Author Topic: Personal Abuse of members here on the Red Forum  (Read 30164 times)

Offline lookout

Personal Abuse of members here on the Red Forum
« on: October 16, 2017, 01:31:PM »
Imagine my horror when I just happened to see,not one remark,but a full 6 page thread of abuse and bullying aimed at myself.
This had been made on September 29th 2012 !! to October 1st. 2017, 5 years of CYBERBULLYING !! If it wasn't enough that some idiot thought it clever to write a " poem ",EVERYONE joined in with some form of personal abuse.

I'm not letting this go and WILL report this !! I'm surprised at you John,a once upholder of the law,well we'll see where the law stands with this shall we ??

PS.My daughter works with the police !!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 02:16:PM by lookout »

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
Re: Personal Abuse of members here on the Red Forum
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 02:30:PM »
I occasionally take a look at some of their threads. There is usually some kind of dig or mockery aimed at members here. I think it's par for the course with them.

Offline Jane

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 03:10:PM »
Imagine my horror when I just happened to see,not one remark,but a full 6 page thread of abuse and bullying aimed at myself.
This had been made on September 29th 2012 !! to October 1st. 2017, 5 years of CYBERBULLYING !! If it wasn't enough that some idiot thought it clever to write a " poem ",EVERYONE joined in with some form of personal abuse.

I'm not letting this go and WILL report this !! I'm surprised at you John,a once upholder of the law,well we'll see where the law stands with this shall we ??

PS.My daughter works with the police !!

How on earth did you manage to find it? :o  You clearly know your way round red better than I.

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
  • The facts leading to the Simon Hall confession
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 03:18:PM »
Only 6 pages, that's mild IMO
“The only people who are mad at you for telling the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep telling the truth"

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 03:23:PM »
I'm surprised at you John,a once upholder of the law,well we'll see where the law stands with this shall we ??

What's John got to do with it Lookout?
“The only people who are mad at you for telling the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep telling the truth"

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 03:36:PM »
What's John got to do with it Lookout?

It's his forum.

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 03:41:PM »
It's his forum.

Lookout posted, "I'm not letting this go and WILL report this"

What does she have to report to the police and why is John to blame for other people's opinions

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 03:59:PM »
Lookout posted, "I'm not letting this go and WILL report this"

What does she have to report to the police and why is John to blame for other people's opinions

You know very well what the answer is to your questions.  In view of your own experience and your action in involving police in the past I am surprised that you have posted as you have done.

Offline Jane

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 03:59:PM »
Just found the 'offending' thread. MOST of us are included who were here at the time, but out of 60 or 70 posts, I don't think Lookout is mentioned personally many more than 10 times. Strange how she's up in arms about it. I didn't see anything said of her which hasn't been said here. It's hardly in the same vein as the abuse that Caroline and I are subjected to, and that's WITHOUT mentioning the sexual harassment. I seem to recall Lookout saying words to the effect of it being our own fault, that we set ourselves up for it, which, coincidentally, is exactly what was said on red about regarding their comments about her. I'm sure it will help her to talk to her daughter about it, but I can't see the police taking huge interest in it.

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 04:06:PM »
Just found the 'offending' thread. MOST of us are included who were here at the time, but out of 60 or 70 posts, I don't think Lookout is mentioned personally many more than 10 times. Strange how she's up in arms about it. I didn't see anything said of her which hasn't been said here. It's hardly in the same vein as the abuse that Caroline and I are subjected to, and that's WITHOUT mentioning the sexual harassment. I seem to recall Lookout saying words to the effect of it being our own fault, that we set ourselves up for it, which, coincidentally, is exactly what was said on red about regarding their comments about her. I'm sure it will help her to talk to her daughter about it, but I can't see the police taking huge interest in it.

Are you sure you have found the right thread?  If so are you really saying you find it acceptable? 

Offline Jane

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 04:32:PM »
Are you sure you have found the right thread?  If so are you really saying you find it acceptable? 

Neil, my ideas of what's acceptable/unacceptable have shifted somewhat since I started using forums. I TRULY had no idea that people were capable of being so foulmouthed to complete strangers. WORSE! I had no idea I was capable of reciprocation!!! Red was having a pop at us all, but you and I both know that worse has been said here from time to time. However, when I think back to the odious and ignorant posters on some betting forums, we come out looking somewhat better.There's a lot of behaviours here that come under my heading of "unacceptable" -I feel sure you'll agree- but I don't feel we have the right to make too many disparaging noises about what red do, when we exhibit some of the same traits here.

Offline David1819

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 04:39:PM »
There is a lot of that on the red forum. Its usually stuff said about Mike, NGB and Lookout going back as far as 2013.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 04:40:PM by David1819 »

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 04:42:PM »
Neil, my ideas of what's acceptable/unacceptable have shifted somewhat since I started using forums. I TRULY had no idea that people were capable of being so foulmouthed to complete strangers. WORSE! I had no idea I was capable of reciprocation!!! Red was having a pop at us all, but you and I both know that worse has been said here from time to time. However, when I think back to the odious and ignorant posters on some betting forums, we come out looking somewhat better.There's a lot of behaviours here that come under my heading of "unacceptable" -I feel sure you'll agree- but I don't feel we have the right to make too many disparaging noises about what red do, when we exhibit some of the same traits here.

I disagree that worse has been said here, but even so where unacceptable posts are made here they are removed.  You also complain about them, although I note you never have done so elsewhere.  What do you think of the "poem" referred to by Lookout?

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 04:54:PM by ngb1066 »

Offline Jane

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 05:18:PM »
I disagree that worse has been said here, but even so where unacceptable posts are made here they are removed.  You also complain about them, although I note you never have done so elsewhere.  What do you think of the "verse" referred to by Lookout?

So you don't think derogatory comments -coupled with sexual harassment- directed at members here, are worse than what's been said on red? You may be correct. Lookout seems to think the police will be interested to here what's been said about her. I'm assuming you mean that I've never complained about 'here' anywhere other than here? You'd be correct in that, despite that Lookout has accused me of talking about her on red, it would go against my principles. However, there ARE those from here who -shall we say- do more to encourage such 'banter' on red, than discourage it. I did see a 'verse' about Lookout -I would probably have made up another in return- I'm glad I've not given enough offence, or said anything that's been found to be so objectionable as to encourage such retaliation. Lookout pointed out to me that in her opinion, Caroline and I deserved all we got. When one airs such radical views as are held by Lookout -on just about everything- I guess one shouldn't be surprised if others, rightly or wrongly, wish to express their own views about it.
NB  I got the impression that at the bottom of the 'banter' was something political going on from long before I joined here. Something to do with posters on red having originally been members of blue who'd been banned?

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 05:23:PM »
I'm assuming you mean that I've never complained about 'here' anywhere other than here? You'd be correct in that, despite that Lookout has accused me of talking about her on red, it would go against my principles.

No, I meant that you have never complained on another forum about offensive posts there directed at members here.  Some view that as condoning such comments.