Author Topic: DCI 621 Stuart Smith Specsavers Challenge  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Roch

• Veteran Member
Re: DCI 621 Stuart Smith Specsavers Challenge
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 03:14:PM »
That IS Sheila's right hand, is it not? I'm just wondering how, if she was busy shooting people, with the gun in her right hand, how anyone would have been able to inflict wounds on her hands with a rifle's length between them. Had there been some sort of fisticuffs fight sans rifle, I imagine she could have been overcome before she reached for the rifle. However, it's not impossible, IF those marks are wounds, that she may have struggled briefly with Jeremy before he shot her.

If somebody is gouging her hand, with secondary scraping as the hand / wrist is pulled away during the tussle - I would be minded to consider whether she had hold of something and there were forcible attempts to loosen her grip.
"She was on a mission - a date with death, in league with the devil..." 

(Mike Tesko 2012)

Offline susan

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2017, 03:19:PM »
Aye, more than none then! Poor old Stuart; he may be drummed out on fitness grounds.

Bill been back to the picture this time wearing glasses and I see as explained earlier 3 or 4 gauge and scratch marks lots of the marks are blood but it seems to me when Sheila was beating Nevill he managed to mark her but was too badly injured to harm her.  If Sheila fought with Jeremy he would have been marked and Julie would have noticed and brought it up in her statement to EP Just my humble opinion

Offline susan

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2017, 03:21:PM »
If somebody is gouging her hand, with secondary scraping as the hand / wrist is pulled away during the tussle - I would be minded to consider whether she had hold of something and there were forcible attempts to loosen her grip.

Roch maybe Nevill or June were trying to take the rifle from Sheila and I suspect they were marked quite badly Jeremy was not as far as we know.

Offline Bill Robertson

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2017, 03:23:PM »
Bill been back to the picture this time wearing glasses and I see as explained earlier 3 or 4 gauge and scratch marks lots of the marks are blood but it seems to me when Sheila was beating Nevill he managed to mark her but was too badly injured to harm her.  If Sheila fought with Jeremy he would have been marked and Julie would have noticed and brought it up in her statement to EP Just my humble opinion
Fully agree; I see 5 clear cuts or marks, with 2-3 possible additional small grazes. It was quite a tussle to try to prise the rifle away from Sheila, which failed, obviously.

Offline lookout

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2017, 03:26:PM »
Sheila would have been like a wild animal that night and nobody would have stood an earthly. I often wonder if Neville had been forced to ring Jeremy to go to WHF so that she could have put an end to him too .

Offline Adam

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2017, 03:29:PM »
Sheila would have been like a wild animal that night and nobody would have stood an earthly. I often wonder if Neville had been forced to ring Jeremy to go to WHF so that she could have put an end to him too .

Sheila was like a tortoise. She was on Haloperidol and under sedation. Easy prey for Bamber.
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline lookout

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2017, 03:32:PM »

Looking at this scenario would take out the " mystery " as to why Neville would have rang Jeremy and not the police,initially.Sheila had wanted them all dead methinks.

Offline Roch

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2017, 03:33:PM »
Sheila was like a tortoise. She was on Haloperidol and under sedation. Easy prey for Bamber.

Doesn't look like she was easy prey for anyone, tbf. 

(Mike Tesko 2012)

Offline lookout

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2017, 03:38:PM »
I'd like to see anyone tackle someone who's having a psychotic attack.

Was it 3 GP's who couldn't " pacify " her when she was with Freddie ?

Offline JackieD

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2017, 03:49:PM »

Exactly Susan

Offline Adam

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2017, 03:50:PM »
Doesn't look like she was easy prey for anyone, tbf.

Sheila the wild animal with no gun powder on her nightdress or body. Was she a magician as well ?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 03:51:PM by Adam »
'Only I know what really happened that night'.

Offline Caroline

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2017, 03:56:PM »
So they released crime scene pictures of Sheila's right hand showing gouge marks even though Vanezis said they were free from injury? People ask why/how EP managed to misread the scene as professionals but then make out they are idiots with things like this slip. Make your mind up! Those pictures aren't clear enough to tell what the marks are and there certainly isn't 5 or any graze marks, they are just smears. You can talk yourself into anything if you try hard enough!
100% GUILTY - No doubts!

Offline lookout

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2017, 03:58:PM »
Sheila the wild animal with no gun powder on her nightdress or body. Was she a magician as well ?

Maybe Sheila hadn't worn her nightdress while going mad with a rifle ?? ::) No gunpowder,etc.

Offline Roch

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2017, 04:00:PM »
So they released crime scene pictures of Sheila's right hand showing gouge marks even though Vanezis said they were free from injury? People ask why/how EP managed to misread the scene as professionals but then make out they are idiots with things like this slip.

Caroline - is there any other way you can explain what you mean for this bit?  I dont understand the wording.

(Mike Tesko 2012)

Offline Caroline

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2017, 04:08:PM »
Caroline - is there any other way you can explain what you mean for this bit?  I dont understand the wording.

People have argued that they don't believe EP would have misread the crime scene as a suicide if it was staged. But this thread suggests that they released CS pictures that show gouges when they official line is that her hands had no injuries. Are EP clever on the one hand but dumb on the other?
100% GUILTY - No doubts!