Author Topic: FORUM SPATS  (Read 15473 times)

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
  • The facts leading to the Simon Hall confession
Re: FORUM SPATS
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 05:25:PM »
Kaldin joined the forum here http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,217.msg609.html#msg609
without introduction (as per forum rules) though they may have done since 2011? I don't have time to look
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 05:27:PM by Stephanie »
“The only people who are mad at you for telling the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep telling the truth"

guest2181

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2017, 05:50:PM »
Kaldin joined the forum here http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,217.msg609.html#msg609
without introduction (as per forum rules) though they may have done since 2011? I don't have time to look

We didn't have any rules back then.

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2017, 08:32:PM »
We didn't have any rules back then.

Do we now
“The only people who are mad at you for telling the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep telling the truth"

Offline petey

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 02:46:AM »
We could ban Hartley, Mike, Maggie, Nugnug, Susan, Buddy, Steve, Justice, Jackie, Lucy, Jane, Sherlock, David, Lookout, Reader, Caroline, NGB, Stephanie, Adam & Kaldin.

It might do the trick.  :-\

I feel privileged to escape the cull :)

Offline susan

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2017, 11:11:AM »
I feel privileged to escape the cull :)

petey   :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Offline lookout

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2017, 11:35:AM »
And I'm " Untouchable "  ;D :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))------- ::) Paranoid or what ??????

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2017, 02:05:PM »
I hadn't intended to get involved with this, but I think Steph's points are valid. Spats come, spats go. Each individual believes themselves to be in the 'right' corner. This wasn't the first and it won't be the last. I went through the whole thread twice this morning. I'm not sure I'd have called ALL of what was going on "bullying" but there was a hell of a lot of needling in play, fueled, I have no doubt, by a lot of individual agendas.

Not for the first time, in recent days, we had a conversation which was going round in circles from which it felt as if there was no escape. From what I saw, when I read through this morning, the object appeared to be to keep the circle going by switching between the point in question, being relevant and irrelevant. There were personal taunts. At the time I felt it to be provocative. This morning I remained convinced it was deliberate, something being said sounding like information passed on. I confess to allowing this to continue rather than walking away from it, however, I wasn't the only one being targeted. It also provided space for those with their own, and other agendas to jump on the bandwagon. It became a feeding frenzy.

However, I will point out one piece of bullying in particular. Since David has chosen to single me out as the recipient of his particular brand of 'humour', I've had him on ignore. I never address him, I never respond to him, but from time to time I get to see what he says when his post is quoted  -it's ALWAYS personal and usually consists of sexual innuendo. To the best of my knowledge, unless it's been done by pm, this has been ignored- last night, he overstepped the mark. His comment was SEXUALLY OFFENSIVE in it's implication.

There is certainly
more than enough hostility here at the moment. There is also cause and effect. Poke anyone long enough, hard enough, and slyly enough and they'll respond.

And rather than apologise and moderate his online behaviour - he escalates it and involes himself with one of THE worst offenders in the history of this forum

Whilst others stand by and pretend to ignore it
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 02:23:PM by Stephanie »

Offline Jane

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2017, 02:25:PM »
And rather than apologise and moderate his online behaviour - he escalates it

Whilst others stand by and pretend to ignore it

And until now, my impression is that as far as supporters are concerned, it's been a case of "bring it on, the more the better" and I feel perfectly certain that, because he's not been prevented, he sees it as being given permission to continue. I've been warned by someone who's past history shows them to be very practiced at it, that internet bullying is against the law, but sexual harassment hasn't been mentioned. What David's vitriolic 'humour' has led him to IS sexual harassment.

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2017, 02:53:PM »
And until now, my impression is that as far as supporters are concerned, it's been a case of "bring it on, the more the better" and I feel perfectly certain that, because he's not been prevented, he sees it as being given permission to continue. I've been warned by someone who's past history shows them to be very practiced at it, that internet bullying is against the law, but sexual harassment hasn't been mentioned. What David's vitriolic 'humour' has led him to IS sexual harassment.

I'd like to hear Roch's thought on this, especially given his recent posts about us "hardcore guilters" http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,8686.msg415806.html#msg415806

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 03:27:PM by Stephanie »

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2017, 02:59:PM »
My ego remained deflated, as I was aware that other members would call the situation differently than I did (and would therefore feel aggrieved).  However I took heart from the fact that independently, Kaldin appears to be forming similar conclusions to my own, regarding this forum.

I called the situation as I genuinely saw it  - based upon the following two things:

An increase in hostile attitudes towards Kaldin, that seemed in direct proportion to Kaldin becoming more sceptical about the prosecution's case and the views of certain members on here.

My own previous experiences on here - including what I have either been involved in or just witnessed.

Why did you use Kaldin as your example? What was your logic behind it. Why not use Sherlock, Gringo, Jackie, Lookout or Mike to get your point across?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 03:23:PM by Stephanie »

Offline lookout

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2017, 03:12:PM »

I haven't seen any sexual harassment ?? And I certainly wouldn't condone it if I saw it, and to involve others by surmising they'd say " bring it on " is beyond reproach.

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2017, 03:16:PM »

I haven't seen any sexual harassment ?? And I certainly wouldn't condone it if I saw it, and to involve others by surmising they'd say " bring it on " is beyond reproach.

The problem is Lookout, you don't appear to be aware of the content of some of your own posts and there offensive nature, so it's unlikely you would notice

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,8704.msg417569.html#msg417569
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 03:19:PM by Stephanie »

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2017, 03:30:PM »
Why did you use Kaldin as your example? What was your logic behind it. Why not use Sherlock, Gringo, Jackie, Lookout or Mike to get your point across?

Because over a relatively short period of time, I perceived a change attitudes towards Kaldin, when it became clear they were potentially moving further away from guilt and towards innocence.

Offline Jane

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2017, 03:30:PM »

But you're not on the receiving end of it, are you? If you care to read his last side swipe ate me you won't fail to miss its sexual connotation, although, from the way you've upheld comments from certain other quarters -and it's OK, I'm not pointing a finger at something I've probably done myself- you may not think it's important. I can assure you that, publicly, bringing another person's sexuality into question. is entirely UNACCEPTABLE.

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2017, 03:33:PM »
Because over a relatively short period of time, I perceived a change attitudes towards Kaldin, when it became clear they were potentially moving further away from guilt and towards innocence.

So you are saying Kaldin was bullied into submission ha ha come off it Roch you're smarter than that

Aren't you  ;D >:( :) ;)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 03:33:PM by Stephanie »