Author Topic: Studying Nevill's 11 words in his 4 second phone call.  (Read 658 times)

Offline lookout

Re: Studying Nevill's 11 words in his 6 second phone call.
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2017, 11:22:AM »
No but why should that prevent me from forming an opinion of my own? From what Jane writes on this site most local people consider him guilty anyway.

Essex is a big place where no guilters who live there can state that the majority find him guilty.

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2017, 11:41:AM »
How long would it take a concerned Nevill to say 11 words. Five minutes with a 27 second gap between each word ?

No. It does not matter, but at least you now imply that the call happened.
"Truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."

"The idea that he could invent a tale of a killing spree by a mentally disturbed woman to be lent credibility by further violent episodes over the following decades is hard to credit."

Offline lookout

Re: Studying Nevill's 11 words in his 4 second phone call.
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2017, 11:47:AM »
Connections weren't digital in those days,so timings were nowhere near as accurate as today. I wouldn't have been counting in " seconds " unless I was desperate to counter another argument.

Offline Adam

« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2017, 11:53:AM »
No. It does not matter, but at least you now imply that the call happened.

Of course the phone call happened. How else would Bamber have found out there was 'something wrong at the farm'.

Anyway, a wait by Nevill of up to 5 minutes before spending 4 seconds saying 11 words & then putting the phone down,  must surely be breaking all sorts of records.

Lookout saying Nevill's call was because Sheila ordered him to phone Bamber at rifle point, is so far the only suggestion. Although this does not explain why only 4 seconds.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 12:00:PM by Adam »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline susan

« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2017, 12:35:PM »
No but why should that prevent me from forming an opinion of my own? From what Jane writes on this site most local people consider him guilty anyway.

Steve originally Jane was on the innocent stance along with me and others what would all the people who knew the Bambers have said to her then I recall one person told her they thought June was the culprit so the moral of the story is we cannot generalise.  Local people would have mixed emotions I am sure.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2017, 12:41:PM »
Steve originally Jane was on the innocent stance along with me and others what would all the people who knew the Bambers have said to her then I recall one person told her they thought June was the culprit so the moral of the story is we cannot generalise.  Local people would have mixed emotions I am sure.
Of course they would susan, some local people may have disliked JB or the family for various reasons, small town and village gossip should never be taken seriously as it is hardly every based on true facts.

Offline Adam

« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2017, 05:00:PM »
No one has given an explanation of why Nevill only spent 4 seconds speaking to Bamber. After waiting up to 5 minutes for an answer & then spending 5 minutes speaking to the police.

Therefore this thread has to go into the library.

It is undisputed forensic  evidence given by Bamber himself. It is also incriminating evidence & the judge in his summing up called the phone call 'mysterious'. The evidence would have been discussed by the jury.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 05:01:PM by Adam »

Offline Jan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2017, 07:53:PM »
No one has given an explanation of why Nevill only spent 4 seconds speaking to Bamber. After waiting up to 5 minutes for an answer & then spending 5 minutes speaking to the police.

It is undisputed forensic  evidence given by Bamber himself. It is also incriminating evidence & the judge in his summing up called the phone call 'mysterious'. The evidence would have been discussed by the jury.

This is not forensic evidence . So therefore I assume your other 200 items are not either .

Offline Jan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2017, 08:01:PM »
Criminalistics is the application of various sciences to answer questions relating to examination and comparison of biological evidence, trace evidence, impression evidence (such as fingerprints, footwear impressions, and tire tracks), controlled substances, ballistics, firearm and toolmark examination, and other evidence in criminal investigations. In typical circumstances evidence is processed in a crime lab

You had better revisit you 200 pieces of forensic evidence one by one . We will help if you want . Would not want you posting false information .

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2017, 10:07:PM »

Hang on, I don't understand where you got the 4 second call' from Neville to Jeremy?

How do you know the call in question only lasted 4 seconds?

This is the first I have heard of this in roughly three decades of analysing the case...
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline Jan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2017, 10:31:PM »
Hang on, I don't understand where you got the 4 second call' from Neville to Jeremy?

This is the first I have heard of this in roughly three decades of analysing the case...

He doesn't . End of .

Offline Adam

« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2017, 01:58:PM »

Time yourself saying the 11 words at average speaking rate.

Although I suspect Nevill said the words quicker than average due to the urgency.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 02:06:PM by Adam »

Offline Adam

« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2017, 02:04:PM »
Another 'mysterious' thing about Nevill's 4 second call, is that after putting the phone down he left it off the hook. So Bamber could not phone back.

Nevill 30 minutes later spent at least 5 minutes speaking to the police on the phone. According to Bamber. Nevill again leaving the phone off the hook.

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2017, 02:18:PM »
Another 'mysterious' thing about Nevill's 4 second call, is that after putting the phone down he left it off the hook. So Bamber could not phone back.

Nevill 30 minutes later spent at least 5 minutes speaking to the police on the phone. According to Bamber. Nevill again leaving the phone off the hook.

He rang Jeremy once around 3:15am that's it.
"Truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."

"The idea that he could invent a tale of a killing spree by a mentally disturbed woman to be lent credibility by further violent episodes over the following decades is hard to credit."

Offline Adam

« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2017, 02:21:PM »
He rang Jeremy once around 3:15am that's it.

I know. For 4 seconds before putting the phone down & leaving it off the hook so Bamber couldn't phone back.

How helpful.