Author Topic: Is the BBC totally compromised?  (Read 21453 times)

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
Is the BBC totally compromised?
« on: April 12, 2018, 02:06:PM »
This headline is just pure propaganda.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43741140

Sometimes i wonder whether the Saville thing opened up a can of worms.. and the people running the BBC are personally compromised.  The standard of reporting, balance and neutrality are woeful.

Edit 17.45 - they've changed the headline!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 05:45:PM by Roch »

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
Re: Is the BBC totally compromised?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 04:06:PM »
the bbc seemed to change when camron bacame prime minster.

before that they prepaired to qustion offiacal naratives.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 05:35:PM »
I agree mainly, though I do like the radio channels and also the fact that I don't have to sit through adverts.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 05:45:PM »
Ha well they've now changed the headline!

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 11:59:PM »
This headline is just pure propaganda.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43741140

Sometimes i wonder whether the Saville thing opened up a can of worms.. and the people running the BBC are personally compromised.  The standard of reporting, balance and neutrality are woeful.

Edit 17.45 - they've changed the headline!
   The BBC is embarrassing itself just lately, Roch. There is not even a veneer of a pretence towards impartiality. The wholesale swallowing of the "UK government?" official line without question is naked propaganda.
     Some presenters seem to have really lost their marbles just lately. Newsnight, supposedly the BBC's flagship current affairs programme, has been appalling in it's bias and antagonism. Evan Davies and Emily Maitlis deserve special mention here. There recent interviews have been overtly hostile to any opinion which challenges the official narrative in any way.
      No credibility anymore and needs disbanding, something I could not have contemplated until recent years.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 12:15:AM »
   The BBC is embarrassing itself just lately, Roch. There is not even a veneer of a pretence towards impartiality. The wholesale swallowing of the "UK government?" official line without question is naked propaganda.
     Some presenters seem to have really lost their marbles just lately. Newsnight, supposedly the BBC's flagship current affairs programme, has been appalling in it's bias and antagonism. Evan Davies and Emily Maitlis deserve special mention here. There recent interviews have been overtly hostile to any opinion which challenges the official narrative in any way.
      No credibility anymore and needs disbanding, something I could not have contemplated until recent years.

I watched Newsnight tonight and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. 

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 01:12:AM »
I watched Newsnight tonight and I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
   I hadn't watched it for quite a while but, against my better judgement, decided to watch on Wednesday as the accusations of bias have escalated. I have watched the last three nights and it is beyond parody.
    Every story about anything seemingly has to have a spurious anti Corbyn smear thrown in for good measure.
    There can be little doubt now that these "journalists" are nothing but well paid stooges with no interest in asking pertinent questions. It is impossible to be that stupid so it is clear that they are complicit in pushing "war propaganda" for the UK "regime" and lying is simply part of their "job".

Luminous Wanderer

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 06:06:AM »
You never know, with any luck, the Russians might invade. 

Russian women do tend to be pretty, you know.

Offline lookout

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 10:10:AM »
   I hadn't watched it for quite a while but, against my better judgement, decided to watch on Wednesday as the accusations of bias have escalated. I have watched the last three nights and it is beyond parody.
    Every story about anything seemingly has to have a spurious anti Corbyn smear thrown in for good measure.
    There can be little doubt now that these "journalists" are nothing but well paid stooges with no interest in asking pertinent questions. It is impossible to be that stupid so it is clear that they are complicit in pushing "war propaganda" for the UK "regime" and lying is simply part of their "job".

Journalists are dangerous people to the uninitiated.

Offline lookout

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 10:28:AM »
You never know, with any luck, the Russians might invade. 

Russian women do tend to be pretty, you know.

The sad fact is that the situation could well escalate,it's what Putin and Assad wish for. They haven't listened to reason that chemical attacks anywhere are not acceptable so our Government was left with no other alternative than to seek out these chemicals-----------without interfering in the way Assad runs his country,which some can't seem to grasp ( because they don't want to,such as Corbyn and his mob !)

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2018, 11:25:AM »

Journalists are dangerous people to the uninitiated.
I agree gringo. I have noticed considerable bias against Corbyn recently. Some may enjoy it because it suits their own agenda but it's the thin end of the wedge imo.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 11:26:AM by maggie »

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2018, 11:29:AM »
People who quote peace not war.... jaw jaw jaw, not war, war, war are always ridiculed and always proved right in the end.  That is the way of the world.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 12:52:PM by maggie »

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 11:07:AM »
I don't know whether some deal has been struck behind the scenes because of Leveson or whether there has been a cumulative affect with Savill, Cameron era, Leveson etc.  Something has changed though. There is no dissenting voice across the media and it seems not just 'on message' but bullish and brazened with it.  It's a disturbing development with a view to what lays ahead for us all. 

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 01:41:PM »
I don't know whether some deal has been struck behind the scenes because of Leveson or whether there has been a cumulative affect with Savill, Cameron era, Leveson etc.  Something has changed though. There is no dissenting voice across the media and it seems not just 'on message' but bullish and brazened with it.  It's a disturbing development with a view to what lays ahead for us all.
I don't know Roch, I tend to think it is more an anti Corbyn reaction.  The establishment see him as rocking the boat. Think the last election result shook them and they are protecting their own interests,  as always.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 02:09:PM by maggie »

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2018, 04:06:PM »
I don't know Roch, I tend to think it is more an anti Corbyn reaction.  The establishment see him as rocking the boat. Think the last election result shook them and they are protecting their own interests,  as always.

I was thinking of everything Maggie. Not just Corbyn but Russia, Syria and everything.