Author Topic: "DS Davidson confirmed, the barrell, not the silencer"  (Read 6573 times)

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
"DS Davidson confirmed, the barrell, not the silencer"
« on: July 08, 2017, 02:17:PM »
Stokenchurch Box 76 Item 174 Interview notes of DS 291 Neil Davidson, pages 48-49.

"Paint sample.  DS Davidson thinks it was taken because there was some red paint on the end of the barrel of the weapon which was found downstairs, which had a good knock.  DS Davidson confirmed, the barrel, not the silencer"

and, pages 61-63,

"It was during the supposed struggle between Ralph and Jeremy that the barrel, the weapon, somehow caught the underside of the mantle during the struggle, that is how I recall it Sir.  DS Davidson re-confirmed barrel, not the silencer".

So, the alleged paint on the silencer was never there.

Offline lookout

Re: "DS Davidson confirmed, the barrell, not the silencer"
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 02:40:PM »
Goodness me,what's been the point of all these mistakes ?

guest7363

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 02:42:PM »
Goodness me,what's been the point of all these mistakes ?
Must admit, there was an awful lot Lookout

Offline lookout

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 02:46:PM »
Must admit, there was an awful lot Lookout

Right the way through we have the blooming silencer with paint on it and clearly this hasn't been true. I don't know about Sheila " not knowing one end from the other as regards the rifle ",it would seem that those investigating didn't either.

Offline Adam

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 02:47:PM »
The paint & blood were inside the silencer.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline lookout

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 02:52:PM »
The paint & blood were inside the silencer.

I see. Is that what it says ? ::)

guest2181

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2017, 02:56:PM »
For those that are interested, the above extracts are taken from Davidson's COLP interview in 1991.

The full document can be viewed here: http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,590.msg12022.html#msg12022

Rather than the sensational title of this thread, it seems that Davidson wasn't involved in this aspect of the case and he is relying on memory. It appears that he is simply mistaken.

guest7363

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 03:05:PM »
For those that are interested, the above extracts are taken from Davidson's COLP interview in 1991.

The full document can be viewed here: http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,590.msg12022.html#msg12022

Rather than the sensational title of this thread, it seems that Davidson wasn't involved in this aspect of the case and he is relying on memory. It appears that he is simply mistaken.
Thanks Hartley, I thought there would be something somewhere, I like to take a back seat, you only get accused if you post, pack of hyenas etc and I've had an exhausting morning doing nothing.

guest2181

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 03:07:PM »
Thanks Hartley, I thought there would be something somewhere, I like to take a back seat, you only get accused if you post, pack of hyenas etc and I've had an exhausting morning doing nothing.

;D

Yes we should all stop and go out and enjoy the susnshine.

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2017, 03:08:PM »

Rather than the sensational title of this thread, it seems that Davidson wasn't involved in this aspect of the case and he is relying on memory.  It appears that he is simply mistaken.

He is a SOC officer.  I think he knows the difference between a barrell and a silencer - in a case in which the silencer was the main exhibit.  He knows in advance that he's going to be interviewed.

I'm hardly sensationalising the title of the thread! 

guest2181

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 03:12:PM »
He is a SOC officer.  I think he knows the difference between a barrell and a silencer - in a case in which the silencer was the main exhibit.  He knows in advance that he's going to be interviewed.

I'm hardly sensationalising the title of the thread!

I'll let people read the interview if they want to. The first time Davidson sees the silencer is the real killer - in 1991.  ;D

Offline lookout

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 03:12:PM »

Mistaken ? Sorry but this was a mass murder case,there shouldn't have been any mistakes at all.

guest2181

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2017, 03:15:PM »
I'll let people read the interview if they want to. The first time Davidson sees the silencer is the real killer - in 1991.  ;D

Offline lookout

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2017, 03:18:PM »
Half of them should have been put out to grass given their fading memories.

guest2181

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 03:20:PM »
Half of them should have been put out to grass given their fading memories.

He just wasn't involved in it, can't really blame him for not remembering something he didn't know in the first place.