Author Topic: Ian Huntley/Jeremy Bamber: Similarities.  (Read 292 times)

Offline Adam

Re: Ian Huntley/Jeremy Bamber: Similarities.
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 12:57:PM »
this fucking desprate beyound belief trying to prove somones guilt by comparing them to another killer.

There is no denying that they both behaved in similar ways after the massacre. As my posts have shown.

Both would still be free men if the police had not made 'forensic & circumstantial evidence breakthrough's'.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Adam

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2017, 01:02:PM »
One big difference is that there is a lot more incriminating evidence against Bamber. Although I have not studied the Huntley case in detail.

Despite this Huntley confessed to being responsible while Bamber has always said he is innocent.

As other people have said, Bamber likes the attention & has nothing better to do. A pity for the tax payers though.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 01:20:PM by Adam »

Offline Adam

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 04:19:PM by Adam »

Offline Jan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2017, 06:59:PM »
this xxxxxxx desprate beyound belief trying to prove somones guilt by comparing them to another killer.

Why does he feel the need to when there is all the forensic evidence ? Oh yes because it does not exist.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 07:07:PM by maggie »

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2017, 07:11:PM »
One big difference is that there is a lot more incriminating evidence against Bamber. Although I have not studied the Huntley case in detail.

Despite this Huntley confessed to being responsible while Bamber has always said he is innocent.

As other people have said, Bamber likes the attention & has nothing better to do. A pity for the tax payers though.
One big difference is that they are two completely different people, their backgrounds and the crimes committed were completely different.  Huntley is an acknowledged paedophile and psychopath, Jeremy Bamber is not acknowledged to be either.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 07:12:PM by maggie »

Offline Jane J

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2017, 07:21:PM »
One big difference is that they are two completely different people, their backgrounds and the crimes committed were completely different.  Huntley is an acknowledged paedophile and psychopath, Jeremy Bamber is not acknowledged to be either.

Yes. That's a huge consideration. I think there's a conception, by some, that these crimes just happened out of the ether, when, in fact, they were years -very different years in each case- in the making.

Offline Adam

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2017, 07:42:PM »

I said that in reply 12.

The thread post & other posts in the thread shows there are a lot of similarities.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 07:44:PM by Adam »

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2017, 08:05:PM »
I said that in reply 12.

The thread post & other posts in the thread shows there are a lot of similarities.
No they don't.

Offline Adam

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2017, 08:12:PM »
There were several similarities here -

Both Huntley & Bamber said prior to being arrested, they were the last person to see the victims alive.

Neither person had to tell the police they were the last person to see them alive.

Both killed children.

Both still protest innocence to varying degrees. Bamber as 'not guilty', Huntley saying both murders were accidential.

Both were successful in some areas of the cover up.

Both made big mistakes in other areas of the cover up.

Both told their girlfriends.

Both had girlfriends who were part of the prosecution.

Both were keen to engage with the police prior to being charged.

Both gave the police misleading information.

Both were keen to engage with the media prior to being charged.

Both knew the victims beforehand.

Both opportunistic crimes. Huntley being spontaneous in using his opportunity.

Both crimes were avoidable but committed due to the choice of the individual.

Both Huntley & Bamber were in their 20's. Had jobs, a girlfriend, a property & car. Both risked all of that for warped & twisted reasons.

Both would still be free men if the police had not made 'forensic & circumstantial evidence breakthrough's'.

Both Huntley & Bamber have supporters.

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2017, 08:18:PM »
Huntley has admitted to the crime. There was no clear motive at all.

It's stupid to compare the two.
"Truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."

"The idea that he could invent a tale of a killing spree by a mentally disturbed woman to be lent credibility by further violent episodes over the following decades is hard to credit."

Offline Adam

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2017, 08:33:PM »
Huntley has admitted to the crime. There was no clear motive at all.

It's stupid to compare the two.

Huntley's motive was that he was sick & attracted to under age girls. Bamber was an inheritance killer.

Both were evil & callous almost beyond belief.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 08:34:PM by Adam »

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2017, 10:39:PM »
Why does he feel the need to when there is all the forensic evidence ? Oh yes because it does not exist.

;)
"Truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."

"The idea that he could invent a tale of a killing spree by a mentally disturbed woman to be lent credibility by further violent episodes over the following decades is hard to credit."

Offline Jan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2017, 11:11:PM »
Huntley's motive was that he was sick & attracted to under age girls. Bamber was an inheritance killer.

Both were evil & callous almost beyond belief.

Yes we know what the judge said thank you .

But that is no reason to make comparisons between the case .

Offline Adam

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2017, 12:11:PM »
Yes we know what the judge said thank you .

But that is no reason to make comparisons between the case .

My thread post has 18 reasons why there are similarities. Nothing to do with the judge.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 12:14:PM by Adam »

Offline Jan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2017, 08:30:PM »
There were several similarities here -

Both Huntley & Bamber said prior to being arrested, they were the last person to see the victims alive.

Neither person had to tell the police they were the last person to see them alive. ??? They did if they were ?

Both killed children.  Unfortunately  murders of children do happen

Both still protest innocence to varying degrees. Bamber as 'not guilty', Huntley saying both murders were accidential. That is not the same as saying you were innocent and not even at the crime scene , not even remotely similar

Both were successful in some areas of the cover up.   Jeremy may not have been covering up  ;D

Both made big mistakes in other areas of the cover up.  . Yes why did Jeremy tell his grilfriend after dumping her ?

Both told their girlfriends.  big difference allegedly Jeremy told Julie BEFORE the murders

Both had girlfriends who were part of the prosecution. Was Maxine a prosecution witness even though prosecuted? Gosh that means Julie could have faced  charges as well ?

Both were keen to engage with the police prior to being charged.  ? In Jeremy's case he was outside the crime scene he may not have had much choice ?

Both gave the police misleading information.  Debatable  , what lies did Jeremy tell the police outside the house ? Sheila did have a serious illness , his father did have guns that were not in a locked cupboard , his sister did know how to fire a gun? His sister had had episodes of violence?

Both were keen to engage with the media prior to being charged. Can you show me the press interviews with Jeremy between the crime and being arrested ? How many were there ? He did not appear on news reports? So clarify ?

Both knew the victims beforehand. . . .
The most tenuous connection, a lot of murderers know their victims

Both opportunistic crimes. Huntley being spontaneous in using his opportunity. . .? As he has never admitted what happened this may not be true and Julie said Jeremy planned his crime , several times .

Both crimes were avoidable but committed due to the choice of the individual.  ;D I think this applies to every crime  ;D

Both Huntley & Bamber were in their 20's. Had jobs, a girlfriend, a property & car. Both risked all of that for warped & twisted reasons.  . I thought you said Jeremy has nothing really hence the motive.

Both would still be free men if the police had not made 'forensic & circumstantial evidence breakthrough's'.? I don think it was the police ? More like the family

Both Huntley & Bamber have supporters. . Can neither confirm or deny

Both have been attacked in prison by other prisoners.. yes that happens to a lot of prisoners so not really a link