Author Topic: Is Julie Mugford relevant?  (Read 32955 times)

Offline Adam

Re: Is Julie Mugford relevant?
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2018, 11:29:AM »
Pure speculation on your part, and incorrect.

Well it's my view. Unless you post sourced evidence the verbal agreement was before the trial. You won't.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Nigel

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2018, 11:31:AM »
That does not mean the agreement was made during the trial, it could have been made before the trial.  As I have told you, it was a written agreement, negotiated on JM's behalf by her solicitor.  Even JM admits that!

BEFORE or DURING it does not matter.

Why?

Because MUGFORD was there Holiday Inn, Sloane Square, LONDON PAID FOR BY NEWS OF THE WORLD ,  when 'guilty' verdict was passed.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 11:33:AM by Nigel »
I slow down for a speeding police car, don't you?

6.01pm on Friday 6th September 1985 'Part 2' of the case began.

Offline Adam

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2018, 11:32:AM »
NGB if proof is found that Julie & the NOTW signed the contracts before the verdict, would that be sufficient to release Bamber on a technicality ?

However I don't believe the NOTW lawyers would make such a big mistake.

Offline Adam

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2018, 11:33:AM »

Why?

Because MUGFORD was there Holiday Inn, Sloane Square, LONDON ,  when 'guilty' verdict was passed.

I agree it is not really important when a verbal agreement was made.

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2018, 11:33:AM »

Why?

Because MUGFORD was there,  when 'guilty' verdict was passed.

The key thing is whether the agreement was concluded, or even being negotiated, before JM gave evidence in the trial. 

Offline Nigel

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2018, 11:35:AM »
NGB if proof is found that Julie & the NOTW signed the contracts before the verdict, would that be sufficient to release Bamber on a technicality ?

Not interested in 'signed contracts' thank you very much.

'Verbal agreement' is enough.

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2018, 11:35:AM »
Well it's my view. Unless you post sourced evidence the verbal agreement was before the trial. You won't.

You are correct, I will not post it.  I am however confident that the information is correct as it comes from a very reliable and independent source, backed by documentary evidence.

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2018, 11:37:AM »

It would be sufficient to constitute a ground of appeal and taken with other new material could be sufficient to overturn the convictions, not on a technicality but because the convictions could no longer be regarded as safe.

Offline Nigel

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2018, 11:39:AM »
You are correct, I will not post it.  I am however confident that the information is correct as it comes from a very reliable and independent source, backed by documentary evidence.

YES, because MUGFORD was at Holiday Inn, Sloane Square, LONDON when 'guilty' VERDICT WAS GIVEN.....

...rather than at home or a friends house.

Good God, I may not be 'the sharpest tool in the box' but even I can work this out.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 11:40:AM by Nigel »

Offline Adam

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2018, 11:48:AM »
It would be sufficient to constitute a ground of appeal and taken with other new material could be sufficient to overturn the convictions, not on a technicality but because the convictions could no longer be regarded as safe.

So this technicality may be what Bamber is going to present to the CCRC. If ever there is another submission.

If the signed contracts were after Julie's testimony but before the verdict, is that still illegal ?

Signing contracts before Julie's testimony could motivate her to lie under oath to attempt to get a conviction. However after her testimony, she can't influence the trial.

As mentioned, I don't believe Julie's or the NOTW's lawyers would make such a huge error with contract signing dates. Espescially as Julie won't be needed if there was a not guilty verdict.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 11:50:AM by Adam »

Offline Nigel

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2018, 11:53:AM »
So this technicality may be what Bamber is going to present to the CCRC. If ever there is another submission.

If the signed contracts were after Julie's testimony but before the verdict, is that still illegal ?

Signing contracts before Julie's testimony could motivate her to lie under oath to attempt to get a conviction. However after her testimony, she can't influence the trial.

As mentioned, I don't believe Julie's or the NOTW's lawyers would make such a huge error with contract signing dates. Espescially as Julie won't be needed if there was a not guilty verdict.

You harp on about  "written contracts'.

THIS WAS A VERBAL CONTRACT

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2018, 11:58:AM »
You harp on about  "written contracts'.

THIS WAS A VERBAL CONTRACT

It was recorded in a written agreement.

Luminous Wanderer

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2018, 12:39:PM »

Sorry, with respect (and I have no dog in this hunt), it's not a ground of appeal.  It won't overturn the conviction.  Your post above is really just a way of admitting that, if you stop and think about it.  You're flogging a dead horse.

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2018, 12:43:PM »
Sorry, with respect (and I have no dog in this hunt), it's not a ground of appeal.  It won't overturn the conviction.  Your post above is really just a way of admitting that, if you stop and think about it.  You're flogging a dead horse.

I did not say on its own it would overturn the conviction.  It would be a valid ground of appeal, taken with others.  I do know what I am talking about.  I have conducted many cases in the Court of Appeal in the past. 

Luminous Wanderer

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2018, 12:50:PM »
I did not say on its own it would overturn the conviction.  It would be a valid ground of appeal, taken with others.  I do know what I am talking about.  I have conducted many cases in the Court of Appeal in the past.

I know you said that it would be in conjunction with other points.  My other post points to that as a basis for saying that your own post is just a way of admitting that it ISN'T a ground for appeal.  And it isn't.  Her evidence proved nothing.  But I don't care about Julie Mugford, go ahead.

I think I'm done here. I've learned what I want to learn about this case.