Author Topic: did brett colins really speak to claire powel.  (Read 20326 times)

Offline Steve_uk

Re: did brett colins really speak to claire powel.
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2017, 04:05:PM »
There's an insight into Sheila and the Maida Vale set, which makes me think she's familiar with that environment. It's a good read and though much of it is second hand Powell does bring the story alive in a way Asne Seierstadt for example fails to do with Brievik, however much she strives to make her book appear more than a journalistic report.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 04:11:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2017, 04:12:PM »
I belive she got the allegations from of bisexuality from rwb dairys and embellished on them that does not necasrly mean she ever met rwb though.

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2017, 04:20:PM »
I belive she got the allegations from of bisexuality from rwb dairys and embellished on them that does not necasrly mean she ever met rwb though.
She would have read them for the book but she does quote Brett in the "Growing Up" chapter that he (Brett) "admitted that Jeremy was bisexual", which does seem to suggest that Claire talked to him himself, or had other sources close to Jeremy.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 04:28:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline Steve_uk

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2017, 04:22:PM »
John Fielding is mentioned as the boy whom Jeremy went to the Suzy Quatro concert with. I don't know if he has anything further to add about their schooldays together.

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2017, 05:06:PM »
Why do you say Wendy is elusive and what evidence are you referring to?

This is Wendy right?
http://www.gazette-news.co.uk/author/profile/4746.Wendy_Brading/

The evidence referred to is suggestive rather than anything conclusive, Hartley.
    In a nutshell: "Claire Powell" claims to have interviewed JB in researching the book.
    From letters posted elsewhere on this forum between Roger Wilkes and Mike, RW refers to Wendy Brading's visits to JB.
    These visits are in the relevant time frame: ie. in the year or so prior to the release of the "Claire Powell" book.
     "Claire Powell" is almost certainly a pseudonym given the complete absence of any other referral or mention of him/her anywhere else.
     Wilkes visits and letters were about the book he was at that time writing and his knowledge of Wendy Brading's visits suggests the possibility that WB was visiting JB for the same reasons that RW was.
     My referral to Wendy's elusiveness was that until a couple of years ago it was impossible to find much info about her despite being a journalist for many years. There were no pics or bios of her.
     It is also notable that WB has written for many years and she is almost always the writer of JB stories in the local papers of that area.

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2017, 06:45:PM »
    The evidence referred to is suggestive rather than anything conclusive, Hartley.
    In a nutshell: "Claire Powell" claims to have interviewed JB in researching the book.
    From letters posted elsewhere on this forum between Roger Wilkes and Mike, RW refers to Wendy Brading's visits to JB.
    These visits are in the relevant time frame: ie. in the year or so prior to the release of the "Claire Powell" book.
     "Claire Powell" is almost certainly a pseudonym given the complete absence of any other referral or mention of him/her anywhere else.
     Wilkes visits and letters were about the book he was at that time writing and his knowledge of Wendy Brading's visits suggests the possibility that WB was visiting JB for the same reasons that RW was.
     My referral to Wendy's elusiveness was that until a couple of years ago it was impossible to find much info about her despite being a journalist for many years. There were no pics or bios of her.
     It is also notable that WB has written for many years and she is almost always the writer of JB stories in the local papers of that area.

mind as we cant be sure who powel is we dont know if she ever spolke to jb at all she may have made that up for all we know.

Offline nugnug

« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2017, 01:05:AM »

if it is wendy brading im certan she has not had contact with brett colins.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 10:49:PM by nugnug »

Offline lookout

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2017, 08:11:AM »
John Fielding is mentioned as the boy whom Jeremy went to the Suzy Quatro concert with. I don't know if he has anything further to add about their schooldays together.

Fielding rings a bell,unless it's a different one of course as a Fielding was past editor of a newspaper ?

Offline Jane

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2017, 08:18:AM »

Fielding rings a bell,unless it's a different one of course as a Fielding was past editor of a newspaper ?

I'm sure it does. There's a famous actor Sir John Fielding. It's hardly an uncommon name, is it?

Offline lookout

« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2017, 08:35:AM »
I'm sure it does. There's a famous actor Sir John Fielding. It's hardly an uncommon name, is it?

I know that but it occurred to me that the said editor had been in cahoots with that other obnoxious individual,McKenzie, who joined in with EP and co. for a " knees-up " when JB had been convicted.

Offline Jane

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2017, 08:43:AM »

I know that but it occurred to me that the said editor had been in cahoots with that other obnoxious individual,McKenzie, who joined in with EP and co. for a " knees-up " when JB had been convicted.

Wasn't he the journalist who Jeremy spoke to about the "Sheila" pictures?

Offline lookout

« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2017, 09:07:AM »
Wasn't he the journalist who Jeremy spoke to about the "Sheila" pictures?

Yes,that's the one,a backstabber if it was the same Fielding " friend ". Who needs enemies ?

Offline Jane

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2017, 09:29:AM »

Yes,that's the one,a backstabber if it was the same Fielding " friend ". Who needs enemies ?

So I guess it settles that it's not the same guy who was at school with Jeremy.

Offline nugnug

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2017, 11:00:AM »
his name is fielder not fielding.

Offline lookout

« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2017, 11:09:AM »
Thanks nugs,you're right.