Author Topic: Julie 'saving her skin' by approaching the police:  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Adam

Re: Julie 'saving her skin' by approaching the police:
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2017, 09:31:AM »
I still think if he had gone to all the trouble of planning such a complicated and risky crime he would have played her along a bit longer . Keep your enemies closer and all that .

He did try. Julie saying Bamber had to persuade her to accompany him sometimes.

Julie was breaking away & telling other people what she knew after 20 days, while they were still together.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Jane

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2017, 09:34:AM »
I still think if he had gone to all the trouble of planning such a complicated and risky crime he would have played her along a bit longer . Keep your enemies closer and all that .

I've never seen Jeremy as a particularly mature and responsible person. Who knows what sort of strains he was feeling -OR Brett's arrival highlighted- in his relationship with Julie? Might he have seen it as entrapment? Did Brett offer a free and 'laddish' existence? I think you're buttoning both Julie and Jeremy into very tight packages -in terms of what they would/should have- in which there's no freedom of movement for either. It doesn't signify, if they do A, that B automatically follows.

Offline Jan

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2017, 09:54:AM »
He did try. Julie saying Bamber had to persuade her to accompany him sometimes.

Julie was breaking away & telling other people what she knew after 20 days, while they were still together.

So nothing to do with Virginia greaves then ?

And why the pillow over the face incident?

Offline Jane

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2017, 10:04:AM »
So nothing to do with Virginia greaves then ?

And why the pillow over the face incident?

Have you never felt such anger/hurt/frustration that you haven't known what to do with it, or are you able, now -and would you have been, at 20- to maintain perfect control at all times?

Offline Jan

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2017, 10:07:AM »
Have you never felt such anger/hurt/frustration that you haven't known what to do with it, or are you able, now -and would you have been, at 20- to maintain perfect control at all times?

That's not what I meant , I was querying Adams assumption that she was just slipping away to turn him in without any particular reason.