Author Topic: Why Did JB Have His Category Status Downgraded So Quickly By Prison Authoritys  (Read 2011 times)

Offline JackieD

Always been a mystery, and there must be a reason and JB was a high profile prisoner

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
This might help.
"Truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."

"The idea that he could invent a tale of a killing spree by a mentally disturbed woman to be lent credibility by further violent episodes over the following decades is hard to credit."

Offline lookout

Jackie,didn't the relatives kick up a stink about this and RWB wrote a stiff letter to EP telling them what he thought of the justice system-------afterwards,the local MP joined in and had his/her say,on behalf of the family ? The old chestnut of them " all living in fear " came into play as well.
I wonder why that had such an impact,yet nobody will budge when it comes to asking for documents/files !

Offline Steve_uk

• Veteran Member
What in practical terms is the difference between making escape "impossible" and "very difficult"?

Offline Jane J

Jackie,didn't the relatives kick up a stink about this and RWB wrote a stiff letter to EP telling them what he thought of the justice system-------afterwards,the local MP joined in and had his/her say,on behalf of the family ? The old chestnut of them " all living in fear " came into play as well.
I wonder why that had such an impact,yet nobody will budge when it comes to asking for documents/files !

I thought it was only prisoners who were heading towards release who were downgraded. The presiding judge said, when he sentenced Jeremy that he was handing down a MINIMUM of 25 years but it remained to be seen whether he was ever considered safe enough to release.

Offline JackieD

Well the experts in the prison obviously came to the conclusion that JB should be downgraded

Offline lookout

Well the experts in the prison obviously came to the conclusion that JB should be downgraded

Yes,because of RWB's letter of complaint. I wonder if those relatives have found another" pillar of strength " in readiness for the next appeal.

Offline Jane J

I think you'll find that it WELL beyond a prison officer's -even a prison governor's- remit, to countermand the instructions of a Crown Court judge. Jeremy was not being prepared parole or release.

Offline JackieD

I thought it was only prisoners who were heading towards release who were downgraded. The presiding judge said, when he sentenced Jeremy that he was handing down a MINIMUM of 25 years but it remained to be seen whether he was ever considered safe enough to release.

As you know well if the judge had known about the before trial deal with the NOW he would have directed the jury in a different way

Offline Steve_uk

• Veteran Member
As you know well if the judge had known about the before trial deal with the NOW he would have directed the jury in a different way
Oh and would you have informed the jury that Anji Greaves was waiting at the Dorchester with Jeremy's deal? http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=3189.0

Offline Jane J

There's that magic word again -IF- never has such a small word carried such huge potential. The judge, very properly, directed the jury, using the information he had at the time.

Offline ngb1066

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
Oh and would you have informed the jury that Anji Greaves was waiting at the Dorchester with Jeremy's deal? http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=3189.0

It is perfectly permissible for a defendant to conclude a deal with the press at any stage, but totally illegal for a prosecution witness to conclude a deal before a verdict in a trial.  There are very good reasons for the distinction between the two which have been explained in earlier posts on this forum.

Offline Steve_uk

• Veteran Member
It is perfectly permissible for a defendant to conclude a deal with the press at any stage, but totally illegal for a prosecution witness to conclude a deal before a verdict in a trial.  There are very good reasons for the distinction between the two which have been explained in earlier posts on this forum.

That's not the point, which is whether the jury should be privy to all such deals, whether concluded by a prosecution witness or the defendant.

Offline Adam

Julie did make a verbal deal with the NOTW prior to the verdict. The NOTW apptoached her.

Nothing was signed until after the verdict. The NOTW were only going to sign a contract with Julie if Bamber was found guilty.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline susan

Julie did make a verbal deal with the NOTW prior to the verdict. The NOTW apptoached her.

Nothing was signed until after the verdict. The NOTW were only going to sign a contract with Julie if Bamber was found guilty.

Adam you obviously did not read the post made by NGB yesterday the contract was a contract whether signed or not it was made before the trial.