " who plan in advance. Killers are cold-blooded whether sane or not.

Offline lookout

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2018, 05:39:PM »

'Course it is. It'd choke to admit I might have a point. Just remember, It wasn't I who wrote it and it wasn't I who chose what tense to write it in.

Takes one to know one as they say.

Offline Jane

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2018, 05:45:PM »

It doesn't!!!? Well maybe you could employ some the the 'superior' psychological knowledge you claim to be possessed of.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 05:46:PM by Jane J »

Offline lookout

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2018, 05:49:PM »
It doesn't!!!? Well maybe you could employ some the the 'superior' psychological knowledge you claim to be possessed of.

C'mon,it doesn't take a Philadelphia Lawyer to work it out,or a numbskull for that matter.

Offline Jane

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2018, 05:52:PM »

It may surprise you that it's not only " inheritance killers " who plan in advance. Killers are cold-blooded whether sane or not.

But according to you, a cold blooded Sheila, in order to be so clear sighted wasn't insane. What, then, was her motive?

Offline Jane

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2018, 05:53:PM »

C'mon,it doesn't take a Philadelphia Lawyer to work it out,or a numbskull for that matter.

But you didn't, did you?

Offline lookout

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2018, 05:58:PM »
But according to you, a cold blooded Sheila, in order to be so clear sighted wasn't insane. What, then, was her motive?

You're asking me what her motive was ? Haven't you read anything about WHF at all ?

Offline Jane

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2018, 06:25:PM »

You're asking me what her motive was ? Haven't you read anything about WHF at all ?

I wonder what you're going to put forward. She wasn't mercenary. She adored her boys. She adored her father. Her relationship with June was iffy but I imagine Nevill would have been somewhat put out if she'd killed her. Clear minded and sane, I can see no reason for her to kill. Clear minded and sane, I can see no reason for her to plan to kill. Deeply depressed, as she appeared to be during her last fortnight, she'd have lacked the mental energy required to kill.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 06:25:PM by Jane J »

Offline David1819

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2018, 06:54:PM »

I say she wasn't. It was only a copy-cat image of what her mother was.

People are religious in their own ways. Sheila's faith was nothing like June's in my opinion. June was a god fearing fundamentalist living day by day as the bible teaches. Whereas Sheila got into it for emotional reasons as her life was going downhill.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 06:54:PM by David1819 »

Offline lookout

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2018, 07:00:PM »
People are religious in their own ways. Sheila's faith was nothing like June's in my opinion. June was a god fearing fundamentalist living day by day as the bible teaches. Whereas Sheila got into it for emotional reasons as her life was going downhill.

June's diagnosis was religious psychosis,Sheila's wasn't.
Sheila's " religion "was by way of an appeasement for the benefit of her mother.

Offline Jane

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2018, 07:08:PM »

June's diagnosis was religious psychosis,Sheila's wasn't.
Sheila's " religion "was by way of an appeasement for the benefit of her mother.

Despite what's been put forward about her -for fairly obvious reasons, I'm inclined to think- I'm beginning to wonder if Sheila actually had 'religion'. Saying she'd "found God in a simple way" is almost like her saying she believed as opposed to disbelieved. It MAY have been an appeasement to June. I think she was spiritual -she may also have been introspective- but that's a world away from being religious.

Offline lookout

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2018, 07:14:PM »
Despite what's been put forward about her -for fairly obvious reasons, I'm inclined to think- I'm beginning to wonder if Sheila actually had 'religion'. Saying she'd "found God in a simple way" is almost like her saying she believed as opposed to disbelieved. It MAY have been an appeasement to June. I think she was spiritual -she may also have been introspective- but that's a world away from being religious.

Sheila and Colin often visited the clairvoyant friend of theirs--------mentioned in his book.