Author Topic: Could Bamber have pretended to be Nevill on the phone ?  (Read 220 times)

Online lookout

Re: Could Bamber have pretended to be Nevill on the phone ?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2017, 08:46:PM »
If Bamber became a suspect & the audio's had not been deleted, yes.

But as mentioned Bamber would have sounded different when pretending to be Nevill.

Aren't police trained to detect someone who's pretending or imitating someone else ?
The audio's weren't deleted immediately.They would have been listened to beforehand.

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2017, 08:53:PM »
The 5th paragraph in my thread post says 'no'.

well if neviles call dident happen how could jeremy have prended to be him.

Offline Adam

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2017, 08:54:PM »

Aren't police trained to detect someone who's pretending or imitating someone else ?
The audio's weren't deleted immediately.They would have been listened to beforehand.

To the police, Nevill (Bamber) ringing them & then the police ringing Bamber makes Bamber less of a suspect.

However if Bamber did become a suspect, the phone call audios would be scrutinised.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Steve_uk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2017, 08:55:PM »
I suppose the implication is that Police would have come to the Farm leaving Jeremy to be informed at a later stage, having made this call in Nevill's name and then hurried back to Bourtree Cottage.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:58:PM by Steve_uk »

Offline Adam

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2017, 08:57:PM »

The word 'could' is asking if Bamber had the option & weather it could have succeeded.

Offline Adam

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2017, 09:04:PM »
I suppose the implication is that Police would have come to the Farm leaving Jeremy to be informed at a later stage, having made this call in Nevill's name and then hurried back to Bourtree Cottage.

Or done what I said in reply 8. At that time phone bills were not itemised. So he had the option to make both calls from his cottage.

Offline Steve_uk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2017, 09:23:PM »
Or done what I said in reply 8. At that time phone bills were not itemised. So he had the option to make both calls from his cottage.
I think there's too many words needed in that scenario. That's why the fictitious call Jeremy invented from father to son had to be cut short, in order to create a simple story. Jeremy wanted a record of a telephone call from White House Farm anyway, which is why he mentioned this to Julie and did telephone his answerphone, then hurried back to Bourtree Cottage.

Offline Adam

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2017, 09:34:PM »
I think there's too many words needed in that scenario. That's why the fictitious call Jeremy invented from father to son had to be cut short, in order to create a simple story. Jeremy wanted a record of a telephone call from White House Farm anyway, which is why he mentioned this to Julie and did telephone his answerphone, then hurried back to Bourtree Cottage.

Yes Bamber would have to have had the confidence to pretend to be Nevill for several minutes. Persuading them to attend WHF.

Instead he just rang the police as himself & claimed Nevill had said 11 words to him.

Offline Jan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2017, 10:08:PM »

That is not a fact as has never been proven . That's your supposition. Nothing more .

Offline Jan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2017, 10:11:PM »
You have got me this time Adam

I am not getting the point of this thread at all ?

Are you trying to say Jeremy had a bad plan ?

Jeremy did not understand the phone system ?

If there turns out to be a second call then Jeremy is responsible ( covering all bases )  ???

All just trying to beat your own record of threads created .

Offline Adam

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2017, 10:58:PM »
You have got me this time Adam

I am not getting the point of this thread at all ?

Are you trying to say Jeremy had a bad plan ?

Jeremy did not understand the phone system ?

If there turns out to be a second call then Jeremy is responsible ( covering all bases )  ???

All just trying to beat your own record of threads created .

It's a thread for discussion & has created good discussion.

Bamber took the easiest route. Ringing the police & telling them Nevill had said 11words to him before the phone went dead.

Ringing the police & pretending he was Nevill. Then asking the police to ring his son was more difficult. But may have made Bamber look less guilty.

However ringing Julie at 3am would have again been a nightmare for Bamber if he became a suspect.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 11:05:PM by Adam »

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2017, 01:07:AM »
The biggest irony of this topic is the fact that Jeremy's phone call to the police is actually absurdly believed by some to be Nevill.

So the answer to your question is, yes. Bamber does not even have to try and pretended to be Nevill.
"Truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."

"The idea that he could invent a tale of a killing spree by a mentally disturbed woman to be lent credibility by further violent episodes over the following decades is hard to credit."

Online petey

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2017, 01:59:AM »
Perhaps JB's real downfall was in trying to engineer an alibi by inventing a phone call from Neville.
100% agree if he is guilty

Offline lebaleb

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2017, 08:49:AM »
If the police had caller ID; the technology existed at that time. Then Jeremy would have to make the call by  Neville from WHF then rush back to Goldhanger to make his own call. Not a clever plan.

Online lookout

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2017, 08:51:AM »
In view of the enormity of the case,it would have been a bit naff to have invented a phone-call ?