Author Topic: Is the Earth flat, or round, or both, but not spherical?  (Read 39739 times)

guest2181

Re: Is the Earth flat, or round?
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2017, 10:22:AM »
That's a good answer, and one I wouldn't dispute. It seems that gravity causes planet formation and causes them to be approximately spherical, though with slight flattening if they're spinning.

However, it raises an interesting question: how come some galaxies are round whilst others, including our own, are distinctly flattened?

Maybe they don't spin, or spin at a lower velocity?  :-\

Offline Caroline

Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Reader

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2017, 02:04:PM »
The drop would be just short of 67 feet over that distance
How did you calculate that? It seems far too small.

Offline gringo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2017, 10:57:PM »
How did you calculate that? It seems far too small.
   Hi, Reader, in a nutshell, the earth curves at approximately 8 inches per mile. This is not disputed as it is based on proven mathematic knowledge. If you are interested here is a link to the formula but a quick search will find you many more links and evidence.

http://mathcentral.uregina.ca/qq/database/qq.09.97/dyck2.html

The calculation shown in the picture is nonsense and is presented without explanation. Quite why we are expected to believe that squaring a distance given in miles, then inexplicably dividing it by 8/12 and then converting the answer from miles to feet would somehow give the answer is not explained.
    As an aside no equation would ever have 8/12 as a number because it would always be written as 2/3, it's most simplified form. Whoever did the calculation doesn't understand the maths correctly.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 12:46:PM by gringo »

Offline Caroline

guest7363

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2017, 09:30:PM »

Offline lookout

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2017, 10:10:PM »
Is the earth flat or round ? Depends how drunk you are.

Offline Reader

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2017, 04:15:AM »
. . .  in a nutshell, the earth curves at approximately 8 inches per mile. This is not disputed . . .
Although the drop is about 8 inches for each mile considered individually, the cumulative drop over a longer distance is not found correctly by multiplying the number of miles by 8 inches.

Using the (nested) linked method for distances considerably larger than a mile, 3963 miles for the radius of the earth (including the height of the bridge) and 51.2 miles for half the length of the bridge, the drop is 3963 miles less than the square root of (3963^2 + 51.2^2) miles (where "^2" means "squared"). Using a calculator, this gives 0.331 miles. This means that observers at an altitude of 0.331 miles at each end of the bridge can only just see each other (ignoring any lensing effect of the atmosphere) across the midpoint of the bridge if the bridge follows the curvature of the earth.

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2018, 09:34:AM »
Is the earth flat or round ? Depends how drunk you are.

Oh, no, it doesn't...

I have been doing extensive research into this matter, and I am now not 100% sure that the earth is a flat earth!

It might depend on what is meant by 'flat earth'...

The surface of the earth is not obviously entirely flat...

I beleive that the earth is somewhat flat, but also, or alternatively concaved, and that there is a dome above the surface of the earth! We have been deceived by those who I shall refer to as the 'fallen angels', they have lied to and deceived the public at large regarding this issue - I don't beleive there are any satellites, the Americans did not go to the moon, its all bunkum!!

« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 10:20:AM by mike tesko »
"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when we first practice to deceive"...

Offline Caroline

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2018, 01:01:PM »
Oh, no, it doesn't...

I have been doing extensive research into this matter, and I am now not 100% sure that the earth is a flat earth!

It might depend on what is meant by 'flat earth'...

The surface of the earth is not obviously entirely flat...

I beleive that the earth is somewhat flat, but also, or alternatively concaved, and that there is a dome above the surface of the earth! We have been deceived by those who I shall refer to as the 'fallen angels', they have lied to and deceived the public at large regarding this issue - I don't beleive there are any satellites, the Americans did not go to the moon, its all bunkum!!

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/index.cfm

Offline Caroline

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2018, 01:38:PM »
Perhaps you would like to discuss your theory with these nu ........ I mean enthusiasts  :o

https://www.tfes.org/

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2018, 02:06:PM »
Perhaps you would like to discuss your theory with these nu ........ I mean enthusiasts  :o

https://www.tfes.org/

You obviously are not taking this subject seriously enough...

Please explain to me in plain and simple english then, how the sun and the moon have been captured on film with clouds both in front and behind them?

Laugh, and scorn all you like, all this does is prove to me that there are many people who are being hoodwinked by these morons who think of themselves as the elite, the new world order, or whatever it is you want to refer to them by or as? The Illuminati, fallen angels, ponces, scumbags, and everything that could be dishonest in the human race...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 02:11:PM by mike tesko »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2018, 02:12:PM »
How can cloud formations have been captured on film footage being in front of, and behind the sun and the moon, if these planets are so far way?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 02:13:PM by mike tesko »

Offline mike tesko

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2018, 02:14:PM »
How can cloud formations have been captured on film footage being in front of, and behind the sun and the moon, if these planets are so far way?

The so called 'elite' have brainwashed the vast majority of the general public, they don't want the public knowing the truth...

Offline Caroline

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2018, 07:05:PM »
You obviously are not taking this subject seriously enough...

Please explain to me in plain and simple english then, how the sun and the moon have been captured on film with clouds both in front and behind them?

Laugh, and scorn all you like, all this does is prove to me that there are many people who are being hoodwinked by these morons who think of themselves as the elite, the new world order, or whatever it is you want to refer to them by or as? The Illuminati, fallen angels, ponces, scumbags, and everything that could be dishonest in the human race...

No, you're wrong, I don't take it seriously AT ALL! AND I am certainly NOT a member of the elite but I have studied and practiced navigation which wouldn't work if the earth was flat!