Author Topic: Liz Rimmingtons Statements  (Read 4390 times)

Offline Caroline

Re: Liz Rimmingtons Statements
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2017, 12:41:PM »

You'll find that she'd slept with her best friend's boyfriend as well as MM,so the " scorned " conversation would have been the highlight of both women.
Go back 4/5 years and test your memory.

She didn't sleep with MM.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Caroline

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2017, 12:44:PM »
But why would they ? It does seem to me they were trying to get Julie to go to the police and I don't think they would risk telling lies ?

But nothing Julie told them was specific truth about the crime that no one else knew ?

So we are no further forward really .

We are never going to know if Julie got a call tipping her off about Jeremy being in the frame and perhaps taking her down with him.

We just don't have the evidence .

But a member of the family knew didn't he because he let it slip to Colin . Up to that call he did not have a clue.

Why would Julie know something about the crime that no one else knew? She was fed by Bamber who told her a hit man was responsible. Good thing Colin didn't have suspicions or he'd be called a liar too.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2017, 12:46:PM »
So we don't know if she had a grudge against JB
Another one of his conquests???

For what? There is no limits to how many people are supposed to be liars - all having a grudge against the same man? Where are all his friends in this? Who cane forward and argued his corner?

Offline Jan

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2017, 12:48:PM »
Why would Julie know something about the crime that no one else knew? She was fed by Bamber who told her a hit man was responsible. Good thing Colin didn't have suspicions or he'd be called a liar too.

Because if Jeremy had told her what he had done and risked her going to the police at all why give her a load of rubbish .

He would either confess or if he thought she had not cottoned on just keep quiet.

He is either clever or stupid ? Which is it .

Offline Jane

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2017, 12:50:PM »
She didn't sleep with MM.

So I guess,in reality, it doesn't actually matter a toss WHO she slept with. They're determined to pin something on her.

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2017, 12:51:PM »
But she may NOT be interested..............for the same reasons. I really can't see anyone, who was involved at the time, wanting to revisit it. Certainly not publicly.

But none of us know. She might decide she wants to talk about what happened and she might have doubts
How did she feel about the NOTW article?
She didn't do anything wrong did she?
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000

Offline Jan

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2017, 12:53:PM »
None of us actually know what was going on in Julie's mind in those last few days . Except she was upset about being dumped obviously.

But if she wanted to get some form of revenge on Jeremy then would she have thought that mentioning those things to her friends would have resulted in them forcing her to go to the police ? Why did she resist going even when she had told 4 people? Did she hope they might just don him in and give him a bit of a scare ?

Or she was telling the truth and was just to scared to try and explain to the police why she had not come forward earlier ?

Because on that date as far as I understand thenpolice had nothing else concrete to go on except what RB had gone in to tell them?

guest2181

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2017, 12:54:PM »

Because if Jeremy had told her what he had done and risked her going to the police at all why give her a load of rubbish .

He would either confess or if he thought she had not cottoned on just keep quiet.

He is either clever or stupid ? Which is it .

Or perhaps JM started asking questions, ("you did it didn't you?") and JB gave her a story rather than admit he directly carried out the murders.

I don't think we can say with any certainty exactly how this played out. It is however quite feasible that it did.

guest2181

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2017, 12:56:PM »
None of us actually know what was going on in Julie's mind in those last few days . Except she was upset about being dumped obviously.

Do we know how their relationship ended, or why?

Offline Jan

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2017, 12:56:PM »
Or perhaps JM started asking questions, ("you did it didn't you?") and JB gave her a story rather than admit he directly carried out the murders.

I don't think we can say with any certainty exactly how this played out. It is however quite feasible that it did.

Yes I agree . We don't really know her thoughts in those few days . Only what is in her friends statements.

Offline Jan

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2017, 12:59:PM »
Do we know how their relationship ended, or why?

I thought it was several things

Jeremy said she did not like Brett
The call and alleged night spent with Virginia ?

There was apparently big arguments but then he helped her move and they never spoke again?

Offline JackieD

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2017, 12:59:PM »

The only thing that is feasible to me is that Julie Mugford was obsessed with Jeremy, she could not bare the thought of him being with anyone else and as a prolific liar was capable of anything in revenge and to top it off sold the story for fame and fortune posing without knickers
Very classy
Julie Mugford the main prosecution witness was guilty of numerous crimes, 13 separate cheque frauds, robbery, and drug dealing and also making a deal with a national newspaper before trial that if she could convince a jury her ex boyfriend was guilty of five murders she would receive £25,000

Offline Jane

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2017, 01:02:PM »
But none of us know. She might decide she wants to talk about what happened and she might have doubts
How did she feel about the NOTW article?
She didn't do anything wrong did she?

If she wants to talk -NOW? After all these years?- I imagine she'll already have spoken, in confidence, to an appropriate person. The NOTW has no more to do with her than it has to do with us. She probably felt about it the way many of us do, but that's her business, and not, I believe for public consumption. I can only say that if I'd been on the periphery of something so terrible, there's NO way I'd speak publicly about it.

guest2181

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2017, 01:02:PM »
I thought it was several things

Jeremy said she did not like Brett
The call and alleged night spent with Virginia ?

There was apparently big arguments but then he helped her move and they never spoke again?

Ah okay, some of that rings a bell, I haven't read through the statements in ages.

Offline Jane

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2017, 01:05:PM »
The only thing that is feasible to me is that Julie Mugford was obsessed with Jeremy, she could not bare the thought of him being with anyone else and as a prolific liar was capable of anything in revenge and to top it off sold the story for fame and fortune posing without knickers
Very classy

She never denied it. She said in court "I was very much in love with him. I'd hoped to marry him".