Author Topic: Sheila using a shot gun.  (Read 6393 times)

Offline lookout

Re: Sheila using a shot gun.
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2019, 06:14:PM »
I don't know her mental state during the first of the three telephone calls. She may have felt she needed to provide a friendly ear, not envisaging in her worst nightmare of the malice aforethought running through his brain.

Surely if she'd been told often enough about his " plans " then she'd smell a rat wouldn't she ? If she was telling the truth to start with which was questionable seeing that it was the silencer debacle which nailed his fate and not Julie's musings.

Offline Jane

« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2019, 06:17:PM »

Julie too was spaced-out that night if I remember rightly as Jeremy must have struggled to make her see sense when he rang her in the early hours. She'd obviously not had any idea of his " much talked about plan " by telling him to go back to bed after saying his father had rang. If she'd have had the decency to have got a taxi there and then she could have saved him from this fate worse than death if she'd have thought that much of him.

Well, one shared reefer doth not a "spaced-out" zombie make and the chances are a house full of students couldn't raise a bus fare across town between them, let alone a taxi to darkest Essex in the middle of the night!!!

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2019, 06:21:PM »

Surely if she'd been told often enough about his " plans " then she'd smell a rat wouldn't she ? If she was telling the truth to start with which was questionable seeing that it was the silencer debacle which nailed his fate and not Julie's musings.
This is partly true but Julie's evidence provided the human face of what in substance was a technical trial and in this way complemented it.

Offline lookout

« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2019, 06:26:PM »

Well, one shared reefer doth not a "spaced-out" zombie make and the chances are a house full of students couldn't raise a bus fare across town between them, let alone a taxi to darkest Essex in the middle of the night!!!

Taxi would have been paid on arrival. Shared reefer ? She used to flog the stuff didn't she ?

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2019, 06:41:PM »

Taxi would have been paid on arrival. Shared reefer ? She used to flog the stuff didn't she ?
Yes but only at Jeremy's instigation.

Offline Jane

« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2019, 06:41:PM »

Taxi paid by whom? I bet her presence at the farm would have gone down like a led balloon. She wouldn't have scuppered Jeremy's plan and she'd most certainly have been in the thick of it as an accomplice, which MAY be a reason why she told him to go to bed? It may have been that she was afraid she'd be dragged into something she couldn't get out of. As for "flogging the stuff", I guess it would depend on how much he'd given her to sell the previous weekend.None of this is black or white. I'd guarantee she went through myriad emotions which probably all changed hour to hour.

Offline lookout

« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2019, 07:06:PM »
Yes but only at Jeremy's instigation.

She was smuggling and selling it before she met Jeremy so wasn't new to the game.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2019, 07:19:PM »

She was smuggling and selling it before she met Jeremy so wasn't new to the game.

Where is your evidence for this claim?
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline lookout

« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2019, 07:20:PM »

Taxi paid by whom? I bet her presence at the farm would have gone down like a led balloon. She wouldn't have scuppered Jeremy's plan and she'd most certainly have been in the thick of it as an accomplice, which MAY be a reason why she told him to go to bed? It may have been that she was afraid she'd be dragged into something she couldn't get out of. As for "flogging the stuff", I guess it would depend on how much he'd given her to sell the previous weekend.None of this is black or white. I'd guarantee she went through myriad emotions which probably all changed hour to hour.

Jeremy would have paid for the taxi or else handed in an IOU on the strength of his 2 grand in the bank.

There'd have been no murder charge for Jeremy if she'd gone along that night and he wouldn't have minded at all. His conscience was clear------more's the pity he hadn't bedded some woman that night !

Offline Jane

« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2019, 07:32:PM »

Jeremy would have paid for the taxi or else handed in an IOU on the strength of his 2 grand in the bank.

There'd have been no murder charge for Jeremy if she'd gone along that night and he wouldn't have minded at all. His conscience was clear------more's the pity he hadn't bedded some woman that night !

Lookout, Please!!! Are you trying to tell me that a London cabby will drive some 100 miles in the middle of the night for nothing. I think there's every chance he'd have wanted money up front. How could he know he'd get paid? IF, as you'd have us believe, there was no murders, what would have been the point of Julie making such a journey? As for him not minding, it was only a few weeks after that, he dumped her for another girl. He actually said the relationship with Julie was in decline.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2019, 07:40:PM »

Julie too was spaced-out that night if I remember rightly as Jeremy must have struggled to make her see sense when he rang her in the early hours. She'd obviously not had any idea of his " much talked about plan " by telling him to go back to bed after saying his father had rang. If she'd have had the decency to have got a taxi there and then she could have saved him from this fate worse than death if she'd have thought that much of him.

Saved him from himself you mean!
Few people have the imagination for reality