Author Topic: The tinfoil in the safe  (Read 9888 times)

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
Re: The tinfoil in the safe
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2017, 09:27:AM »
There was a bit of tinfoil found by Sheila's foot. Its don't think it was ever recorded or looked at, the police probably thought nothing of it.

Online Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2017, 09:31:AM »
There was a bit of tinfoil found by Sheila's foot. Its don't think it was ever recorded or looked at, the police probably thought nothing of it.

Really? I can see something near her foot, but I couldn't tell what it was.

Offline Hartley.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 09:32:AM »
Yes, it's clearly to do with drugs of some kind, but it's odd that the "evidence" was kept in the safe. Roland Pargeter was an adult, so why was it up to Nevill to control what he was doing?

Maybe it was left out in a place that the children might have found it. NB then put it in the safe out of harms way?

Offline Hartley.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 09:36:AM »
Really? I can see something near her foot, but I couldn't tell what it was.

Where?  ???

Online Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2017, 09:40:AM »

Online lookout

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 09:43:AM »
This is the most annoying thing about this case that " smaller " things were overlooked and not thought as relevant.
 I had pointed out years ago that it was possible that Sheila knew of a small quantity of drugs which were in the safe left over from the drug problem of RP. He'd been staying at WHF at the request of June to try and help him cease his habit.
Because the Bambers kept everything private,no details were released on how bad RP had been as regards his drug habit,but June had probably thought that if he stayed with them at the farmhouse,he wouldn't be tempted to want/need them------I don't know. When this sort of thing happens you tend to think that his own family had given up on him and his habit had proved an enormous worry and a problem.
RP was a " hippy " in his day and by all accounts a dropout where the family were concerned. There is such information somewhere,possibly in Lomax's book,which I'll have to read through.

Offline Hartley.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 09:44:AM »
Near her left foot.

There's only one image that shows her left foot, a grainy black & white photocopy.

I can't see anything there though.  :-\

Online Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 09:48:AM »
There's only one image that shows her left foot, a grainy black & white photocopy.

I can't see anything there though.  :-\

It's in this photo.

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8696.0;attach=49961;image

Offline Jane

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 09:54:AM »
I believe tin foil is often used for various methods of smoking hashish. What is strange is that, as a magistrate, Neville must have known that by keeping the drugs in his safe he was committing a crime: Possession of a controlled substance.

This is the most annoying thing about this case that " smaller " things were overlooked and not thought as relevant.
 I had pointed out years ago that it was possible that Sheila knew of a small quantity of drugs which were in the safe left over from the drug problem of RP. He'd been staying at WHF at the request of June to try and help him cease his habit.
Because the Bambers kept everything private,no details were released on how bad RP had been as regards his drug habit,but June had probably thought that if he stayed with them at the farmhouse,he wouldn't be tempted to want/need them------I don't know. When this sort of thing happens you tend to think that his own family had given up on him and his habit had proved an enormous worry and a problem.
RP was a " hippy " in his day and by all accounts a dropout where the family were concerned. There is such information somewhere,possibly in Lomax's book,which I'll have to read through.

Yes, it's clearly to do with drugs of some kind, but it's odd that the "evidence" was kept in the safe. Roland Pargeter was an adult, so why was it up to Nevill to control what he was doing?

I don't know if this is being latched onto as being an interesting aside, OR as something dark, potentially linked to the crime.  As with all else, there are several explanations. The one I prefer is a 'roundtuit' -we've all got them- I think Nevill either found/confiscated it and on the spur of the moment shoved it in the safe until he made a decision about it's future which would happen when he got round to it.

Online lookout

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 09:56:AM »
If Sheila HAD known of the existence of drugs in the safe,then wild horses wouldn't have stopped her from obtaining it and a refusal by her father would have set her off as her last " taste " had been at the weekend before their stay at WHF,having attended a couple of parties.

We know only too well that those who are on drugs will commit some form of crime or violence in order to obtain their " fix " and it's believed that during the last 12 months of her life Sheila was smoking heavily.
A rehab.arrangement would probably have served her better than being in hospital as it was plain to see that her need for drugs as a " crutch " in her life had become an addiction.

So on top of Sheila's need for her " smoke " and other issues which she'd already been faced with just sent her over the top. Not easily remedied when there were guns in the house.
The controlled became the controller.

Online Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2017, 10:00:AM »
I don't know if this is being latched onto as being an interesting aside, OR as something dark, potentially linked to the crime.  As with all else, there are several explanations. The one I prefer is a 'roundtuit' -we've all got them- I think Nevill either found/confiscated it and on the spur of the moment shoved it in the safe until he made a decision about it's future which would happen when he got round to it.

I just find it interesting as it might shed some light on the relationships in the family. Roland wasn't a blood relative but he had been involved with the Bambers. I'm curious as to why Nevill and June felt it was their responsibility to control Roland's use of drugs.

Online Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2017, 10:04:AM »
When had Roland last been at the farm? I read that he lost contact with him, but I'm not sure how long that had happened before the murders.

Offline Hartley.

• Veteran Member

Online lookout

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2017, 10:10:AM »
When had Roland last been at the farm? I read that he lost contact with him, but I'm not sure how long that had happened before the murders.

I'm going to try and find out,also whether it was him who Nevill had sacked because of being found smoking weed. The guy was an odd bod to say the least with his hallucinations of craft landing at the farm with drops of drugs. He must have been on the mushrooms as well.

Offline Jane

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2017, 10:14:AM »
I just find it interesting as it might shed some light on the relationships in the family. Roland wasn't a blood relative but he had been involved with the Bambers. I'm curious as to why Nevill and June felt it was their responsibility to control Roland's use of drugs.

A) June was a devout Christian who would have seen it as her responsibility to keep on the straight and narrow, anyone connected to the family.
B) Nevill was a magistrate.
'Control' was something endemic in them both.