Author Topic: "Murder, Mystery And My Family"  (Read 5775 times)

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
Re: "Murder, Mystery And My Family"
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2018, 12:14:PM »
So put him forward! He has no family left to support him - so why don't you put him forward. Bearing in mind that it has to be PROVEN that there is NEW evidence.

The remit of the program seems to be around cases from yonks ago.  The episode I glimpsed was from a case in 1900/1901!  Unless I've got the wrong program.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2018, 12:28:PM »
The remit of the program seems to be around cases from yonks ago.  The episode I glimpsed was from a case in 1900/1901!  Unless I've got the wrong program.

Not sure to be honest. It might just be people who have been executed? Although interesting, I guess a new verdict doesn't help them. I guess it would be too controversial to examine cases where those convicted are still alive. However, it might actually 'help' those people and do some good.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline lookout

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2018, 02:09:PM »
There is a BIG difference Lookout, SJ's 'gut feeling' was based on meeting Jeremy at the scene of his family's murder. His behaviour didn't sit right with him. Your 'gut feeling' could only have been based on a picture of him. Granted he doesn't look like the stereotypical murderer but then again, they usually don't.

NOTHING to do with looks in my book !

Offline lookout

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2018, 03:14:PM »
Been watching it on catch up, really interesting and really sad to think that so many people went to their deaths in this way. This is why I HATE the DP and I hope they NEVER bring it back!

Plus there are still hundreds who are locked up and innocent------a slow death to most,with little or no hope of ever seeing the outside world,so what's the difference,it's still a death sentence ? While NOBODY cares ?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2018, 03:21:PM »
NOTHING to do with looks in my book !

Then what did you base your 'gut feeling' on?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2018, 03:23:PM »
Plus there are still hundreds who are locked up and innocent------a slow death to most,with little or no hope of ever seeing the outside world,so what's the difference,it's still a death sentence ? While NOBODY cares ?

Who said nobody cares? This is meant to be a discussion about the TV programme! Not sure why it's descended into sniping but really shouldn't be surprised!

Offline lookout

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2018, 03:34:PM »

Then what did you base your 'gut feeling' on?

I've already explained this in my post this morning. Why does it appear to bother everyone that I had a gut feeling--------I certainly won't be the only one who could " see " that certain people are guilty and others not.

What's so unique about a gut feeling that I have to have my" lifes history "posted online by an immature,yes immature person totally ignorant to the fact that some people can/can't tell a murderer when they see one ? ( bollocks and balderdash to that person )

Even todays techniques aren't so advanced that there are as many MOJ's today as there were hangings years ago----800 or thereabouts.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2018, 03:39:PM »
I've already explained this in my post this morning. Why does it appear to bother everyone that I had a gut feeling--------I certainly won't be the only one who could " see " that certain people are guilty and others not.

What's so unique about a gut feeling that I have to have my" lifes history "posted online by an immature,yes immature person totally ignorant to the fact that some people can/can't tell a murderer when they see one ? ( bollocks and balderdash to that person )

Even todays techniques aren't so advanced that there are as many MOJ's today as there were hangings years ago----800 or thereabouts.

You know what Lookout - forget I asked. I can't be arsed with this.

Offline lookout

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2018, 04:12:PM »
You know what Lookout - forget I asked. I can't be arsed with this.

No,I'm sure you can't. It happens with many who are faced with logical explanations !

Offline Jane

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2018, 04:15:PM »

They're all different cases, Roch. It's about people who were hanged, perhaps wrongly. They can't go further than when the DP ended in the 1960's.

Offline Jane

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2018, 04:25:PM »

OMG!! Your intelligence about whether or not people are murderers is no more advanced than the days when they felt the bumps on skulls to gain information. It you've based your belief on your own knowledge of psychology, you've already lost.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2018, 05:06:PM »

No,I'm sure you can't. It happens with many who are faced with logical explanations !

If you ever provide one, I'll credit you with it.

Offline Jane

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2018, 05:11:PM »

That won't be any time soon.

Offline lookout

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2018, 05:41:PM »

One what ?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2018, 07:17:PM »

One what ?

A logical explanation!