Author Topic: BBC 1 Tonight---" Last chance for Justice ". Panorama @ 7.30pm.  (Read 13339 times)

Offline Adam

Re: BBC 1 Tonight---" Last chance for Justice ". Panorama @ 7.30pm.
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2018, 11:16:AM »
Tells of the blatant injustice of CCRC in not representing new evidence re. the cases of Susan May,Eddie Gilfoyle and Jeremy Bamber.
The programme is presented by BBC's Mark Daly.

No mention of Bamber in the programme.

The programme was really about the CCRC situation now. Bamber's CCRC applications were 6 & 16 years ago.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline lookout

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2018, 11:23:AM »
Biased opinions aside I do think that JB should be given another chance complete with of course all paperwork along with new aspects of the case that previously never came to light and take it from there instead of writing him off altogether.

Offline lookout

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2018, 11:34:AM »
After nearly eight years on I do think that Eddie Gilfoyle should be given the absolute freedom from something he took no part in whatsoever.
If ever there was a botched investigation it was his.

I remember the last time I saw his wife and could tell you what she wore all those years ago. I also knew a boyfriend that she had who went on to murder someone and who Paula visited while he was in prison.

Offline lookout

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2018, 12:06:PM »
Lack of funds and too many cases - recipe for disaster. The CCRC was established for good reason but it's lost it's way.

Wouldn't DNA analysis assist in those who say they're innocent ? That would reduce the many cases of those who say they're innocent.

Offline lookout

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2018, 12:11:PM »
The main cause of any MOJ is the misrepresentation of forensic evidence. Barry George's case was overturned because of unreliable forensic evidence of firearms discharge residue.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2018, 01:19:PM »
What the programme did highlight was the same " theme " of lost/destroyed/withheld paperwork and also poor forensic work.
As with any crime the first on the scene are the police and it's down to their skill and experience to work out the scenario as it happened followed by a forensic science team to verify the findings both teams working together.

Had the makers and those involved in the documentary, thought Bamber was innocent, he's have been used because he's the longest serving. The fact that he was snubbed shows he is one of those without unfinished business and is seen as a chancer and a clog in the turning of the wheel of justice for other cases. There is no new evidence Lookout, the CT are peddling the same nonsense which the CCRC will just dismiss.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline lookout

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2018, 01:41:PM »
Had the makers and those involved in the documentary, thought Bamber was innocent, he's have been used because he's the longest serving. The fact that he was snubbed shows he is one of those without unfinished business and is seen as a chancer and a clog in the turning of the wheel of justice for other cases. There is no new evidence Lookout, the CT are peddling the same nonsense which the CCRC will just dismiss.

I thought perhaps because there was no mention of JB was down to the fact that the lawyers etc were presently in situ and knowing that no  "treading on toes " is allowed thought that would be the case.

We don't yet know for certain whether or not there's new evidence as they're not likely to let anything leak until they have the full quota of whatever it is that's being allegedly submitted as a means for appeal meaning that there must be something in the offing or nobody would bother.
Understandably anything leaked to the media would spell disaster right now when " sabotage " is being used on Twitter for some unknown reason.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2018, 01:48:PM »

I thought perhaps because there was no mention of JB was down to the fact that the lawyers etc were presently in situ and knowing that no  "treading on toes " is allowed thought that would be the case.

We don't yet know for certain whether or not there's new evidence as they're not likely to let anything leak until they have the full quota of whatever it is that's being allegedly submitted as a means for appeal meaning that there must be something in the offing or nobody would bother.
Understandably anything leaked to the media would spell disaster right now when " sabotage " is being used on Twitter for some unknown reason.

Both contributers had cases going and new avenues to approach. The fact that Bamber wasn't refered to shows there is nothing of merit. If there had been the makers would have persued it - journalists aren't in the business of 'not stepping on toes'.

Offline lookout

« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2018, 01:57:PM »
Both contributers had cases going and new avenues to approach. The fact that Bamber wasn't refered to shows there is nothing of merit. If there had been the makers would have persued it - journalists aren't in the business of 'not stepping on toes'.

I know there's no sentiments where journo's are concerned and I also know what happens if they only get half a story which is why the JB case wasn't aired.
Both cases which were televised had gone through the motions of release,one on license 10 years ago and the other quashed so different to the on-going one of JB's who's still imprisoned.

Offline lookout

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2018, 02:01:PM »
Nigel please don't override my posts.

Offline Nigel

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2018, 02:01:PM »
Nigel please don't override my posts.

sorry, respect to you.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 02:02:PM by Nigel »
I slow down for a speeding police car, don't you?

6.01pm on Friday 6th September 1985 'Part 2' of the case began.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2018, 02:11:PM »

I know there's no sentiments where journo's are concerned and I also know what happens if they only get half a story which is why the JB case wasn't aired.
Both cases which were televised had gone through the motions of release,one on license 10 years ago and the other quashed so different to the on-going one of JB's who's still imprisoned.

They didn't aire it because they didn't think he was relevant to the point they were making. On a side note, are you happy with Nigle destroying the forum and making threats to people?

Offline lookout

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2018, 03:09:PM »
They didn't aire it because they didn't think he was relevant to the point they were making. On a side note, are you happy with Nigle destroying the forum and making threats to people?

JB's was/is entirely different to the two which were shown anyway.

I am not happy at the way the forum has been destroyed and though I didn't actually see threats I certainly don't hold with threats being made nor the abuse that goes with them.

It's difficult for me to voice these concerns when I'm constantly being reminded of how " ignorant and full of bile " I am and " should be banned " makes me feel like the pot calling the kettle black. However I'd never threat anyone and can't understand those who do.
What were the threats and to who ? Are they still online ? 

Offline lookout

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2018, 03:30:PM »
Much has been said about my support for JB but----------I'm nowhere near the fanaticism that Steph shows in her guilt stance. Why is it that I'm singled out because of my stance ?? I don't go " over the top " either. Now't so queer as folk  ::)

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2018, 03:46:PM »

JB's was/is entirely different to the two which were shown anyway.

I am not happy at the way the forum has been destroyed and though I didn't actually see threats I certainly don't hold with threats being made nor the abuse that goes with them.

It's difficult for me to voice these concerns when I'm constantly being reminded of how " ignorant and full of bile " I am and " should be banned " makes me feel like the pot calling the kettle black. However I'd never threat anyone and can't understand those who do.
What were the threats and to who ? Are they still online ?
The posts have been removed lookout  as they always are as soon as they are seen by a moderator. Unfortunately we cannot always be online to removery abusive posts immediately.