Author Topic: BBC 1 Tonight---" Last chance for Justice ". Panorama @ 7.30pm.  (Read 13462 times)

Offline Caroline

Re: BBC 1 Tonight---" Last chance for Justice ". Panorama @ 7.30pm.
« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2018, 01:02:PM »
What about Nevill's phone-call to JB ? The prosecution maintained that no such call took place ?

It didn't.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Caroline

« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2018, 01:04:PM »

Anyway,do you think that because the phone in the kitchen was found off the hook that it was consistent with JB saying he'd been cut-off when he tried to ring his father back ?
 Therefore proving that a call had indeed been made between Nevill and Jeremy.

He took the phone off the hook so that the line would be engaged. He did so in order to make it consistent with his claim that the line went dead.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2018, 01:06:PM »

The question being is do you believe Nevill called Jeremy or do you go along with the prosecution-----without accounting how the receiver was left off its cradle ?

ANYONE who believes Jeremy Bamber guilty doesn't believe the phone call ever happened.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2018, 01:09:PM »

You haven't answered directly to the questions that I put to you.
1. Was there ever a phone-call between Nevill and Jeremy ?
2. Why was the phone off the hook when police entered WHF ?
3. Is this why Jeremy couldn't get back through to his father when he said the line was engaged ?
4. Do you think this is consistent with the police finding the phone off the hook ?

This was one of the 3 key points that the jury had to consider before the summing up.

1. There was NEVER a phone call from Nevil to Jeremy

2. The phone was off the hook so that the line would be engaged making Jeremy's claim that the 'line went dead' more plausible.

3. He didn't try to get back to anyone - THE CALL NEVER HAPPENED.

4. Jeremy taking it off the hook is consistent with the police finding it off the hook and everyone being dead all along.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #139 on: June 03, 2018, 01:10:PM »

Lookout!!!! How many more ways can I say this? As I've previously said "I don't believe Jeremy received a call from Nevill- anymore than I believe Nevill called the police- but I do believe Jeremy removed the receiver from it's cradle before he left WHF". It certainly would be the explanation for why police found it that way.

Exactly!

Offline lookout

« Reply #140 on: June 03, 2018, 01:25:PM »

Lookout!!!! How many more ways can I say this? As I've previously said "I don't believe Jeremy received a call from Nevill- anymore than I believe Nevill called the police- but I do believe Jeremy removed the receiver from it's cradle before he left WHF". It certainly would be the explanation for why police found it that way.

The log containing the call from Nevill/someone was never shown to the jury though entered as evidence and didn't come to light until 2004. Meaning that there must have been a call from Nevill at 03.26,the time logged.

Don't you ask yourself questions like who rang for an ambulance when it was known that nobody was alive ?
When it was known there were guns on the premises why weren't the firearms team deployed soon after the police ? This I can't understand when so much time had been wasted hanging around wating when there might have been every chance that someone was still alive inside.
Sadly after all these years there are still more questions than answers.

Offline Jane

« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2018, 01:39:PM »

The log containing the call from Nevill/someone was never shown to the jury though entered as evidence and didn't come to light until 2004. Meaning that there must have been a call from Nevill at 03.26,the time logged.

Don't you ask yourself questions like who rang for an ambulance when it was known that nobody was alive ?
When it was known there were guns on the premises why weren't the firearms team deployed soon after the police ? This I can't understand when so much time had been wasted hanging around wating when there might have been every chance that someone was still alive inside.

I don't believe Nevill made ANY calls. Dead men tend not to be able. Mind you, hypothetically, I'd love to know if he'd have sat there diddling his way through a local phone directory or whether, unlike his son, he'd have had the sense to call 999.

As to your next question, quite frankly, it's impossible to come to any conclusions about who may have phoned whom, and when. The reason for this is that I believe lines have been blurred -probably even crossed- regarding the truth of the timings. I believe these have been altered to fit in with whatever unbelievable story the teller wishes to have swallowed. Even Jeremy himself has jumped on that particular bandwagon.

Offline lookout

« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2018, 01:47:PM »
There's more to this case than denying everything that JB was supposed to have said or done. Excepting the killing stakes that is.

It wouldn't have taken over 12 months to imprison him for a start if there'd been 100% certainty at the time. During these months while he was on bail why didn't they confiscate his passport ? They do with other criminals or they're extradited immediately.
What were the police doing in those 12 months ?

Offline Jane

« Reply #143 on: June 03, 2018, 01:56:PM »
There's more to this case than denying everything that JB was supposed to have said or done. Excepting the killing stakes that is.

It wouldn't have taken over 12 months to imprison him for a start if there'd been 100% certainty at the time. During these months while he was on bail why didn't they confiscate his passport ? They do with other criminals or they're extradited immediately.

I agree entirely, Lookout. No one is suggesting that the Bamber case was conducted expertly. THAT, however, doesn't mean that he's innocent.

I can only think that you're asking me these questions because you're not getting satisfactory answers from those better placed to answer them, than I.

Offline lookout

« Reply #144 on: June 03, 2018, 02:01:PM »
I agree entirely, Lookout. No one is suggesting that the Bamber case was conducted expertly. THAT, however, doesn't mean that he's innocent.

I can only think that you're asking me these questions because you're not getting satisfactory answers from those better placed to answer them, than I.

It doesn't say he's guilty either.
I'm asking the questions purely as a means to try and fathom out how easy a conclusion you came to regarding his guilt---------taking everything into consideration.

Offline lookout

« Reply #145 on: June 03, 2018, 02:05:PM »
I just hope I get all the answers eventually from the " hidden " sources-------------all written by the officers themselves.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #146 on: June 03, 2018, 02:05:PM »

THAT log was indeed shown to the jury Lookout.

I don't find it odd that an ambulance was called at all.

The firearms team were called soon after

It is police procedure to wait in a siege situation because storming on in, can cause fatalities or injury to both sides.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #147 on: June 03, 2018, 02:07:PM »

Actually Lookout, I don't think there is.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2018, 02:08:PM »
Read Bonnet's trial statement Lookout, you will see that his log was indeed given over for the jury to actually view.

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,8131.msg384604.html#msg384604

Offline lookout

« Reply #149 on: June 03, 2018, 02:21:PM »
THAT log was indeed shown to the jury Lookout.

I don't find it odd that an ambulance was called at all.

The firearms team were called soon after

It is police procedure to wait in a siege situation because storming on in, can cause fatalities or injury to both sides.

So it was a siege situation then ? How did they know ?
Was it a guess or was there some visual indication ?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 02:24:PM by lookout »