Author Topic: For doggie lovers only  (Read 794 times)

Offline Jan

For doggie lovers only
« on: July 30, 2017, 08:13:PM »
Sadly I lost My eldest dog recently from cancer . He was a very special dog and I miss him lots .

So I have my little Spanish rescue dog who is lonely as she has always been one of two dogs .

This is her in the picture now about 2 1/2

Anyone interested in seeing  a picture of my new dog also from Spain arriving in a couple of weeks ?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 08:14:PM by Jan »

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
Re: For doggie lovers only
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 08:28:PM »
Sadly I lost My eldest dog recently from cancer . He was a very special dog and I miss him lots .

So I have my little Spanish rescue dog who is lonely as she has always been one of two dogs .

Anyone interested in seeing  a picture of my new dog also from Spain arriving in a couple of weeks ?
Absolutely Jan.  Have just been over to see my sis in Spain, she has a little rescue dog who was in a dreadful state but is now leading a life of luxury and a feral black cat called jezza  ;D who comes for food 3 times a day. 
So many of these dogs and cats are abandoned by UK and European ex pats when they decide to go home, although the Spanish are often blamed.   You are doing a wonderful thing to adopt from Spain.
So sorry to hear about the death of your beloved dog but so happy for the new doggie.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 08:29:PM by maggie »

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 08:30:PM »

She is so beautiful Jan and a very lucky girl.  :)

Offline susan

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 08:31:PM »

Jan I would love to see your new doggie your other rescue doggie will be so happy  to have a friend again I remember when you got the other rescue doggie she was quite a handful :)

Offline Jan

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 08:32:PM »
Here he is . Merlin Miguel .

I might have my hands full .

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 08:35:PM »

I think you might, Merlin Miguel looks full of beans  ;D ;D but is a very handsome dog and also another very lucky dog.    Bet you are excited to get him and hope they live happily together.  :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 08:36:PM by maggie »

Offline Jan

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 08:38:PM »
Yes I am worried and excited. Lissy loves other dogs but introducing a new one into the house is never easy .

I must be mad , just as she has calmed down I am giving myself more work .

But I am sure it will be alright in time .

He is in a pen at the moment so it will be like starting from scratch.

Offline susan

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 08:41:PM »

Jan Merlin is beautiful and just looked at the picture of your other rescue dog and she is gorgeous what a time she will have with Merlin :) you are very kind to adopt from Spain they really need help my son adopted a doggie from Bulgaria he had his throat cut when he was a wee baby but he was saved and Jamie now lives in Scotland and never stops barking :)) he came to visit us recently and he was a wee monkey but so sweet

Offline Jan

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 08:46:PM »
Jan Merlin is beautiful and just looked at the picture of your other rescue dog and she is gorgeous what a time she will have with Merlin :) you are very kind to adopt from Spain they really need help my son adopted a doggie from Bulgaria he had his throat cut when he was a wee baby but he was saved and Jamie now lives in Scotland and never stops barking :)) he came to visit us recently and he was a wee monkey but so sweet

Oh that's a sad story but at least a happy ending . Lissy has been to dog training , well actually owner training and has just started agility . It's exhausting. For me not her .

Merlin will go to training as well .

Offline susan

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 08:49:PM »
Yes I am worried and excited. Lissy loves other dogs but introducing a new one into the house is never easy .

I must be mad , just as she has calmed down I am giving myself more work .

But I am sure it will be alright in time .

He is in a pen at the moment so it will be like starting from scratch.

Jan everything will be fine Lissy will love her new boy friend my son adopted two males not the best idea but the wee one from Bulgaria seems to be the boss but things are settling down as long as they don't try and feed them too close together ;D

Offline Jan

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 08:51:PM »
Yes they will be fed separately and will be in separate rooms when I am not here for a while .

Fingers crossed it should be ok .

Offline susan

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2017, 08:54:PM »
Oh that's a sad story but at least a happy ending . Lissy has been to dog training , well actually owner training and has just started agility . It's exhausting. For me not her .

Merlin will go to training as well .

Hahaha wee Jamie had his own Therapist come to the house every week not sure if it helped Jamie may have helped the Therapist :))

Offline Jan

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017, 05:33:PM »
One of the dogs who is doing agility is a bronze crafts winner but won't stop barking during the whole course.

So they have had to break it down to one jump , if she is silent give treat but no talking . Then repeat and repeat .

Gradually she is getting the message . Barking means silence no treat no reaction .

If it works she will be back into competing .

I don't think we will ever get that far .