Author Topic: The Trigger Finger of Sheila Caffell  (Read 25245 times)

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
The Trigger Finger of Sheila Caffell
« on: July 06, 2017, 10:38:AM »
Incised rectangular wound upon Sheila Caffell's trigger finger.

The nature and position of the wound are suggestive that the cut originated from physical pressure against a machined part. 

Please enlarge to examine closely. 

« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 10:40:AM by Roch »

Offline Caroline

Re: The Trigger Finger of Sheila Caffell
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 10:52:AM »
Ah, this must be the so called 'new evidence'. This has got no chance Roch because, a. you (we) don't know if the marks are laceration or b. what could have caused them. It's just pure speculation and wishful thinking.
Few people have the imagination for reality

Offline Caroline

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 10:58:AM »
Aso, why didn't Venezis mention such lacerations in his notes? He had no reason not to at that point?

Offline Bill Robertson

• In my opinion
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 11:45:AM »
Aso, why didn't Venezis mention such lacerations in his notes? He had no reason not to at that point?
That would be the notes that Michael Ainsley had him create long after the event so as to obscure all the wounds presumably?
Julie’s going to Low Newton; remember to pack a toothbrush you lying toe rag, in my opinion

Offline Bill Robertson

• In my opinion
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 11:52:AM »
After Jeremy’s trial ended on 28 October 1986, Vanezis prepared a detailed account of his involvement in the case, dated 12 November. It was a classic ‘cover your arse’ memo.

He said, “There is no doubt in my mind that all the officers present at the P.M. prior to the examination had concluded they were dealing with four murders and a suicide. The result of my P.M. examination of Sheila was 'death due to gunshot wounds'. My examination did not reveal anything to contradict the suicide theory and I must say, although I could not from my examination confirm murder or suicide, from what I had been told suicide was a high probability. Either Vanezis or somebody at Essex Police later changed this statement to read, “murder was a high probability” for the purpose of the Dickinson Report.

Vanezis is very malleable in his opinions, and he has caused the imprisonment of other innocent men, as well as Jeremy Bamber.
Julie’s going to Low Newton; remember to pack a toothbrush you lying toe rag, in my opinion

Offline Caroline

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 12:07:PM »
After Jeremy’s trial ended on 28 October 1986, Vanezis prepared a detailed account of his involvement in the case, dated 12 November. It was a classic ‘cover your arse’ memo.

He said, “There is no doubt in my mind that all the officers present at the P.M. prior to the examination had concluded they were dealing with four murders and a suicide. The result of my P.M. examination of Sheila was 'death due to gunshot wounds'. My examination did not reveal anything to contradict the suicide theory and I must say, although I could not from my examination confirm murder or suicide, from what I had been told suicide was a high probability. Either Vanezis or somebody at Essex Police later changed this statement to read, “murder was a high probability” for the purpose of the Dickinson Report.

Vanezis is very malleable in his opinions, and he has caused the imprisonment of other innocent men, as well as Jeremy Bamber.

Yeah but why didn't he mention the so called cuts in his autopsy notes? He alluded to blood on her palms and a cut on her abdomen - how come he didn't mention cuts on her hand? No cover up as far as he's concerned at this point so why didn't he mention it?

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 12:10:PM »
Ah, this must be the so called 'new evidence'. This has got no chance Roch because, a. you (we) don't know if the marks are laceration or b. what could have caused them. It's just pure speculation and wishful thinking.

Caroline - There are many nicks, scrapes, gouges, abrasions upon Sheila Caffell.  As far as I am aware - the only images put up on here in the last 24 hours or so, have been of crime scene images that already exist on the forum.  That is a deliberate restriction, after due consideration.

I dont recall saying the evidence was 'new'.  How could it be new - if it has been the property of Essex Constabulary for 32 years?  I think the term bombshell is an Adamisation  :)) - at least I dont recall using it. 

