Author Topic: Personal Abuse of members here on the Red Forum  (Read 30373 times)

Offline Jane

Re: Personal Abuse of members here on the Red Forum
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2017, 07:46:PM »

Hi Jackie,I hadn't even been aware that the red had a " Jeremy Bamber Forum " and when my laptop was all over the place this morning and the cursor had a mind of its own, it threw up the wrong forum and landed on theirs.That's when I saw that they'd ALL been busy !

Lookout, I'm not perfectly certain how your laptop went "all over the place" and just happened to randomly alight on that particular thread on that particular site -Tommy Cooper's "Jus' like that" comes to mind- I can only think it has to be a site which you use. I'm a member of the site and I'd have had no idea where such a thread could be located.

Offline susan

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2017, 07:47:PM »
In other words then, if I were to take civil action or indeed legal action against (Jackie and others) in relation to the false and indeed malicious allegations she has continuously made about me on the open board, the legal responsibility would fall to you

Steph I have always thought the responsibility would fall with Mike could be wrong of course.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2017, 07:49:PM »
Imagine my horror when I just happened to see,not one remark,but a full 6 page thread of abuse and bullying aimed at myself.
This had been made on September 29th 2012 !! to October 1st. 2017, 5 years of CYBERBULLYING !! If it wasn't enough that some idiot thought it clever to write a " poem ",EVERYONE joined in with some form of personal abuse.

I'm not letting this go and WILL report this !! I'm surprised at you John,a once upholder of the law,well we'll see where the law stands with this shall we ??

PS.My daughter works with the police !!
This is completely unacceptable. I know the temptation is there sitting anonymously at the screen after a hard day, but really posters should stick to the issues involved: hate the crimes but not the personalities on any forum.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 07:50:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline Jane

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2017, 07:56:PM »
This is completely unacceptable. I know the temptation is there sitting anonymously at the screen after a hard day, but really posters should stick to the issues involved: hate the crimes but not the personalities on any forum.

Steve, it's not "a full 6 page thread of abuse and bullying aimed at" Lookout. There are 60 or 70 posts -covering a period of 5 years- only around 10 of which are centred on Lookout. OK, they're not very flattering -but not many of us escape- but then how many unflattering posts do many of us regularly receive from -and give to- our fellow posters?

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
  • The facts leading to the Simon Hall confession
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2017, 08:06:PM »

Hi Jackie,I hadn't even been aware that the red had a " Jeremy Bamber Forum " and when my laptop was all over the place this morning and the cursor had a mind of its own, it threw up the wrong forum and landed on theirs.That's when I saw that they'd ALL been busy !

You must have looked a the forum before lookout because your computer wouldn't link to a forum you'd never been on in the past. That's not how computers work.

Did someone send you a link maybe and encourage you to look at it/draw your attention to it?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 08:07:PM by Stephanie »
“The only people who are mad at you for telling the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep telling the truth"

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2017, 08:51:PM »
I disagree that worse has been said here, but even so where unacceptable posts are made here they are removed.  You also complain about them, although I note you never have done so elsewhere.  What do you think of the "poem" referred to by Lookout?

When did you become aware of the "poem" made about Lookout ngb?
“The only people who are mad at you for telling the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep telling the truth"

Offline lookout

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2017, 08:54:PM »
Lookout, I'm not perfectly certain how your laptop went "all over the place" and just happened to randomly alight on that particular thread on that particular site -Tommy Cooper's "Jus' like that" comes to mind- I can only think it has to be a site which you use. I'm a member of the site and I'd have had no idea where such a thread could be located.

You've no idea what my laptop is like,or was like this morning.  After I'd switched on and wrote a couple of posts on here this morning,the cursor went all over the place and I sat back as it went through all kinds of programmes that I wasn't even using,so I tried to get help from Windows to see what the fault was.
It's a comparatively new laptop and I hate it ( windows 10 ) which I'm not used to. The pointer was just settling on anything that came up and then it highlighted Jeremy bamber forum so I though thank God for that,but----------------it proved to have been the wrong JB forum although there is such a forum on red which I knew nothing about.
The laptop is still not working properly as it doesn't " hold " my passwords and I have to re-sign in if I want a specific heading. It won't accept my email account from my old laptop,so it's just a mess because I have to use my old laptop for emails which means changing them over.

So you see how difficult it is when things go wrong and you end up inadvertantly seeing something you'd wished you'd never seen.

To be honest,I thought I was being hacked this morning. 

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2017, 09:04:PM »

You've no idea what my laptop is like,or was like this morning.  After I'd switched on and wrote a couple of posts on here this morning,the cursor went all over the place and I sat back as it went through all kinds of programmes that I wasn't even using,so I tried to get help from Windows to see what the fault was.
It's a comparatively new laptop and I hate it ( windows 10 ) which I'm not used to. The pointer was just settling on anything that came up and then it highlighted Jeremy bamber forum so I though thank God for that,but----------------it proved to have been the wrong JB forum although there is such a forum on red which I knew nothing about.
The laptop is still not working properly as it doesn't " hold " my passwords and I have to re-sign in if I want a specific heading. It won't accept my email account from my old laptop,so it's just a mess because I have to use my old laptop for emails which means changing them over.

So you see how difficult it is when things go wrong and you end up inadvertantly seeing something you'd wished you'd never seen.

If the police seize your laptop in order to support any allegations you make to them, they'll be able to tell you what exactly happened to your computer this morning and they'll also be able to reassure you you weren't hacked. So I wouldn't stress over that.

It's referred to as a footprint Lookout.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:08:PM by Stephanie »

Offline Jane

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2017, 09:08:PM »

That's correct, but I'm willing to bet that when any computer decides to go dolally, it can only go dolally withing the parameters of those sites you've previously visited. My own -Windows 10- doesn't always behave beautifully but I don't live in fear of finding X rated sites filling my screen, because I've never logged onto one...................but I will check with my Godson, just in case I should be concerned.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2017, 09:19:PM »

It sounds like your mouse pointer is sticking and you need to update the driver.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2017, 09:21:PM »
What exactly are you annoyed with me about Ngb; as I get a sense from your post that you are.

You are aware of my experience and indeed the actions involving the police in the past and with whom (there was more than one aggressor). You are also aware of the outcome.

You are completely taking the piss Stephanie.  You know what you are doing.  Please stop.  I am not going to debate this with you.

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2017, 09:31:PM »
You are completely taking the piss Stephanie.  You know what you are doing.  Please stop.  I am not going to debate this with you.

Maybe you could PM me to tell me what it is you think I'm doing

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2017, 09:32:PM »
When did you become aware of the "poem" made about Lookout ngb?

I became aware when lookout posted.  I looked at the thread.  What is your point?  Do you support the writer of the poem?  Think before you answer Stephanie.

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2017, 09:40:PM »
In other words then, if I were to take civil action or indeed legal action against (Jackie and others) in relation to the false and indeed malicious allegations she has continuously made about me on the open board, the legal responsibility would fall to you

No it would not. I am not the owner of this forum.  I am only an administrator.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:44:PM by ngb1066 »

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2017, 09:47:PM »
Steve, it's not "a full 6 page thread of abuse and bullying aimed at" Lookout. There are 60 or 70 posts -covering a period of 5 years- only around 10 of which are centred on Lookout. OK, they're not very flattering -but not many of us escape- but then how many unflattering posts do many of us regularly receive from -and give to- our fellow posters?

Why do you defend this?  It is totally unacceptable. Surely you can see this is not acceptable behaviour?