Author Topic: Forum Dead  (Read 6806 times)

guest7363

Re: Forum Dead
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2017, 06:24:PM »

??? ??? ??? x
The Granary, your free coffee Ha Ha x

Offline Jane

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2017, 06:42:PM »
The Granary, your free coffee Ha Ha x

Haven't been since my last visit, but I'll bear it in mind for next time ;) x

guest7363

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2017, 06:43:PM »
Dont bank on it though, tell Chris I will send him a cheque x

guest154

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2017, 06:44:PM »

Good to see you back, Jane! Hope you're refreshed.

Offline Jane

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2017, 07:07:PM »
Good to see you back, Jane! Hope you're refreshed.

Ta, Mat x I had a great time. Very quiet around here, isn't it?

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2017, 07:16:PM »
Have to agree with most of this, there are a lot of people who will not do more than 16 hours for fear of losing benefits, I had about 10 foreign employees working for me, absolutely great workers and would do the hours that the benefit earners wouldn’t/ couldn’t do.  I do feel for the next generation though, this generation have been bought up that benefits are a norm.  I do believe in helping the needy, but there is a big difference between needy and doing so not to lose benefits just because you would get the same money.  My daughter has recently gone from doing three days to full time and having the same pay roughly, she has lost the sixteen hour safety net, because it was important to her to stand on her own.
As far as I am aware you get tax credit support even if you work full time if you have children, I know you have to work 16 hours to be eligible for tax credits anyway so don't understand the 16 hour cut off unless it affects people without children.  Think we have to be careful judging people because while there are always cheats and freeloaders they are in every walk of life ie tax avoiders etc.  and many ill people can appear to be fir and healthy and fit for work when they are not.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2017, 07:20:PM »
Ta, Mat x I had a great time. Very quiet around here, isn't it?

It's all be said - more than once.
Few people have the imagination for reality

guest7363

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2017, 07:21:PM »
As far as I am aware you get tax credit support even if you work full time if you have children, I know you have to work 16 hours to be eligible for tax credits anyway so don't understand the 16 hour cut off unless it affects people without children.  Think we have to be careful judging people because while there are always cheats and freeloaders they are in every walk of life ie tax avoiders etc.  and many ill people can appear to be fir and healthy and fit for work when they are not.
This isn’t about the needy, fit or anything, a lot of people use this and won’t work more hours because they will as they say be working for nothing, that’s my argument.  I’m not judging anyone who can’t work more than 16 hours  because of children etc I’m judging them who can but won’t.

Offline Jane

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2017, 07:26:PM »
It's all be said - more than once.

Twice?................Three times??.........................MOORE!!!!!!!???? :o :o Well, fancy that!! I'll go to the foot of out stairs.

guest7363

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2017, 07:51:PM »
I've just finished watching Robert's video--------it sickened and also upset me.
I found the whole concept of what Christmas means to those who haven't a care, totally obscene.

The divide is there for all to see---------if people cared at all !

Frank Field of Birkenhead constituency has battled for years for his people of the borough,against poverty and depivation,but his speeches in Parliament fall on deaf ears constantly.

Speaking of the " great divide ",it's there for all to see between North and South of the country and it's despicable !

While all those lights burn,we in the North,particularly the elderly,are told to wear a hat around the house to avoid losing heat,or to look after the planet by eking the heating out !!

Society now is typical of those two clowns on the video who were dancing ? in the background.
Just as hard down South Lookout, try getting on the housing ladder as a youngster, or try paying the rent down South.  The wage on the holiday park I worked on down South was the same wage I would earn on a holiday park up north. 

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2017, 08:00:PM »
This isn’t about the needy, fit or anything, a lot of people use this and won’t work more hours because they will as they say be working for nothing, that’s my argument.  I’m not judging anyone who can’t work more than 16 hours  because of children etc I’m judging them who can but won’t.
Sorry justice, maybe I wasn't clear.  I was wondering how working more than 16 hours affected benefits and wondered whether you were referring to people without children as working tax credits start when you work more than 16 hours if you have children.
My comments about misjudging people was not a reply to your post, it was a general comment.

guest7363

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2017, 08:06:PM »
Sorry justice, maybe I wasn't clear.  I was wondering how working more than 16 hours affected benefits and wondered whether you were referring to people without children as working tax credits start when you work more than 16 hours if you have children.
My comments about misjudging people was not a reply to your post, it was a general comment.
Its a bit sore for me sometimes Maggie, it’s when I hear the phrase from some I will be working for nothing, when the offer of full time employment is offered. 

Offline David1819

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2017, 09:24:PM »
Shouldn't all this be in the off topic section?

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2017, 09:25:PM »
Shouldn't all this be in the off topic section?
Probably.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2017, 09:29:PM »