Author Topic: What An Amazing Day  (Read 806 times)

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
What An Amazing Day
« on: May 05, 2018, 10:04:PM »
What a lovely day in the countryside today  :)
‘If you truly love nature you will see beauty everywhere’

Vincent Van Gogh’

Only just got in and looking forward to another long sunny day tomorrow
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
Re: What An Amazing Day
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 01:57:AM »
    The beautiful Vincent by Don Mclean 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxHnRfhDmrk

Links works now  :)

« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 12:32:PM by gringo »

Offline lookout

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 12:55:PM »
I can't help thinking about " Vincent " being mentioned in one of Sheila's rambling letters. Also the words to the song have an appropriate meaning to how Sheila must have been feeling at the time of writing.
Coincidental ?

Offline lookout

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 01:25:PM »
Sheila had obviously expressed her suppressed thoughts through music and art. Though we didn't get to see any of her " art work " we know that she had altered words in a song sung by Marianne Faithfull ? who herself at the time was suffering from mental health issues along with drug-related problems.

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 02:21:PM »
I agree Lookout, he suffered badly with mental health issues and I believe his mother was was very strict
Here is part of a letter he wrote which shows his love of the countryside

r:2 the Haanebeeks.6
If I come to Holland, I’ll also come to The Hague for a day or two if possible, because The Hague is like a second home to me. (I’ll come and stay with you.)
I’d have liked to go on that walk to De Vink.7 I walk here as much as I can, but I’m very busy. It’s absolutely beautiful here (even though it’s in the city). There are lilacs and hawthorns and laburnums &c. blossoming in all the gardens, and the chestnut trees are magnificent.
If one truly loves nature one finds beauty everywhere. Yet I sometimes yearn so much for Holland, and especially Helvoirt.
I’m doing a lot of gardening and have sown sweet peas, poppies and reseda, now we just have to

1v:3 wait and see what comes of it.
I enjoy the walk from home to the office and in the evening from the office back home. It takes about three-quarters of an hour.
It’s wonderful to be finished so early here; we close at 6 o’clock and yet we work none the less because of it.
Give my regards to everyone I know at the Tersteegs’, Haanebeeks’ and Carbentuses’, and especially the Rooses’, also everyone at Uncle Pompe’s, because they’re going to Kampen,8 and Mr Bakhuyzen9 &c.
I wish you the best.

Vincent
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000