Author Topic: Maxine Carr/Julie Mugford. Differences.  (Read 7727 times)

Offline Adam

Maxine Carr/Julie Mugford. Differences.
« on: August 07, 2017, 09:35:AM »
Maxine Carr was prosecuted & spent 18 months in prison for perverting the course of justice. Posters have said if Maxine Carr was prosecuted, so should Julie have been. However there are a lot of differences -

Carr gave Huntley a false alibi which she maintained for weeks.  She was over a 100 miles away when Huntley committed her crime.

Carr asked Huntley not to go to the police as she may lose her teaching job. She would have maintained her false alibi for weeks, months or years unless the police found out.

Carr helped clean Huntley's property where the murders took place after the murders.

Carr helped dispose of the two bodies.

Carr said it was her idea to give a false alibi.

Carr did not approach the police to tell them the truth. The police got forensic evidence against Huntley & Carr confessed over 11 days later.

Huntley told Carr he was responsible, rather than a third person.

The police got Carr's & then Huntley's confessions. They did not need Carr to assist them as a prosecuting witness for a man pleading 'not guilty'. 

Huntleys crime was spontaneous & not planned. He had not spent 18 months telling Carr of his plans & reasons. The police did not need Carr to tell the jury of this, as they did with Julie.

Huntley had confessed pre trial, rather than pleaded not guilty. All that remained to be discussed was whether it was deliberate or not. Carr could not assist them here as she was not present when the murders took place.

Carr had not told anyone else what she knew & there is no evidence she was building up to approach the police & make a confession.

Huntley did not insist Carr spent all her time with him after the murders & did not take her abroad.

Carr was interviewed on television prior to Huntley being a suspect.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 03:04:PM by Adam »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Jane

Re: Maxine Carr/Julie Mugford
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 09:39:AM »
I had no idea that she'd helped him dispose of the bodies. I can't remember the time frame but I do recall that she was away when it occurred.

Offline Adam

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 10:00:AM »
'Mrs Clift said in a statement: "The car boot was open and both of them appeared to be looking into it. Maxine was sobbing and Ian just looked really thin and pale."

When they saw Mrs Clift looking at them, Huntley closed the boot. Later when police seized the car they found that the factory-fitted carpet had been replaced with a roughly cut piece of house carpet. Huntley and Carr's house was also extensively cleaned.'

On reading this again, this took place after Huntley had disposed of the bodies. I suspect there may have been blood or clothes in the car boot which made Carr upset. The clothes were later found near Huntley's property.

Carr may have also helped Huntley clean his car.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 10:06:AM by Adam »

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 10:02:AM »
I had no idea that she'd helped him dispose of the bodies. I can't remember the time frame but I do recall that she was away when it occurred.
Neither had I, I know she covered for him afterwards but thought that was as far as it went. Always felt she had a bit of a rough deal.

Offline Adam

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 10:10:AM »
https://youtu.be/8PRKBInjg_I

Notice Carr does not look up or into the eyes of the interviewer.

Offline Adam

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 10:30:AM »
Carr only spent 18 months in prison.

The police could have attempted to prosecute Julie. If successful she may have got a 3 month suspended sentence. 

However the police may have been unsuccessful in prosecuting Julie as she had approached them. Bamber was also pleading 'not guilty' so they had to firstly be successful in getting him convicted. A 'not guilty' Bamber means a 'not guilty' Julie.

If the police started prosecuting Julie, she may have gone silent & not said anything. Rather than give a 24 page WS & long court testimony which helped convict Bamber.

The police did the right thing in looking at the big picture & working with Julie rather than against her. The priority was getting justice for the murder of men, women & children.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 10:40:AM by Adam »

Offline Jane

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 10:32:AM »
Neither had I, I know she covered for him afterwards but thought that was as far as it went. Always felt she had a bit of a rough deal.

As did I.

Offline Jane

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 10:34:AM »
'Mrs Clift said in a statement: "The car boot was open and both of them appeared to be looking into it. Maxine was sobbing and Ian just looked really thin and pale."

