Author Topic: Julie 'saving her skin' by approaching the police:  (Read 185 times)

Offline Adam

Julie 'saving her skin' by approaching the police:
« on: August 05, 2017, 02:49:PM »
It has been suggested that Julie approached the police after telling 5 people to 'save her skin'. What could this be ?

The caravan break in

No. This took place 5 months earlier. The only people who knew about it decided not to prosecute & were now dead. EP were not investigating this.

The joint 1984 minor cheque fraud

No. EP were not aware of this or investigating it. It was over a year earlier & Julie was living in London then.

The unsourced London college low grade drug dealing

No. EP were not investigating this & it was out of their juristiction. They were not aware of it.

The unsourced low grade drug taking

No. Ditto above.

Not turning on a guilty Bamber sooner

Yes. Approaching the police & telling them what Bamber had told her during her 18 months with him is saving her skin.

There is a suggestion she was tipped off that Bamber was to be charged. However she had already told 5 people & telling the police was the logical next step.

It is much better than waiting for the police to approach her & then forcing information from her.

-----------------------

In conclusion it seems after telling 5 people, Julie got to the police before they got to her. To tell them what Bamber had said to her.

This makes her look a lot better & 'saves her skin' to an extent.

However if anyone else has got any suggestions on how Julie was 'saving her skin' by approaching the police, please say.

'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Jane J

Re: Julie 'saving her skin' by approaching the police:
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 02:57:PM »
YUP! I'm inclined to think that during post coital pillow talk, Jeremy divulged much more than she revealed and it's very likely that, at the time, she'd have gone along with it. There were no guarantees that Jeremy wasn't going to confess and if he had, he could easily have told the police that Julie was party to what he had in mind. I think she told enough of the truth to save her own bacon. After all, did Jeremy not say "It's important to tell the truth as much as possible"? or perhaps it was "It's important to tell as much of the truth as possible"?

Offline Jan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 05:01:PM »
She did not approach the police.

I know you go on other forums . Is Liz rimmingtons full statement on there ?

Offline Adam

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 05:18:PM »
Page 114 Wilkes's book -

'Liz ? Stan Jones'

'Hello'

'Have you got Julie with you ?'

'Yes'

'Is it about the Bamber case ?'

'Yes'

'Is she making allegations ? '

'Yes'

'I'll be right over'.

Offline Adam

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 05:27:PM »
It wasn't essential that Julie approached the police.

If she had co operated when they next approached her, that would have been helped her. However the longer she left it, the worse it would look.

The worst thing to have done would be to wait for them to approach her & then be un coperative.

Offline Jan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 05:36:PM »
Page 114 Wilkes's book -

'Liz ? Stan Jones'

'Hello'

'Have you got Julie with you ?'

'Yes'

'Is it about the Bamber case ?'

'Yes'

'Is she making allegations ? '

'Yes'

'I'll be right over'.

There apparently no official record of what was said in the call.

Hence why I asked for the statements form Liz

And Julie was interviewed under caution which does not tie up with the above.

Offline Adam

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 07:04:PM »

There apparently no official record of what was said in the call.

Hence why I asked for the statements form Liz

And Julie was interviewed under caution which does not tie up with the above.

It seems the only source is from Wilkes's book. Who interviewed Stan Jones & Liz Rimmington.

Liz Rang Jones while with Julie.

Offline Jan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 07:19:PM »
It seems the only source is from Wilkes's book. Who interviewed Stan Jones & Liz Rimmington.

Liz Rang Jones while with Julie.

Yes I know that . And in extracts from her statements it says it was because Julie was withholding information. She said she had told her to go to the police but she had refused .

Offline Adam

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 07:28:PM »
Yes I know that . And in extracts from her statements it says it was because Julie was withholding information. She said she had told her to go to the police but she had refused .

Julie just needed a nudge. We've all been there

It would be a life changing approach by her & it was a month after the massacre.

Offline Jan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2017, 09:04:AM »
Julie just needed a nudge. We've all been there

It would be a life changing approach by her & it was a month after the massacre.

Don't you think that is very disrespectful? You 100% know Jeremy is guilty and therefore you are saying what she did while the twins were being buried , let alone the rest of the family was acceptable ?

She just needed a nudge?

Whichever way you look at this she does hold the key . Because if her evidence details were fabricated then she is one of the only two reasons he is in jail .

If not she is not exactly a heroine is she because while she was waiting for a nudge the police were burning a lot of the evidence . Not at Jeremy's request by the way .

Offline Adam

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2017, 09:10:AM »

Don't you think that is very disrespectful? You 100% know Jeremy is guilty and therefore you are saying what she did while the twins were being buried , let alone the rest of the family was acceptable ?

She just needed a nudge?

Whichever way you look at this she does hold the key . Because if her evidence details were fabricated then she is one of the only two reasons he is in jail .

If not she is not exactly a heroine is she because while she was waiting for a nudge the police were burning a lot of the evidence . Not at Jeremy's request by the way .

Well there are over 200 pieces of incriminating forensic & circumstantial evidence against Bamber. But appreciate supporters will focus on the silencer & Julie.

What did she do while the twins were being buried ?

Offline Jan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2017, 09:14:AM »
Well there are over 200 pieces of incriminating forensic & circumstantial evidence against Bamber. But appreciate supporters will focus on the silencer & Julie.

What did she do while the twins were being buried ?

Stood by the man that you think murdered them

For a month

Supporting him

Travelling with him

Until they split .

That's another point why would Jeremy not keep Julie by his side for longer with all the information she had ?

Why on earth risk her going to the police and turning evidence ?

Offline Adam

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2017, 09:18:AM »

For a month

Supporting him

Travelling with him

Until they split .

That's another point why would Jeremy not keep Julie by his side for longer with all the information she had ?

You just supported my previous post.

Julie betrayed Bamber after 20 days.

Why it took her 20 days has been discussed before. I appreciate other people believe when they were 20,  they would have shopped Bamber upon arriving at WHF on the 7th August 2017.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 09:18:AM by Adam »

Offline Jane J

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2017, 09:18:AM »

For a month

Supporting him

Travelling with him

Until they split .

He seemed to have become happier to be with Brett than with Julie. Perhaps he felt less hassled by Brett. Perhaps he liked the carefree/silly/boyish relationship he and Brett shared. Perhaps he'd started to feel uncomfortable around Julie.......................the list could be endless.

Offline Jan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2017, 09:23:AM »
He seemed to have become happier to be with Brett than with Julie. Perhaps he felt less hassled by Brett. Perhaps he liked the carefree/silly/boyish relationship he and Brett shared. Perhaps he'd started to feel uncomfortable around Julie.......................the list could be endless.

I still think if he had gone to all the trouble of planning such a complicated and risky crime he would have played her along a bit longer . Keep your enemies closer and all that .