Author Topic: FORUM SPATS  (Read 15476 times)

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
  • The facts leading to the Simon Hall confession
FORUM SPATS
« on: October 10, 2017, 02:43:PM »
In relation to the " forum spats" last night

* Ngb came on the forum and agreed with Roch's

* I disagreed with Roch's post or Ngb"s or both - can't remember

* Ngb referred to the forum atmosphere as "almost tribal" and said he "hates bullying" - who doesn't?

* Caroline observed the forum numbers went up

Who are the bullies and what is being done about it? And where is the "almost tribal" atmosphere coming from?

I have used the below as examples

Adam
Yesterday at 07.47 PM
Can the moderators show consistancy in their moderating.
I complained when David put up a poster saying I make things up. However was told it would not be removed.
If Lookout is untouchable on here, just tell the forum why.

David
Yesterday at 07.57 PM
I doubt it. If she was ever obsessing over someone having a shower, it would be none other than her one and only Caroline.

Kaldin
Yesterday 08.50 PM
Why on earth would she be moderated for that? Don't be silly.

Caroline
Yesterday at 08.06 PM
Not really - you're acting like a 3 year old. Anyone working on a farm all day would have a shower and you know it. You went on and on about the bible cover and ended up being wrong, the same with the rifle angles - now you're arguing over this. I was perfectly polite to you but if you want want to start that BS. then I give ans good as I get!

Kaldin
Yesterday at 08.08 PM
You're the one who's answering for other posters, and you don't even know who you're speaking to some of the time.

It's just nonsense to assume that Jeremy would have had a shower that time of night, but you keep on and on insisting that he must have had one. Don't bother to threaten me - I'm not a shrinking violet myself.

Kaldin
Yesterday at 08.12 PM
Are you speaking for yourself or for Caroline now? It's difficult to tell

Kaldin
Yesterday at 08.12 PM
Oh please - you know I'm not an idiot.  ^-^
Why does saying that Jeremy didn't necessarily have a shower mean I'm not a fence sitter? Are we judging his guilt or innocence on whether he showers at night or not now?

Kaldin
Yesterday at 08.16 PM
Haha! You and your two mates spend hours discussing other posters.

Kaldin
Yesterday at 08.22 PM
Don't tell me what I thought. You're the one being absurd - insisting that someone would have had a shower is ridiculous.

Kaldin
Yesterday at 8.23 PM
No I didn't. I was merely discussing the issue of a shower or no-shower, and you and Jane got all arsy.

Jane J
Yesterday at 08:27 PM
All of which makes rather more sense than Kaldin dragging out something they appear to have absolutely no interest in other than amusement value.

Kaldin
Yesterday at 08.37 PM
Do you have a point to make or are your eyes stuck?

Maggie
Yesterday at 08.45 PM
Maybe he just feels he needs to make a point, can't see that he's doing any harm. :-)

Kaldin
Yesterday at 08:30 PM
You see who's chucking the abuse around? It's you.

Maggie:
Yesterday at 08:34 PM 
I have to say I am with kaldin Jane, I am not emotionally involved in this case anymore.  My only hope is that JB is where he should be because if he is innocent it is beyond tragic.
If he's guilty and he's in prison why should I care?  He deserves to be where he is. :-X

Maggie
Yesterday at 08:42 PM »
I sense things may be getting personal.
Can posters please stick to the debate rather than attacking the poster.  cheers

Maggie
Yesterday at 09:42 PM »
I have locked this thread until I have time to sort it out.
Maybe it's time you all changed the subject.

Kaldin
Yesterday at 09.53 PM
Who rattled your cage? You seem very bitter.

Roch
Yesterday at 10:22 PM
Kaldin was treated with relative respect, until it became abundantly clear they were robustly questioning the guilty arguments (as canvassed by the guilt favouring members and the prosecution evidence). Then the insolence began

Ngb1066
Yesterday 10.32pm
As an administrator here I try to stand back from this Roch and avoid getting involved in forum spats, but I have to say I agree with you.  I am increasingly concerned at the general forum atmosphere.  It is becoming almost tribal, and that is not good.  I hate bullying and I am afraid that is what I am increasingly seeing here now.  I really wish it would stop.

Maggie
Yesterday at 11:01 PM »
I am locking this thread and if posters continue their bullying on another thread I shall start banning. It's gone far  enough

How do we move forward from this?

Isn't it down to each and everyone of us to regulate our forum behaviours and emotions; including past and present mods
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 05:07:PM by Stephanie »
“The only people who are mad at you for telling the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep telling the truth"

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
Re: FORUM SPATS
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 02:51:PM »
Seriously it's time for you to go, you are just here to cause trouble

Maggie has supported you so much in the past and you just turn on her
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 02:57:PM »

You are projecting Jackie

“The only people who are mad at you for telling the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep telling the truth"

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 02:58:PM »
This is how grown ups debate

« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 02:59:PM by Stephanie »

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 03:00:PM »

How can we bring harmony to the forum Jackie

Who's behaviour needs regulating
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 03:00:PM by Stephanie »

guest2181

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 03:27:PM »
How can we bring harmony to the forum Jackie

Who's behaviour needs regulating

We could ban Hartley, Mike, Maggie, Nugnug, Susan, Buddy, Steve, Justice, Jackie, Lucy, Jane, Sherlock, David, Lookout, Reader, Caroline, NGB, Stephanie, Adam & Kaldin.

