Author Topic: What clothes was Sheila wearing in the evening ...  (Read 26280 times)

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
Re: What clothes was Sheila wearing in the evening ...
« Reply #225 on: October 09, 2017, 07:44:PM »
Have you any idea how much dust is flung in the air during a harvest? Are you saying that covered in that much grime, he would have just got into bed and have a shower in the morning? There are lots of farmers here, some I know pretty well, I think I'll do a small survey and find out how many would be prepared to slip between the sheets covered in dust and sweat.

Why would they care? They'd be asleep.

Offline Jane

« Reply #226 on: October 09, 2017, 07:45:PM »
He wouldn't get the sheets filthy. How do you know he got up at 4am?

It was harvest. It's customary to have all hands on deck. Harvesting is dusty work. Sweat combined with dust makes dirt. It runs down a sweaty face in rivulets. Tell me, are you enjoying being deliberately obdurate? Or have you made it your mission to throw every thread off course?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #227 on: October 09, 2017, 07:46:PM »
Why would they care? They'd be asleep.

Because when people are dirty, they generally wash - maybe you don't so don't find it strange?
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline susan

« Reply #228 on: October 09, 2017, 07:47:PM »
Though what washing/showering habits has to do with anything I don't know.

Lookout Jeremy may have had a shower he may not don't recall the police saying he was rather dirty and smelly when he met up with them fact is none of us know only he knows ask him next time you write to him.  I seem to remember we discussed the fact his bathroom was devoid of towels and seem to think it was said after he used them they went into the washing machine and the clean ones were in the airing cupboard but I am quite vague on the outcome of the forums discussion at the time.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #229 on: October 09, 2017, 07:47:PM »
It was harvest. It's customary to have all hands on deck. Harvesting is dusty work. Sweat combined with dust makes dirt. It runs down a sweaty face in rivulets. Tell me, are you enjoying being deliberately obdurate? Or have you made it your mission to throw every thread off course?

I guess when Bamber is involved harvesting is all marshmallow and powder puffs!   ::)

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #230 on: October 09, 2017, 07:49:PM »

Are you enjoying obsessing about whether Jeremy had a shower or not? You can't possibly know if he did or if he didn't, and why is it relevant anyway?

Offline Adam

« Reply #231 on: October 09, 2017, 07:50:PM »
Bamber would have had a shower after returning at around 3am. After putting his clothes in the washing machine.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Jane

« Reply #232 on: October 09, 2017, 07:50:PM »
I guess when Bamber is involved harvesting is all marshmallow and powder puffs!   ::)

Or he's so hallowed that the things which touch the rest of us adversely fail to touch him.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #233 on: October 09, 2017, 07:51:PM »
Are you enjoying obsessing about whether Jeremy had a shower or not? You can't possibly know if he did or if he didn't, and why is it relevant anyway?

You've certainly obsessed over enough things recently - it sounds like we've hit a nerve! Just calm down  ::)

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #234 on: October 09, 2017, 07:52:PM »
Because when people are dirty, they generally wash - maybe you don't so don't find it strange?

What is wrong with you? Most people I know have a shower in the morning. If you don't, that's up to you, but it's not abnormal to not have a shower at night.

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #235 on: October 09, 2017, 07:53:PM »
You've certainly obsessed over enough things recently - it sounds like we've hit a nerve! Just calm down  ::)

I wasn't addressing you, I was addressing Jane, who got obnoxious with me. Are you her spokesperson now?

Offline Jane

« Reply #236 on: October 09, 2017, 07:53:PM »

Feel free to contribute to another thread. There's no point in you contributing to something you feel is irrelevant, is there?

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #237 on: October 09, 2017, 07:53:PM »
Feel free to contribute to another thread. There's no point in you contributing to something you feel is irrelevant, is there?

Feel free to mind your own business. If I want to post on this thread, I will.

Offline susan

« Reply #238 on: October 09, 2017, 07:54:PM »
Have you any idea how much dust is flung in the air during a harvest? Are you saying that covered in that much grime, he would have just got into bed and have a shower in the morning? There are lots of farmers here, some I know pretty well, I think I'll do a small survey and find out how many would be prepared to slip between the sheets covered in dust and sweat.

Caroline I am quite aware what happens on farms I live on one.  The point I was making not everyone showers at night some in the morning my comments were general not aiming at farmers.  I am sure if Jeremy was covered in dust he would have showered the fact he did not mention it does not mean he did not have one.  Perhaps he had one before he killed his family but it would have made more sense for him to have one after he murdered them if indeed he did murder them.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #239 on: October 09, 2017, 07:54:PM »
Lookout Jeremy may have had a shower he may not don't recall the police saying he was rather dirty and smelly when he met up with them fact is none of us know only he knows ask him next time you write to him.  I seem to remember we discussed the fact his bathroom was devoid of towels and seem to think it was said after he used them they went into the washing machine and the clean ones were in the airing cupboard but I am quite vague on the outcome of the forums discussion at the time.

Jeremy gave a detailed description of what he did when he returned home and before going to bed, including what he watched on TV but made no mention of having showered. After a long day on the farm (unless you're a scruffy bugger), anyone in their right mind would have a shower before getting into bed.