When they saw Mrs Clift looking at them, Huntley closed the boot. Later when police seized the car they found that the factory-fitted carpet had been replaced with a roughly cut piece of house carpet. Huntley and Carr's house was also extensively cleaned.'

On reading this again, this took place after Huntley had disposed of the bodies. I suspect there may have been blood or clothes in the car boot which made Carr upset. The clothes were later found near Huntley's property.

Carr may have also helped Huntley clean his car.

I believe she did help him clean his car.

Offline Adam

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 11:28:AM »
Carr could have gone to the police straight away. If she couldn't do this because she loved Huntley, she could have just kept well out of it & stayed where she was.

However she gave Huntley an alibi, helped clean the crime scenes & spoke to the media. Only confessing after she had no choice.

I don't believe her story about trying to save her teaching career by keeping Huntley free. How would being over 100 miles away from a murder effect it ?

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 12:04:PM by Adam »

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 12:12:PM »
Maxine Carr was prosecuted & spent 18 months in prison for perverting the course of justice. Posters have said if Maxine Carr was prosecuted, so should Julie have been. However there are a lot of differences -

Carr gave Huntley a false alibi which she maintained for 11 days.  She was over a 100 miles away when Huntley committed her crime.

Carr asked Huntley not to go to the police as she may lose her teaching job. She would have maintained her false alibi for weeks, months or years unless the police found out.

Carr helped clean Huntley's property where the murders took place after the murders.

Carr helped dispose of the two bodies.

Carr said it was her idea to give a false alibi.

Carr did not approach the police to tell them the truth. The police got forensic evidence against Huntley & Carr confessed over 11 days later.

Huntley told Carr he was responsible, rather than a third person.

The police got Carr's & then Huntley's confessions. They did not need Carr to assist them as a prosecuting witness for a man pleading 'not guilty'. 

Huntleys crime was spontaneous & not planned. He had not spent 18 months telling Carr of his plans & reasons. The police did not need Carr to tell the jury of this, as they did with Julie.

Huntley had confessed pre trial, rather than pleaded not guilty. All that remained to be discussed was whether it was deliberate or not. Carr could not assist them here as she was not present when the murders took place.

Carr had not told anyone else what she knew & there is no evidence she was building up to approach the police & make a confession.

Huntley did not insist Carr spent all her time with him after the murders & did not take her abroad.

Carr was interviewed on television prior to Huntley being a suspect.

theres a big diffrence in law carr was only an acomplice after the fact.

Offline lookout

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2017, 12:26:PM »
Carr was as bad as Huntley so far as I'm concerned.

Offline Adam

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2017, 01:09:PM »

theres a big diffrence in law carr was only an acomplice after the fact.

I know. She voluntarily gave a false alibi, helped clean the crime scenes & spoke to the media.

Offline lookout

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2017, 01:22:PM »
Whereas JM had the means to flee the country-----as she did so, as though her behind was on fire,then flatly refused to talk to the press in Canada------which was odd considering that she'd screwed the NOTW out of £25,000 !!

Offline nugnug

• http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnnyvoid.wordpress.com%2F&ei=WTdUUo3IM6mY0QWYz4GADg&usg=AFQjCNE-8xtZuPAZ52VkntYOokH5da5MIA&bvm=bv.5353710
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2017, 01:24:PM »
I know. She voluntarily gave a false alibi, helped clean the crime scenes & spoke to the media.

theres no evdence she helped him clean the crime scene thats completly untrue she was convicted of giving a false albi that was all.

and the very big diffrence is maxine gave an albi to somone she thought was innocent mugford if you belive her story was doing it for somone she knew was guilty.

Offline Jane

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2017, 01:29:PM »
Whereas JM had the means to flee the country-----as she did so, as though her behind was on fire,then flatly refused to talk to the press in Canada------which was odd considering that she'd screwed the NOTW out of £25,000 !!

None of which is the exact truth, is it? More, distortion of facts.