Author Topic: Monster  (Read 2738 times)

Offline lookout

Re: Monster
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2018, 01:53:PM »
I doubt they would need the relatives permission - it was over 30 years ago. They may have asked for cooperation but I doubt permission would be required. Look at the stuff said about them on the internet?

It's different because it's from each persons perspective.

The internet is a different kettle of fish to a full-blown media production as actors/actresses are used to act out living characters who say or do things which aren't always in aggreeance of what was said or done and can lead to embarrassment. This is about real-life characters and the only way that the producer can share these characters is by reading about them ::)------which we all know can be inaccurate.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2018, 02:03:PM »
The internet is a different kettle of fish to a full-blown media production as actors/actresses are used to act out living characters who say or do things which aren't always in aggreeance of what was said or done and can lead to embarrassment. This is about real-life characters and the only way that the producer can share these characters is by reading about them ::)------which we all know can be inaccurate.

It's a drama Lookout, it's entertainment. Lots of drama's are about real life but they aren't always accurate and if production companies had to ask permission every time they made a series, they wouldn't make any.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline lookout

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2018, 02:14:PM »
It's a drama Lookout, it's entertainment. Lots of drama's are about real life but they aren't always accurate and if production companies had to ask permission every time they made a series, they wouldn't make any.

Books aren't accurate for a start and if this guy bases his serialisation on CAL's book then it'll still be in mid-air so to speak and not based on the findings since her book was written. What it might do is give the viewers an insight of each individual character though not indepth I suspect------except Jeremy. ::)

----------sadly I have to go to a funeral now. :( See you later.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2018, 02:28:PM »

Books aren't accurate for a start and if this guy bases his serialisation on CAL's book then it'll still be in mid-air so to speak and not based on the findings since her book was written. What it might do is give the viewers an insight of each individual character though not indepth I suspect------except Jeremy. ::)

----------sadly I have to go to a funeral now. :( See you later.

Oh dear - sorry to hear that :( - TTFN
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Adam

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2018, 04:31:AM »
The article says -

'The ITV series, using a screenplay by Kris Mrksa, who wrote the spooky BBC1 Requiem series, is based, in part, on a published investigation of the murders by author Carol Ann Lee.'

---------

I hope the researchers also use lots of other sources. There is a lot online, on youtube & in other books. Crime drama's often have long scenes of police interviews. If they quote from the online Bamber police interviews, that would be very damaging for him.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 04:32:AM by Adam »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.