Author Topic: Why Nevill would jump on Sheila:  (Read 310 times)

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
Re: Why Nevill would jump on Sheila:
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2017, 05:57:PM »
Like I said watch one of the available videos of people with her illness and see what they are capable of. Because then you might understand. But you won't because you are not really interested.

I do have some personal knowledge of what can happen . But I am not going to use it on here . The information is out there.

Plus her dosage was allegedly not correct so you have to take that into account .
It is  very true Jan that withdrawn behaviour can be the forerunner of a paranoid schizophrenic episode.

Offline Jan

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2017, 06:00:PM »
So she went from a zombie with co ordination problems, under sedation & on Haloperidol, to a killing machine 5 hours later. At 3am.

It it really necessary to use that term ? It is not really appropriate is it?

Offline lookout

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2017, 06:10:PM »
You've got to believe it ! Ever worked with them ? One of my g/daughter's is a nurse on such a ward and Haldol hardly touches those patients who take it. Risperidone and Clozipine as was given to Sheila for her psychosis and is given to my g/daughter's patients who suffer from something called " Pica ",but they still insist on eating whatever object/substance that is visible. Mental illness is just that and not something which can be taken lightly. It doesn't just vanish overnight like a headcold,it's there for the duration in many. Without the continuity of treatment,counselling and support,the likelihood of returning to normal health diminishes.   

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2017, 06:16:PM »
You've got to believe it ! Ever worked with them ? One of my g/daughter's is a nurse on such a ward and Haldol hardly touches those patients who take it. Risperidone and Clozipine as was given to Sheila for her psychosis and is given to my g/daughter's patients who suffer from something called " Pica ",but they still insist on eating whatever object/substance that is visible. Mental illness is just that and not something which can be taken lightly. It doesn't just vanish overnight like a headcold,it's there for the duration in many. Without the continuity of treatment,counselling and support,the likelihood of returning to normal health diminishes.
Horrible illness Lookout, just awful and the drugs are awful as well.

Offline lookout

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2017, 06:19:PM »
Horrible illness Lookout, just awful and the drugs are awful as well.

It is Maggie. My g/daughter was telling me all about it the other day. She works nights and said they rarely sleep so it's more like day duty to her.

Offline maggie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2017, 06:30:PM »

It is Maggie. My g/daughter was telling me all about it the other day. She works nights and said they rarely sleep so it's more like day duty to her.
I thank God I don't suffer with anything so awful.