For several years, I've consistently claimed Jeremy would not be freed and have tended towards a pessemistic view - given controversy and 'political' aspects.  However if people can be given more of an insight in to Sheila's injuries - it allows them to further evaluate the credibility of the prosecution's evidence and consider the machinations involved in securing a conviction.   

I've only seen an excerpt - regarding the bloodied palms etc.  I agree that in theory - if a genuine copy of the notes were obtained from a time when Sheila was prime suspect - there should be mention of wounds. 

Offline Bill Robertson

• In my opinion
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 12:11:PM »
Yeah but why didn't he mention the so called cuts in his autopsy notes? He alluded to blood on her palms and a cut on her abdomen - how come he didn't mention cuts on her hand? No cover up as far as he's concerned at this point so why didn't he mention it?
That is for the police enquiry to establish after Jeremy is released. He can claim incompetence, but that appears to be his only excuse. He omitted to mention or detail at least 28 cuts/gouges/grazes to Sheila Caffell, only he can explain why. In my opinion, he was persuaded by Ainsley to deny the existence of these wounds.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 12:18:PM »
That is for the police enquiry to establish after Jeremy is released. He can claim incompetence, but that appears to be his only excuse. He omitted to mention or detail at least 28 cuts/gouges/grazes to Sheila Caffell, only he can explain why. In my opinion, he was persuaded by Ainsley to deny the existence of these wounds.

So you don't know? No reason for him not to mention it - Ainsley had no input at the time he wrote his notes. That's quite a sweeping statement - 28 cuts? You know this how?

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 12:20:PM »
This has got no chance Roch because, a. you (we) don't know if the marks are laceration or b. what could have caused them. It's just pure speculation and wishful thinking.

Clearly the mark is a wound with a defined shape.  I am not an expert about gun-handling cuts and abrasions.  I imagine that repeated use of some machined parts might cause nicks, abrasions, cuts or bruises.  To also be considered is the possibility over-gripping

Offline Roch

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 12:22:PM »
28 cuts? You know this how?

As far as I am aware - the only images put up on here in the last 24 hours or so, have been of crime scene images that already exist on the forum.  That is a deliberate restriction, after due consideration.

Offline Bill Robertson

• In my opinion
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2017, 12:29:PM »
So you don't know? No reason for him not to mention it - Ainsley had no input at the time he wrote his notes. That's quite a sweeping statement - 28 cuts? You know this how?
I say 28 cuts, because I have counted them on high definition crime scene photographs. As Roch said, not all the evidence is on this forum, but actually quite a lot is.

I am taking an educated guess here. I would bet that the notes that Vanezis gave to Taff Jones did mention these wounds and the notes that Ainsley asked Vanezis to write after 7 September 1985, when Ainsley took over the investigation, are materially different.

guest7363

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2017, 12:35:PM »
Incised rectangular wound upon Sheila Caffell's trigger finger.

The nature and position of the wound are suggestive that the cut originated from physical pressure against an machined part. 

Please enlarge to examine closely.
Sorry that doesn't look like the same thumb posted in the spec savers challenge, this is a picture of a fatter thumb and the nail polish finishes more from the base and is ready for re painting?

guest7363

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2017, 12:36:PM »
I say 28 cuts, because I have counted them on high definition crime scene photographs. As Roch said, not all the evidence is on this forum, but actually quite a lot is.

I am taking an educated guess here. I would bet that the notes that Vanezis gave to Taff Jones did mention these wounds and the notes that Ainsley asked Vanezis to write after 7 September 1985, when Ainsley took over the investigation, are materially different.
Can you post them Bill? Or is it confidential stuff ;)

Offline Caroline

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2017, 12:36:PM »

His autopsy notes are on the forum. How did you get crime scene autopsy photographs? Not really going to believe that without seeing it first. I perfectly willing to believe you IF I saw the evidence. The picture you posted of her hand isn't a high definition picture - if you have such, post it, then we can all see if they really are cuts.