Author Topic: "DS Davidson confirmed, the barrell, not the silencer"  (Read 571 times)

Offline lookout

Re: "DS Davidson confirmed, the barrell, not the silencer"
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 03:26:PM »
He just wasn't involved in it, can't really blame him for not remembering something he didn't know in the first place.

Why not a straight forward " no " instead of " I don't remember " ? It cuts no ice with me when someone states that they don't remember---------unless they're in their 90's.

Offline Hartley.

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 03:30:PM »

Why not a straight forward " no " instead of " I don't remember " ? It cuts no ice with me when someone states that they don't remember---------unless they're in their 90's.

It was in the 90's, it was 1991.  :))

Offline Jane J

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2017, 03:34:PM »

I'm always interested in what people tell me they remember. My friend's daughter, because she remembered telling her, insisted that her mother knew something from years back. Her mother didn't. It appears quite simple to me. Clearly, because she felt the need to relay the tale to her mother, the story had impacted heavily on the daughter. It didn't have the same impact on the mother so she didn't retain it. It's hardly surprising then, if those present at WHF, can't recall, with clarity, every detail of it. I'm certain they'll recall that which impacted most heavily. What's important to us, in the here and now, may NOT have been as important to them, at the time.

Offline lookout

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2017, 03:35:PM »
It was in the 90's, it was 1991.  :))

::)
He wasn't though was he ?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2017, 04:51:PM »
;D

Yes we should all stop and go out and enjoy the susnshine.

That's what I did  :)
100% GUILTY - No doubts!

Offline Hartley.

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2017, 04:52:PM »

I'm very jealous.  :'(

Offline lookout

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2017, 05:26:PM »
I'm always interested in what people tell me they remember. My friend's daughter, because she remembered telling her, insisted that her mother knew something from years back. Her mother didn't. It appears quite simple to me. Clearly, because she felt the need to relay the tale to her mother, the story had impacted heavily on the daughter. It didn't have the same impact on the mother so she didn't retain it. It's hardly surprising then, if those present at WHF, can't recall, with clarity, every detail of it. I'm certain they'll recall that which impacted most heavily. What's important to us, in the here and now, may NOT have been as important to them, at the time.

I'd have thought that the tragedy at WHF would have been embedded for life,especially with those concerned in the investigation. It's something that's not easily forgotten. This is why people are counselled for PTSD in some circumstances because of their flashbacks,as I would have counted what had happened,as a trauma to those who were present.

Offline Jan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2017, 06:07:PM »

Just going out to our pool to cool down .

Offline lookout

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2017, 06:15:PM »
Just going out to our pool to cool down .

Blimey,I have to pump mine up  ::)  :)) :)) :)) :))

Offline Jane J

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2017, 06:25:PM »

I'd have thought that the tragedy at WHF would have been embedded for life,especially with those concerned in the investigation. It's something that's not easily forgotten. This is why people are counselled for PTSD in some circumstances because of their flashbacks,as I would have counted what had happened,as a trauma to those who were present.

Yes, because it MAY be THE thing which absorbs you most. I agree that it's not easily forgotten. However, some of the number of those present will have been presented with other tragedies, either through the course of their work, or within their families. Thank-you for reminding me about PTSD. Unnecessary as I've just recommended someone for it. I'm sure, as you always have to know better than anyone else, you'll be quick off the mark to remind me that not EVERYONE suffers it to the point at which they need to seek help. We all manage things differently. as I'm sure you know.

Offline David1819

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2017, 07:27:PM »
Stokenchurch Box 76 Item 174 Interview notes of DS 291 Neil Davidson, pages 48-49.

and, pages 61-63,

So, the alleged paint on the silencer was never there.

Neil Davidson actually attributes this to a rifle that was 'found downstairs'. If so it could only be the BRNO bolt action.

IMO Neil Davidson's recollection cannot be relied on. But its things like this that should have justified a retrial and put Neil Davidson under cross examination.

"Truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."

"The idea that he could invent a tale of a killing spree by a mentally disturbed woman to be lent credibility by further violent episodes over the following decades is hard to credit."

Offline Hartley.

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2017, 07:48:PM »
Neil Davidson actually attributes this to a rifle that was 'found downstairs'. If so it could only be the BRNO bolt action.

IMO Neil Davidson's recollection cannot be relied on. But its things like this that should have justified a retrial and put Neil Davidson under cross examination.

He's not particularly clear and I think you're probably just adding your assumptions to it, especially when you then conclude the his answers can't be relied upon.

You may also be forgetting that this was all part of the COLP investigation, as nothing came of it, it seems likely that they agree with your conclusion that it couldn't be relied upon.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 07:50:PM by Hartley. »

Offline Jan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2017, 09:50:AM »

In this case if you look at the controversy and press coverage right from the start you would have thought that if you were an officer involved that you would at least have made sure that everything in your notebooks was correct and a full accurate report of what had happened because it would seem pretty obvious even at the time that this case was going to be  unusual so I don't personally think the memory thing comes into it for proving facts. That is was the written records were for and this was the 1980s not the 1880s so they all knew the importance of accuracy

Also there was no excuse for the way the crime scene and exhibits were treated , again forensic science was not advanced as it is today but it was not in its infancy and the fact that the labs were not independent as such should have been more of a responsibility to get it right not less.

It's quite shocking really .

Offline Jan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2017, 10:02:AM »
He's not particularly clear and I think you're probably just adding your assumptions to it, especially when you then conclude the his answers can't be relied upon.

You may also be forgetting that this was all part of the COLP investigation, as nothing came of it, it seems likely that they agree with your conclusion that it couldn't be relied upon.

Hartley

Is there any full statement from The officer who allegedly saw the rifle in the window anywhere on the archives ?

Offline Jan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2017, 10:12:AM »
It just occurred to me that she reported seeing the rifle in the window and there was a time.

If we can work out which window then if as has been alleged she was mistaken and it was not a rifle it must have been an object though ? Someone. Suggested it was just a broom? 🙄 Even though she was an experienced firearms officer .

So if we can find the photos of that room and there is nothing in the window then whatever the object was must have moved between her sighting and the crime scene photos?