Author Topic: What clothes was Sheila wearing in the evening ...  (Read 26270 times)

Offline sherlock

Re: What clothes was Sheila wearing in the evening ...
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2017, 08:04:PM »
Leggings -other than having two legs- bear no resemblance to peddle pushers/Capri pants.

I have googled it and today in 2017 you can buy "peddle pusher leggings" and "capri leggings"

So unless things were different in 1986 then surely what was seen hanging up was what Sheila was wearing on the shopping trip ?

Offline Jane

« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2017, 08:04:PM »
Could the leggings found in soak be described as peddle pushers/capri pants ?

Could any of the clothes on the bed in the photo be described as peddle pushers/capri pants ?

I don't recall that there were any of Sheila's clothes -other than the knicks- in soak. The trousers were the boys. However, I'm not 100% certain.

Offline sherlock

« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2017, 08:05:PM »
Off the top of my head, I'd say around 3pm. I say this because afterwards they visited an old lady who was a friend of Junes, for tea, I believe. Tea would be taken at 4pm. It's a little ritual which is still adhered to by the elderly genteel.

I was brought up with the tea ritual  ;)

Offline sherlock

« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2017, 08:08:PM »
It applies to everyone. The topic is rather pointless don't you think?

Every detail however small regarding the last known movements of the deceased are normally considered potentially relevant.

Offline Jane

« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2017, 08:08:PM »
I have googled it and today in 2017 you can buy "peddle pusher leggings" and "capri leggings"

So unless things were different in 1986 then surely what was seen hanging up was what Sheila was wearing on the shopping trip ?

I was wearing leggings in 1986. I'm the same height as Sheila and at the time around the same weight. my leggings fell just short of my ankle. Sometimes I wore them with stilettos. Sometimes I wore them with boots. Capri pants, from memory and not something I ever wore, were more calf length.

Offline lookout

« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2017, 08:10:PM »

So was I,surrounded by antimacassars and aspidistras.

Offline sherlock

« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2017, 08:12:PM »
I was wearing leggings in 1986. I'm the same height as Sheila and at the time around the same weight. my leggings fell just short of my ankle. Sometimes I wore them with stilettos. Sometimes I wore them with boots. Capri pants, from memory and not something I ever wore, were more calf length.

They sound very similar though ...

Easily the sort of thing a male shop assistant could describe them as ?

By the way I am guessing their tea took at least an hour ?

So they did not leave the lady until say 5 pm - getting home at about maybe 5.30 pm ?

Do you know what time supper started in the Farm that evening ?

Offline Jane

« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2017, 08:15:PM »

It was adhered to very strictly by rather grand Great Aunts and Uncles. I can still recall the tinkling sound of fine bone china cups being set down on their saucers and breaking the silence.

Offline sherlock

« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2017, 08:18:PM »

So was I,surrounded by antimacassars and aspidistras.

My "grand mother" that I used to enjoy the tea ceremony with in my child hood was an expert and an author on plants funnily enough ...

Offline David1819

« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2017, 08:20:PM »
Every detail however small regarding the last known movements of the deceased are normally considered potentially relevant.

I'm talking about the shopping trips with June  ::)

Anyway, Sheila was wearing her watch, earing's and a neckless at the time of massacre. That may be of interest to you because its rather odd for people to wear those while asleep.

Offline sherlock

« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2017, 08:21:PM »
My "grand mother" that I used to enjoy the tea ceremony with in my child hood was an expert and an author on plants funnily enough ...

Anyway my conclusion is that Sheila was wearing the "leggings" that were hanging up on the shopping trip and until at least roughly 5.30 pm that afternoon ....

Does anyone disagree with that based on the evidence ?

Offline lookout

« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2017, 08:24:PM »

I never knew any grandparents,they were all dead before I was born,but my great aunts lived this way.

Offline Stephanie

• Veteran Member
  • The facts leading to the Simon Hall confession
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2017, 08:26:PM »

Anyway, Sheila was wearing her watch, earing's and a neckless at the time of massacre. That may be of interest to you because its rather odd for people to wear those while asleep.

What about her ring?

SH's victim also had her watch on which led to the same conclusions you are making now with Sheila

“The only people who are mad at you for telling the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep telling the truth"

Offline sherlock

« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2017, 08:28:PM »

Personally I do not think Sheila slept that night ....

My memory is that in 1985 most people took their watches off at least ...

I think if she had been asleep she would have been shot in the head in her sleep ....

Her bed did not look like it had been slept in ...

Plus how could anyone including Jeremy get into the Farm without the dog/s going crazy ?

Every thing seems to point towards her not being asleep at any point ...

Offline sherlock

« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2017, 08:30:PM »
What about her ring?

SH's victim also had her watch on which led to the same conclusions you are making now with Sheila

Where was her ring ?