It might do the trick.  :-\

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 03:45:PM »
We could ban Hartley, Mike, Maggie, Nugnug, Susan, Buddy, Steve, Justice, Jackie, Lucy, Jane, Sherlock, David, Lookout, Reader, Caroline, NGB, Stephanie, Adam & Kaldin.

It might do the trick.  :-\

The thing is Hartley ngb's post doesnt seem to have made a whole lot of difference (other than inflate Roch's ego  ;D), the bullying didn't stop and the atmosphere didn't seem to change. Roch by his own admittance, isn't here often. What has Roch based his observations on exactly? The few times he posts? I was here when Kaldin joined in 2011, so were you. What's that got to do with anything anyway?

« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 03:50:PM by Stephanie »

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 04:22:PM »
The thing is Hartley ngb's post doesnt seem to have made a whole lot of difference (other than inflate Roch's ego  ;D), the bullying didn't stop and the atmosphere didn't seem to change. Roch by his own admittance, isn't here often. What has Roch based his observations on exactly? The few times he posts? I was here when Kaldin joined in 2011, so were you. What's that got to do with anything anyway?

Who appears to be the "bully" in my edited post above?

I've no idea what posts ngb read when he came on the forum last night nor indeed Roch for that matter in order for him to post what he did when he did. My observation was that Roch was stirring the pot.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 04:39:PM by Stephanie »

guest2181

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 04:38:PM »
I'm sure either side of the coin thinks the other's at fault.

Offline David1819

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 04:43:PM »
How do we move forward from this?

You leaving would be a start.

The forum was much more peaceful before you returned. 

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 04:46:PM »
I'm sure either side of the coin thinks the other's at fault.

Let's hope it can be resolved one way or another Hartley.  I don't know about you but I'm far too busy to keep up with it all.

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 04:46:PM »
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 04:57:PM by Stephanie »

Offline Jane

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2017, 04:58:PM »
This is how grown ups debate

I hadn't intended to get involved with this, but I think Steph's points are valid. Spats come, spats go. Each individual believes themselves to be in the 'right' corner. This wasn't the first and it won't be the last. I went through the whole thread twice this morning. I'm not sure I'd have called ALL of what was going on "bullying" but there was a hell of a lot of needling in play, fueled, I have no doubt, by a lot of individual agendas.

Not for the first time, in recent days, we had a conversation which was going round in circles from which it felt as if there was no escape. From what I saw, when I read through this morning, the object appeared to be to keep the circle going by switching between the point in question, being relevant and irrelevant. There were personal taunts. At the time I felt it to be provocative. This morning I remained convinced it was deliberate, something being said sounding like information passed on. I confess to allowing this to continue rather than walking away from it, however, I wasn't the only one being targeted. It also provided space for those with their own, and other agendas to jump on the bandwagon. It became a feeding frenzy.

However, I will point out one piece of bullying in particular. Since David has chosen to single me out as the recipient of his particular brand of 'humour', I've had him on ignore. I never address him, I never respond to him, but from time to time I get to see what he says when his post is quoted  -it's ALWAYS personal and usually consists of sexual innuendo. To the best of my knowledge, unless it's been done by pm, this has been ignored- last night, he overstepped the mark. His comment was SEXUALLY OFFENSIVE in it's implication.

There is certainly more than enough hostility here at the moment. There is also cause and effect. Poke anyone long enough, hard enough, and slyly enough and they'll respond.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 05:09:PM »

My ego remained deflated, as I was aware that other members would call the situation differently than I did (and would therefore feel aggrieved).  However I took heart from the fact that independently, Kaldin appears to be forming similar conclusions to my own, regarding this forum.

I called the situation as I genuinely saw it  - based upon the following two things:

An increase in hostile attitudes towards Kaldin, that seemed in direct proportion to Kaldin becoming more sceptical about the prosecution's case and the views of certain members on here.

My own previous experiences on here - including what I have either been involved in or just witnessed.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 05:09:PM by Roch »

Offline Jane

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 05:18:PM »
My ego remained deflated, as I was aware that other members would call the situation differently than I did (and would therefore feel aggrieved).  However I took heart from the fact that independently, Kaldin appears to be forming similar conclusions to my own, regarding this forum.

I called the situation as I genuinely saw it  - based upon the following two things:

An increase in hostile attitudes towards Kaldin, that seemed in direct proportion to Kaldin becoming more sceptical about the prosecution's case and the views of certain members on here.

My own previous experiences on here - including what I have either been involved in or just witnessed.

You know Roch, if I believe, for a SINGLE moment, that Kaldin was genuinely skeptical, I wouldn't have taken the stance I did. I actually put that point to them, several times, last night. They wouldn't engage. You're free to read it for yourself. It wasn't the first time Kaldin had done this. The format over angles and the bible were exactly the same. They took the debate round in circles by resorting to something very similar to the child who keeps repeating "Why" after everything which is said to it. I experience no serious intention to debate.