Author Topic: What clothes was Sheila wearing in the evening ...  (Read 26698 times)

Offline sherlock

Re: What clothes was Sheila wearing in the evening ...
« Reply #150 on: October 09, 2017, 02:54:PM »

Who did you enquire to ?

Sheila had on her day clothes. I "enquired" 3/4 years ago.

Offline Adam

« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2017, 03:08:PM »
If Nevill or Sheila (or both) were found in footwear & a dressing gown then it would suggest they had both been up for several minutes.

There is no possibility both of them spent several minutes engaging with each other & moving around WHF bare footed & just in pyjamas/nightdress.

Grown men & women would have some decorum.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 03:40:PM by Adam »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2017, 05:01:PM »
WHEN did she say this? What was the date? How long before the murders?

What's the difference between problematic and recreational?
Don't believe crack cocaine is ever recreational, it is highly addictive.  However, I have no idea whether Sheila or Jeremy smoked it.
Would be interested to know where sherlock read that she did.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 05:03:PM by maggie »

Offline Jane

« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2017, 05:07:PM »
Don't believe crack cocaine is ever recreational, it is highly addictive.  However, I have no idea whether Sheila or Jeremy smoked it.

Was crack obtainable in the 70's/80's? It's not something I recall hearing about, but then I supposes I wouldn't, I didn't move in such circles.

guest2181

« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2017, 05:09:PM »
If Sheila was still wearing the leggings at say 10pm then I would then think it likely that she showered after 10pm - if Sheila was in her night dress already at 10PM I would think it more likely she had showered between 5.30pm and 10pm ...

I think it likely that she showered just before putting the night dress on - whatever time that was ....

She had a bandage over a wound/graze didn't she?

I wonder if it would have been possible to identify how long the bandage had been applied. Was it newly applied prior to retiring for the night?
Or it could dispel the shower theory altogether, if it had been applied for a number of hours.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2017, 05:31:PM »
Was crack obtainable in the 70's/80's? It's not something I recall hearing about, but then I supposes I wouldn't, I didn't move in such circles.
Nor me Jane.  I'm not sure when it first came into public awareness but I'm sure people have smoked cocaine for generations and crack is cocaine that is smoked so I would guess it has always been around. :-\  Really nasty stuff.

Offline Jane

« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2017, 05:34:PM »
Nor me Jane.  I'm not sure when it first came into public awareness but I'm sure people have smoked cocaine for generations and crack is cocaine that is smoked so I would guess it has always been around. :-\  Really nasty stuff.

Cocaine was the drug of choice for the aristocracy in the 1920's. Edward VIII was said to have been addicted to it. I thought crack was a more recent mutation.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2017, 06:08:PM »
Cocaine was the drug of choice for the aristocracy in the 1920's. Edward VIII was said to have been addicted to it. I thought crack was a more recent mutation.
From what I can make out the term 'crack' and the particular way of cutting cocaine to form what was called crack seems to have first been discovered in the Toxteth area of Liverpool 8 in about 1981 around the time of the Toxteth riots. 

Offline Jane

« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2017, 06:17:PM »
From what I can make out the term 'crack' and the particular way of cutting cocaine to form what was called crack seems to have first been discovered in the Toxteth area of Liverpool 8 in about 1981 around the time of the Toxteth riots.

OK. I had other things on my mind in 1981 ;D ;D

Offline Caroline

« Reply #159 on: October 09, 2017, 06:21:PM »
If Sheila was still wearing the leggings at say 10pm then I would then think it likely that she showered after 10pm - if Sheila was in her night dress already at 10PM I would think it more likely she had showered between 5.30pm and 10pm ...

I think it likely that she showered just before putting the night dress on - whatever time that was ....

Ever wondered when Jeremy had a shower? He seems to have neglected mentioning it in his list of stuff he did after returning home that evening?
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #160 on: October 09, 2017, 06:26:PM »
OK. I had other things on my mind in 1981 ;D ;D
And me!!   ;D

Offline Jane

« Reply #161 on: October 09, 2017, 06:28:PM »
Ever wondered when Jeremy had a shower? He seems to have neglected mentioning it in his list of stuff he did after returning home that evening?

Was there anything to prevent him from showering at WHF after the murders? Any blood residue left behind could have been blamed on Sheila. There seems to be a question mark over whether the shower had been used and several have claimed her hair was wet, although I don't believe it was and it's never been confirmed.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #162 on: October 09, 2017, 06:29:PM »
The author Carol Ann Lee interviewed Dr. Hugh Cameron Ferguson in 2013, where he explained that Sheila admitted to taking cannabis and cocaine "in a social context".

Offline Kaldin

• Veteran Member
« Reply #163 on: October 09, 2017, 06:29:PM »

Why would she be wearing her watch? Most people take their watch off to shower, and they don't put it back on when they put nightwear on.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #164 on: October 09, 2017, 06:49:PM »
Was there anything to prevent him from showering at WHF after the murders? Any blood residue left behind could have been blamed on Sheila. There seems to be a question mark over whether the shower had been used and several have claimed her hair was wet, although I don't believe it was and it's never been confirmed.

That's not what I meant. After a hard day on the farm it should have been one of the first things he mentioned, but he didn't, he remembered TV programmes and having a snack but doesn't mention having a shower. Usually you have a shower before going to bed, if he didn't go to bed ........
Few people have the imagination for reality