Author Topic: Truth, The Whole Truth......Or That Which Others Want Us To Believe Is Truth  (Read 4939 times)

Offline lookout

The key word is "seemed". The problem with anger is that it's often held in because people can sometimes feel ashamed of it. Again, it's relative. What makes some people explode will go over another's head.

Don't forget that TV was tame so no violence to set anyone off,also there weren't PC games either that have been blamed for violence in children. There was no ADHD ! Any " performances " resulted in a smacked behind.

Offline Jane

Don't forget that TV was tame so no violence to set anyone off,also there weren't PC games either that have been blamed for violence in children. There was no ADHD ! Any " performances " resulted in a smacked behind.

Oh! But what about "Tom Brown's School Days" and "Billy Bunter"? How cruel were they? FULL of bullies.

Offline lookout

Oh! But what about "Tom Brown's School Days" and "Billy Bunter"? How cruel were they? FULL of bullies.

They were about " peers " of which went on in most if not all public schools over the years--------and still does. Whether it was then recognised as bullying I don't know but the bullying today is by far different and comes in different forms which includes girls as well as boys.

Offline Jane

They were about " peers " of which went on in most if not all public schools over the years--------and still does. Whether it was then recognised as bullying I don't know but the bullying today is by far different and comes in different forms which includes girls as well as boys.

Whilst the action may not have had a description, the effects of such an action would undoubtedly have been felt.

Offline Caroline

Not a lot of crime then as the population was about 20 million less than it is now.

Well, there shouldn't be any if a good clip CURED delinquency? I don't believe borstal was too successful - maybe they didn't hit the inmates hard enough? Bloody PC brigade!  ;D ;D
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline lookout

Well, there shouldn't be any if a good clip CURED delinquency? I don't believe borstal was too successful - maybe they didn't hit the inmates hard enough? Bloody PC brigade!  ;D ;D

The Army was the cure when there was still conscription.

Offline Jane

The Army was the cure when there was still conscription.

I recall hearing that they went in as boys and came out as men. I'm inclined to think it may have changed them for life.

Offline lookout

I recall hearing that they went in as boys and came out as men. I'm inclined to think it may have changed them for life.

It taught them discipline if nothing else. Though it might also have done good in most such as finding employment or furthering their career in the Army itself. It was a good thing really.

Offline lookout

I certainly don't know how we've got this " Dante's Inferno " of a world we have today.