Author Topic: Personal Abuse of members here on the Red Forum  (Read 30174 times)

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
Re: Personal Abuse of members here on the Red Forum
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 05:28:PM »
So you don't think derogatory comments -coupled with sexual harassment- directed at members here, are worse than what's been said on red?

No I do not, by a very long measure.  You have clearly forgotten, but I am not going to drag up old posts which were removed long ago by agreement.  I also think "sexual harassment" is somewhat an overstatement. 

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 05:34:PM »
Are you sure you have found the right thread?  If so are you really saying you find it acceptable? 

Of course she does, she has made that blatantly clear
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 05:40:PM »
See some people seem to forget laws regarding the internet

Their names and all their details will be all over the internet
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
  • The facts leading to the Simon Hall confession
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 05:46:PM »
Lookout pointed out to me that in her opinion, Caroline and I deserved all we got.

I've had the same said about me Jane; numerous times!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 05:49:PM by Stephanie »
“The only people who are mad at you for telling the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep telling the truth"

Offline lookout

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 05:58:PM »

Of course she does, she has made that blatantly clear

Hi Jackie,I hadn't even been aware that the red had a " Jeremy Bamber Forum " and when my laptop was all over the place this morning and the cursor had a mind of its own, it threw up the wrong forum and landed on theirs.That's when I saw that they'd ALL been busy !

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 06:03:PM »
Imagine my horror when I just happened to see,not one remark,but a full 6 page thread of abuse and bullying aimed at myself.
This had been made on September 29th 2012 !! to October 1st. 2017, 5 years of CYBERBULLYING !! If it wasn't enough that some idiot thought it clever to write a " poem ",EVERYONE joined in with some form of personal abuse.

I'm not letting this go and WILL report this !! I'm surprised at you John,a once upholder of the law,well we'll see where the law stands with this shall we ??

PS.My daughter works with the police !!

There's "abuse and bullying" aimed at many of us Lookout, you're not alone
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 06:06:PM by Stephanie »
“The only people who are mad at you for telling the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep telling the truth"

Offline Jane

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 06:08:PM »
No I do not, by a very long measure.  You have clearly forgotten, but I am not going to drag up old posts which were removed long ago by agreement.  I also think "sexual harassment" is somewhat an overstatement.

Neil, I'm not sure to which posts you refer, other than, possibly pm's? Sexual harassment? You think "is somewhat of an overstatement", which is understandable as you weren't on the receiving end of it. I can only ask you to try to imagine how you might feel to see a post, on open forum, which suggests you have homosexual leanings towards another male member here -irrelevant that you'd never seen them, the accusation is out there. It's the difference between the subjective which touches us personally, and the objective which is someone else's problem. Not only were Caroline and I subjected to such an insult, the post in question wasn't removed as quickly as it might have been. However, what's done is done.

Offline Jane

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2017, 06:15:PM »
No, I meant that you have never complained on another forum about offensive posts there directed at members here.  Some view that as condoning such comments.

I've just seen this. I wonder who the "some" are, Neil, if my stance has been under discussion, and by whom, and if you're one of the number who believes me to be condoning?

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2017, 06:15:PM »
Neil, I'm not sure to which posts you refer, other than, possibly pm's? Sexual harassment? You think "is somewhat of an overstatement", which is understandable as you weren't on the receiving end of it. I can only ask you to try to imagine how you might feel to see a post, on open forum, which suggests you have homosexual leanings towards another male member here -irrelevant that you'd never seen them, the accusation is out there. It's the difference between the subjective which touches us personally, and the objective which is someone else's problem. Not only were Caroline and I subjected to such an insult, the post in question wasn't removed as quickly as it might have been. However, what's done is done.

The post to which you refer was both infantile and inappropriate.  I have to admit that when I first saw it I did not appreciate fully the significance - the sexual innuendo was something I missed.  When you reported the post I looked again and saw and understood the innuendo so I immediately removed the post because it was offensive.  I am not sure it was intended as a literal allegation but even if it was not it was wrong.  It is the only time anything of that nature has been posted on the forum.  There has been far, far worse posted in the past elsewhere.  I am not going to rake up past examples, but I am sure you remember some of them.

Offline Jane

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2017, 06:20:PM »
The post to which you refer was both infantile and inappropriate.  I have to admit that when I first saw it I did not appreciate fully the significance - the sexual innuendo was something I missed.  When you reported the post I looked again and saw and understood the innuendo so I immediately removed the post because it was offensive.  I am not sure it was intended as a literal allegation but even if it was not it was wrong.  It is the only time anything of that nature has been posted on the forum.  There has been far, far worse posted in the past elsewhere.  I am not going to rake up past examples, but I am sure you remember some of them.

Thank-you for that, Neil.

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2017, 06:20:PM »
I've just seen this. I wonder who the "some" are, Neil, if my stance has been under discussion, and by whom, and if you're one of the number who believes me to be condoning?

There has been no discussion recently Jane but I have made my views (shared by others) known to you and others some time ago.  We have exchanged PMs in the past on this you may recall.

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2017, 07:23:PM »
It's his forum.

I cannot imagine he has the time to be on his forum 24/7 surely therefore the responsibility would fall to his moderators

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2017, 07:25:PM »
I cannot imagine he has the time to be on his forum 24/7 surely therefore the responsibility would fall to his moderators

Yes on an hourly basis.  However, overall he has complete control over what is posted.  He can decide what stays and what is removed.  He is also the publisher of the forum, which carries the overall legal responsibility.

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2017, 07:32:PM »
You know very well what the answer is to your questions.  In view of your own experience and your action in involving police in the past I am surprised that you have posted as you have done.

What exactly are you annoyed with me about Ngb; as I get a sense from your post that you are.

You are aware of my experience and indeed the actions involving the police in the past and with whom (there was more than one aggressor). You are also aware of the outcome.

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2017, 07:42:PM »
Yes on an hourly basis.  However, overall he has complete control over what is posted.  He can decide what stays and what is removed.  He is also the publisher of the forum, which carries the overall legal responsibility.

In other words then, if I were to take civil action or indeed legal action against (Jackie and others) in relation to the false and indeed malicious allegations she has continuously made about me on the open board, the legal responsibility would fall to you