Author Topic: Amber Rudd Resigns  (Read 549 times)

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
Amber Rudd Resigns
« on: April 29, 2018, 10:08:PM »
Breaking news.  It's a start but that shouldn't be the end of it.

Online Roch

Re: Amber Rudd Resigns
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 10:18:PM »

She only retained her seat in the first place after a recount.  Good riddance.

Offline Jon2

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 10:21:PM »
John Woodcock will be devastated .

Online gringo

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 10:41:PM »
   I can't believe it took this long and May herself is now surely in the firing line, Maggie.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 10:48:PM »
   I can't believe it took this long and May herself is now surely in the firing line, Maggie.
Yes, No surprise she finally went don't think there was any alternative.  I agree Theresa will be vulnerable now as her hands are far from clean on this.

Online Steve_uk

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 11:17:PM »

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 11:22:PM »
John Woodcock will be devastated .

hes got other things to worry about at the moment.

Offline lookout

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 09:03:AM »
Rudd is going to be in for a rude awakening.
 A couple in my area who'd been married for over 18 years have become forcefully separated. The husband is American and his wife British. He had gained British status in order to live here----------until his mother in the States took ill and the couple left the UK to go and look after her until she sadly passed away. Because of the length of time they'd spent in the States on their arrival back here the husband re-applied for his status and was refused. This couple aren't young nor wealthy and he is having to seek employment there to help fund/fight his cause.
It's a dreadful and heartbreaking situation created by this incompetent and incapable woman who seems to have done her damdest sending the WRONG ones back to their country of birth.

Clayton Murwin and his wife are in their 50's and this situation will make them both very ill as a separation such as this has long-term effects especially at the age they are. It's horrendous. I really feel for them.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 09:53:AM »
Rudd is going to be in for a rude awakening.
 A couple in my area who'd been married for over 18 years have become forcefully separated. The husband is American and his wife British. He had gained British status in order to live here----------until his mother in the States took ill and the couple left the UK to go and look after her until she sadly passed away. Because of the length of time they'd spent in the States on their arrival back here the husband re-applied for his status and was refused. This couple aren't young nor wealthy and he is having to seek employment there to help fund/fight his cause.
It's a dreadful and heartbreaking situation created by this incompetent and incapable woman who seems to have done her damdest sending the WRONG ones back to their country of birth.

Clayton Murwin and his wife are in their 50's and this situation will make them both very ill as a separation such as this has long-term effects especially at the age they are. It's horrendous. I really feel for them.
The wholend thing is disgusting.  Saying 'sorry' is not enough these are human tragedies.

Offline lookout

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2018, 10:20:AM »
The wholend thing is disgusting.  Saying 'sorry' is not enough these are human tragedies.

It is disgusting Maggie. This poor couple are on the " gofundme " site to try and raise the abominable costs it's going to take to appeal against his refusal and to try and reinstate him. It's beyond disgusting. I could cry for them for the unimaginable nightmare they're in. The stress it's causing them both is very damaging.
You're right,sorry isn't enough. It's their health that will suffer both physically and mentally------it's cruelty at its worst.

Offline lookout

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2018, 11:43:AM »
Now we know that Sajid Javid is now taking over from Amber Rudd perhaps will mean that things will get moving from the stagnant state in which they were left. We'll see !

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2018, 12:25:PM »
Now we know that Sajid Javid is now taking over from Amber Rudd perhaps will mean that things will get moving from the stagnant state in which they were left. We'll see !
Well his appointment seems a bit cynical to me, Theresa must be very rattled because they apparently don't get on at all. I accept he seems more humane than most of this government but he will be up against it.  I don't think white privileged people in government have any idea of the suffering they have caused by their lack of empathy.  I  am furious at the way the Windy generation have been treated, hate the pathetic apologies that mean nothing,  it's so disgusting to treat people this way as though they were second class citizens.  I believe Theresa May should go over this.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 12:28:PM by maggie »

Offline JackieD

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2018, 01:35:PM »
The trouble is what’s the alternative with Jeremy Corbin Labour Party are ignoring complaints of antisemitism

I can’t see a suitable leader to run this country

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2018, 01:56:PM »
The trouble is what’s the alternative with Jeremy Corbin Labour Party are ignoring complaints of antisemitism

probely becouse most of those compliants a completly false.

most of the complianers arnt jewish and most of the people being complianed about are.

Offline lookout

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2018, 02:30:PM »

That's a worrying prospect Jackie as although I'm not a practising Jew,my family on my father's side were/are of Jewish descent and my father helped his friends during WWII. I can trace the family back to Jerusalem---------of which I'm proud of my roots.
The way Corbyn acts towards the Jews is despicable too as those people helped in building up this country as you see it today.