Author Topic: Re: DO MODS BAN DISRUPTIVE POSTERS QUICKLY ENOUGH?  (Read 7653 times)

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
Re: DO MODS BAN DISRUPTIVE POSTERS QUICKLY ENOUGH?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 11:44:PM »
Ban Adam.  He is far better suited to the UK Justice Forum.

I'm asking for anyone to banned unless its ablutly necarsrly but I wish something would be done about it.

Offline Adam

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 11:47:PM »
I do wish posters would not create thread questions & posts based on things that were not said or done. Then ignore source requests.

This has happened twice on recent created threads.  The poster eventually admitting he was wrong in one thread 'quote' title he created. On the other thread the poster gave two false sources to support the false quote.

I did tell the poster to respond to source requests & stop giving false quotes & information. But he's been doing it again the last two days to try to prove a minor point.

I know 4 or 5 supporters are very determined but the guilters are much too knowledgable to not demand sources for things they have never read before.

Then guilters have to waste time chasing up the source request which is either ignored,  a false source given or no straight answer given.

It wastes time when the forum could be discussing the facts.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 11:52:PM by Adam »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline David1819

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 11:53:PM »
Ban Adam.  He is far better suited to the UK Justice Forum.

"Do mods ban disruptive posters quickly enough?" The fact Adam has made almost 20,000 posts on this forum undeniably makes the answer no.

The mods would make their lives allot easier by simply purging the undesirables.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2017, 09:09:AM »
"Do mods ban disruptive posters quickly enough?" The fact Adam has made almost 20,000 posts on this forum undeniably makes the answer no.

The mods would make their lives allot easier by simply purging the undesirables.

The moderation team have fostered an inclusive environment where the values of 'freedom of speech' are upheld.   Unfortunately some posters can take a lend of this in various ways.  If someone is racking up tens of thousands of posts with a repetitive theme, they are effectively a nuisance poster.  They probably don't contravene forum rules - but the forum would be a better place without them.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 09:25:AM by Roch »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2017, 10:24:PM »

That may be true but then the yardstick of a good moderator is to exercise a little discretion. We have all snapped at times and before you know where you are half the membership will have gone.

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2017, 01:45:PM »
I don't think Adam is disruptive. He's a little obsessed with posting the same lists of points over and over again, but he does discuss the case properly.

Offline Adam

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2017, 01:55:PM »
I have had to post the 16 sources to the pieces of evidence recently. After Nugs said I only use COA as a source.

Was posting on a music forum for a few years. It was busier than this forum. However the forum recently totally closed down without warning. Which was strange.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2017, 02:11:PM »
Was posting on a music forum for a few years. It was busier than this forum. However the forum recently totally closed down without warning. Which was strange.

What type of music?

Offline David1819

Offline Caroline

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2017, 07:39:PM »

I'd put you top of that list!
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2017, 11:25:AM »
The moderation team have fostered an inclusive environment where the values of 'freedom of speech' are upheld.   Unfortunately some posters can take a lend of this in various ways.  If someone is racking up tens of thousands of posts with a repetitive theme, they are effectively a nuisance poster.  They probably don't contravene forum rules - but the forum would be a better place without them.

yes.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2017, 12:30:PM »

Isn't that a matter of opinion? I think I know who you are trying to describe but that is also descriptive of many others, including Mike.
Few people have the imagination for reality