Author Topic: Neville Bambers firearm certificate all in order in 1984...  (Read 6750 times)

guest2181

Re: Neville Bambers firearm certificate all in order in 1984...
« Reply #165 on: September 18, 2020, 11:13:PM »
I doubt 'Dryland' will be amused at the level of attempted humour on here.  I don't think he suffers fools.
Fair enough, we have been berated.  :-\

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #166 on: September 18, 2020, 11:18:PM »
Fair enough, we have been berated.  :-\

I'm fine with it.  I'm just not sure he is.

guest2181

« Reply #167 on: September 18, 2020, 11:22:PM »
I'm fine with it.  I'm just not sure he is.
Not sure what  you mean Roch. Who is he?

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2020, 11:25:PM »
Not sure what  you mean Roch. Who is he?

Can you not see 'Dryland' above?  I didn't want to use Christopher Ellison, but the other bloke I had in mind (a villain from 'The Sweeney') only does stage work.

guest2181

« Reply #169 on: September 18, 2020, 11:30:PM »
Can you not see 'Dryland' above?  I didn't want to use Christopher Ellison, but the other bloke I had in mind (a villain from 'The Sweeney') only does stage work.

Got it, I lock on recent posts, the images don't  appear 

guest29835

« Reply #170 on: September 19, 2020, 05:28:AM »
I doubt 'Dryland' will be amused at the level of attempted humour on here.  I don't think he suffers fools.

Dryland: Thaaaats it, you're nicked son shine!

Nevill: But Jeremy was going to put the padlock on for me today.

Dryland: That's what they all say.  And yer can't trust that Jeremy.  I've heard about 'im.  Right, let's be havin' yer down the station.

guest29835

« Reply #171 on: September 19, 2020, 05:37:AM »
The den conversion is mentioned in Carol Ann Lee's book, on page 91 (2020 edition):

"At the end of February 1984, Jeremy bought a Vauxhall Astra for almost £6,350 on the N. & J. Bamber account.  He sold his old Mini to a labourer helping builder Dennis Wager renovate White House Farm's scullery.  Everyone used the back door as the main point of entry to the house and Nevill had decided to modernize [sic] the whole area.  He got rid of the old fireplace and bread oven, installed a stairway to the first floor office where Barbara worked, and had a new office built for himself."

This seems to imply that the conversion was prior to P.C. Dryland's inspection in August 1984, but it's not made clear.  The sale of the old Mini could have been long after Jeremy bought the new car, for instance.

Unfortunately, Carol Ann Lee doesn't provide sources for the information in this paragraph (I don't like the way she uses sources anyway, but it would help).  I have a feeling that the relevant information is buried in one of the statements given by the relatives.

guest7363

« Reply #172 on: September 19, 2020, 07:03:AM »
The den conversion is mentioned in Carol Ann Lee's book, on page 91 (2020 edition):

"At the end of February 1984, Jeremy bought a Vauxhall Astra for almost £6,350 on the N. & J. Bamber account.  He sold his old Mini to a labourer helping builder Dennis Wager renovate White House Farm's scullery.  Everyone used the back door as the main point of entry to the house and Nevill had decided to modernize [sic] the whole area.  He got rid of the old fireplace and bread oven, installed a stairway to the first floor office where Barbara worked, and had a new office built for himself."

This seems to imply that the conversion was prior to P.C. Dryland's inspection in August 1984, but it's not made clear.  The sale of the old Mini could have been long after Jeremy bought the new car, for instance.

Unfortunately, Carol Ann Lee doesn't provide sources for the information in this paragraph (I don't like the way she uses sources anyway, but it would help).  I have a feeling that the relevant information is buried in one of the statements given by the relatives.
It seems he was still using the upstairs as his office in Sept 84, the Chartered Surveyor mentions he went to see him and he was in his upstairs office?  So it looks like the conversion wasn’t finished?  The Scullery was a different room so it looks like it was two rooms and the upstairs that was being worked?

Wager does make a statement but he doesn’t mention the build, it looks like he also made a previous statement which isn’t on here.

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1936.0;attach=9705

guest29835

« Reply #173 on: September 19, 2020, 08:00:AM »
It seems he was still using the upstairs as his office in Sept 84, the Chartered Surveyor mentions he went to see him and he was in his upstairs office?  So it looks like the conversion wasn’t finished?  The Scullery was a different room so it looks like it was two rooms and the upstairs that was being worked?

Wager does make a statement but he doesn’t mention the build, it looks like he also made a previous statement which isn’t on here.

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1936.0;attach=9705

Yes, but both offices were in use after the conversion, so it is still possible that the conversion was completed beforehand.

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2020, 11:40:AM »
It is.  I've got it.  I downloaded it from this Forum.

Are you sure it is the certificate itself?  If so could you repost it or post a link?  I would be interested in seeing it.

guest29835

« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2020, 01:19:PM »
Are you sure it is the certificate itself?  If so could you repost it or post a link?  I would be interested in seeing it.

I am sure.  I dowloaded from here.  I will re-post it when I find the time. 

Offline lookout

« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2020, 01:33:PM »
The name was Ryland not Dryland.
JB didn't have a certificate/licence so could only use it according to Nevill on that farm as an " estate gun " quoted in the thread of 2011 " Ralph Bamber's firearms and Shotguns Certificates ( Essex Police )

Offline lookout

« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2020, 01:38:PM »
Certificates etc. expired in 1988.

guest7363

« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2020, 01:49:PM »
JB didn't have a certificate/licence so could only use it according to Nevill on that farm as an " estate gun " quoted in the thread of 2011 " Ralph Bamber's firearms and Shotguns Certificates ( Essex Police )
😂😂😂. The D is in the wrong place then, NGB called him Ryland and I thought he had got it wrong 🙈

guest29835

« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2020, 01:52:PM »

To be clear, just in case this is in doubt, the firearms certificate I downloaded is Nevill's for the purchase of the .22 rifle from K.D. Ratcliffe's. The certificate is dated some months prior to the purchase and there is a schedule that somebody has later completed in November 1984 to record the purchase of the rifle itself and the silencer.